Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:49 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
agnes wrote:
the religions i know are over the top ("over the top", a switching of gears here)

no book of secrets referenced, just an honest thought

being among the "illiterati" can have its perks?

great stuff there


It could have been the 60's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TXrIyjL534


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:30 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
heraclitis wrote:

There you have it! Creation in a nutshell!

what i listened to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn5XaJ5t ... ure=relmfu

I find it a bonus that Hinduism has no homeland. I mean, it mystically springs from India but there is no civilization that says we are Hindu and we have a Hindu homeland. It just exists there in its poly manifestations an orphan that has been adopted by a thousand villages in a thousand forms. There was this incredible urbanization in the Indus Valley. Amazing organization and brickwork. The best sewers in the ancient world. Huge massive urbanization. Absolutely no written record. Then there is this mystical Vedic poetry. The universe springs forth at once monistic and completely polytheistic. Every manifestation overlaps every manifestation and even creation occurs simultaneously in two bellies (both males by the way, very strange). However, there is no archaeological remains. Cowherds or cow thieves in a land without horses. Great dreams of priests and warriors in chariots pulled by horses in dreams and where gods say kill your brother in honor as a genesis for ahimsa. All this in a land where horses never thrived. Of course, the Aryan must take credit. Mohenjo-daro and Harrapa, did they have fertility goddesses? Why must women always be the object of fertilization?


Last edited by heraclitis on Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:56 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
heraclitis wrote:
heraclitis wrote:

There you have it! Creation in a nutshell!


I find it a bonus that Hinduism has no homeland. I mean, it mystically springs from India but there is no civilization that says we are Hindu and we have a Hindu homeland.


Now that you think about it there are some negatives. It is like Christianity. It has no homeland. It's current manifestation resides in weird locations primarily in the good old US of A. It migrated there with bloody heads, hands and feet. It came to a land created on the idea that men are free from religion. Oh but not so. God has decided to prove a point that all people are created delusional. He just points right here. However, donations to the church are tax deductible! Now the argument of the friends of the Apocryphon ( I get to say that again) is that god (the big guy...hey zeus's poppa) is a demiurge (I rarely say that) and not the one (ooooo) who created longing for what we (collectively) can't have. It all seems very complicated, you know its like, know one knows whose shoes are whose or even whats the truth. That is why we listen to cosmic music when the moon is full and throw empty tequila bottles at the moon and howl in our youth. We strive for something that is really just an illusion.

Now of course you will say he is crazy. You can tell, look at the stuff he writes. Why woould he put that here?

Well, say what you will but the saxophone is sqwacking and the drum and the bass player are laying done a new groove and my toes are dancing because in the distance I can hear the night come fallin'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgLcv1mQZBg


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:15 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jan 09, 2003
Posts: 2493
Images: 5
Location: Rhododendron, Oregon United States
I dunno...all them demiurges are just about the same.

Credit to John Prine.

Actually, everything is just about the same.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:56 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
Goofus wrote:
I dunno...all them demiurges are just about the same.

Credit to John Prine.

Actually, everything is just about the same.


I am an atheist myself

But when you live in a world full of superstition you got to understand what you are dealing with.
I mean, people rally believe this kind of crap. Not only that, they get pissed off to the point of violence and murder if you disagree or are not one of the flock.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:50 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
heraclitis wrote:
Goofus wrote:
I dunno...all them demiurges are just about the same.

Credit to John Prine.

Actually, everything is just about the same.


I am an atheist myself

But when you live in a world full of superstition you got to understand what you are dealing with.
I mean, people rally believe this kind of crap. Not only that, they get pissed off to the point of violence and murder if you disagree or are not one of the flock.


I agree with Mr. Prine in the Realpolitic Civilized Oil-consuming world we live in today.

However, I do find it fascinating that the character John in the Bible has three aspects

1. Jesus directly told him the story of the demiurge. That the god of Abraham is a false second rate god.
2. John is the most transcendental of the four main apostles. Why he is down right cosmic!
3. John the Revelator cries for god the warrior to destroy the non-Jewish Pauline tide of christianity.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:18 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jan 09, 2003
Posts: 2493
Images: 5
Location: Rhododendron, Oregon United States
Wow! He sounds a lot like John Prine.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:17 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 06, 2008
Posts: 2531
Images: 2
Location: Crawfordville, Florida
heraclitis wrote:
heraclitis wrote:
Goofus wrote:
I dunno...all them demiurges are just about the same.

Credit to John Prine.

Actually, everything is just about the same.


I am an atheist myself

But when you live in a world full of superstition you got to understand what you are dealing with.
I mean, people rally believe this kind of crap. Not only that, they get pissed off to the point of violence and murder if you disagree or are not one of the flock.


I agree with Mr. Prine in the Realpolitic Civilized Oil-consuming world we live in today.

However, I do find it fascinating that the character John in the Bible has three aspects

1. Jesus directly told him the story of the demiurge. That the god of Abraham is a false second rate god.
2. John is the most transcendental of the four main apostles. Why he is down right cosmic!
3. John the Revelator cries for god the warrior to destroy the non-Jewish Pauline tide of christianity.


Isn't it amazing how John Prine (the Relevator) is able to bring to light all of this enlightenment and illumination using as his vehicle the [eternally apparent] simplest of folkie/country/bluesy songs? Shakespeare in overalls indeed!!! And throwing recently emptied tequilla bottles at the moon never diminished neither tequilla nor moon.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:10 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 8359
nortonkevin wrote:
...... And throwing recently emptied tequilla bottles at the moon never diminished neither tequilla nor moon.


well when you put it that way :)

heraclitis wrote:
heraclitis wrote:
Goofus wrote:
I dunno...all them demiurges are just about the same.

Credit to John Prine.

Actually, everything is just about the same.


I am an atheist myself

But when you live in a world full of superstition you got to understand what you are dealing with.
I mean, people rally believe this kind of crap. Not only that, they get pissed off to the point of violence and murder if you disagree or are not one of the flock.


I agree with Mr. Prine in the Realpolitic Civilized Oil-consuming world we live in today.

However, I do find it fascinating that the character John in the Bible has three aspects

1. Jesus directly told him the story of the demiurge. That the god of Abraham is a false second rate god.
2. John is the most transcendental of the four main apostles. Why he is down right cosmic!
3. John the Revelator cries for god the warrior to destroy the non-Jewish Pauline tide of christianity.


what does this mean? (the one in bold, at least i am attempting to put it in bold) i mean, i think i see what it is saying? it sounds like you are saying john is saying that the gentile version of christianity is false (?) and so therefore the other version is the one that will save you (?) something like that


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:21 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jan 09, 2003
Posts: 2493
Images: 5
Location: Rhododendron, Oregon United States
I don't think the other ones were Christians.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:06 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
Goofus wrote:
I don't think the other ones were Christians.


Let's see

John the Revelator was on Patmos
A days journey (by boat) from Ephesus
Ephesus was the center of Pauline Christendom
with Corinth to the West
Thessalonica and Phillip North
Colossae and Galatia to the East

The Revelator was supposedly 60-64 AD
Paul supposedly dies 67 AD

Paul created a riot in Ephesus in a stadium when he attacked idolatry to Artemis (earlier in his time) in a stadium where Pink Floyd made a concert movie back in the early 70's.

Us us us us us
and
Them them them them

(oh sorry, Floyd was at Pompeii...I was really stoned back then...it look's like the same stadium...honest..I was wrong and I stand corrected)


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:29 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
nortonkevin wrote:
heraclitis wrote:
heraclitis wrote:

I am an atheist myself

But when you live in a world full of superstition you got to understand what you are dealing with.
I mean, people rally believe this kind of crap. Not only that, they get pissed off to the point of violence and murder if you disagree or are not one of the flock.


I agree with Mr. Prine in the Realpolitic Civilized Oil-consuming world we live in today.

However, I do find it fascinating that the character John in the Bible has three aspects

1. Jesus directly told him the story of the demiurge. That the god of Abraham is a false second rate god.
2. John is the most transcendental of the four main apostles. Why he is down right cosmic!
3. John the Revelator cries for god the warrior to destroy the non-Jewish Pauline tide of christianity.


Isn't it amazing how John Prine (the Relevator) is able to bring to light all of this enlightenment and illumination using as his vehicle the [eternally apparent] simplest of folkie/country/bluesy songs? Shakespeare in overalls indeed!!! And throwing recently emptied tequilla bottles at the moon never diminished neither tequilla nor moon.



I remember John smoking a lot of cigarettes, I never seen nobody smoke so many cigarettes while he was hanging around some chick named Barbara Lewis who was selling bibles at the airport and buying qualudes on the phone (ludes man, real stuff..714's). I heard him bitchin' about Noah and holding his breath for sweet revenge when somebody opened a closet door and a band popped out turning water into wine and playing saddled in the rain, very strange?

I dreamed they locked God up
Down in my basement
And he waited there for me
To have this accident
So he could drink my wine
And eat me like a sacrament
And I just stood there like I do
Then I came and went
I came and went
Like a bird in a foreign sky
Couldn't even say good bye
Or come and share the pain
My Saddle's in the rain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtKi_AC1Wb4


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:51 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
heraclitis wrote:
and in the dissipation of the great chaos
our little sad passion plays form
and dissolve in the gloam
as we strive for each other
to experience, if only momentarily
the light of the sublime

(The great cosmic wow now!)


John Illustrates this one as well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpMpCP57fMA


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:26 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
sorry, just sad and waltzes...you know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdVIJ170AHk


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:50 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
heraclitis wrote:
Goofus wrote:
I don't think the other ones were Christians.


Let's see

John the Revelator was on Patmos
A days journey (by boat) from Ephesus
Ephesus was the center of Pauline Christendom
with Corinth to the West
Thessalonica and Phillip North
Colossae and Galatia to the East

The Revelator was supposedly 60-64 AD
Paul supposedly dies 67 AD

Paul created a riot in Ephesus in a stadium when he attacked idolatry to Artemis (earlier in his time) in a stadium where Pink Floyd made a concert movie back in the early 70's.

Us us us us us
and
Them them them them

(oh sorry, Floyd was at Pompeii...I was really stoned back then...it look's like the same stadium...honest..I was wrong and I stand corrected)


So, Paul's Christianity is well established by 70AD when the Romans destroy Jerusalem and Josephus tells of the "Temple burning from the rendered fat of the multitude who die within its walls". So you have refugees throughout the already well extended diaspora including Jewish Jesus Freaks (possibly the Revelator). The Revelator passes through Ephesus and meets the "Greek Christians" of Paul. In his mind, after watching the Roman Legions who in their armor and with there great war machines appeared as locusts as they destroyed Judea, he has issues because after all, Greeks were to Romans as Austrians were to Germans in another Life cycle. This whole picture does not work for him and it gives him bad dreams. The rest of us are stuck with interpretation after interpretation of his bad dreams up to this very day.

At least it makes more sense than some of the other crap i have heard about revelation.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group