Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
Offline
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:09 pm
  

Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Jul 04, 2007
Posts: 634
Is it true that Stewart and Starr had to cut short their song for additional banter about Kelly Ripa's derriere? Not so , me thinks, it is that Ringo does not have the star power of the Beatles.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:24 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1778
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
I always liked Ringo.
Tough crowd to beat in.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:37 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 13, 2000
Posts: 8521
Location: Pixley-- Actually An Hr South of Richmond, VA
I somehow missed this. I used to have a thing for Ringo yrs ago. The other week when we were at my folks house they had something on Ringo on some tv show that was on the tv. My dad (whose in his 80's) said who is Ringo Starr? I said he's the guy from the Beatles. No my dad said he never knew Ringo Starr was one of the Beatles. ROTFKMAO. I mean as many times as I played Beatles records as a young thing & oogled over them & yet he never knew one of them was Ringo Starr. But this is the same dude who thought Michael Jackson was a white guy lol...


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:12 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Aug 25, 1999
Posts: 1274
Location: Herndon, Virginia
It looks like Ringo's people set the thing up on Regis and Kelly in November and agreed to the time cut, without discussing it with Ringo. My guess is someone is gonna get fired for this. He was able to do his chosen song full-length on Rachel Ray's show...I guess that will air sometime soon.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:49 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Aug 25, 1999
Posts: 1883
Location: Wantagh, NY
Cheryl Harrell wrote:
...

But this is the same dude who thought Michael Jackson was a white guy lol...


but he is, isn't he??


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:27 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 12, 2000
Posts: 6517
Location: New Jersey
If they won't let Ringo do a 4 minute 30 second song, what chance would a guy with an 18 minute 20 second song have? I read where they would give him 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
But I suppose people would rather listen to Regis and Kelly for an extra 1 minute and 30 seconds? :? :roll:


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:19 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Aug 25, 1999
Posts: 1274
Location: Herndon, Virginia
I wouldn't listen to them for ten seconds!!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:23 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Dec 23, 2005
Posts: 1013
Location: here and there
me neither


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:36 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 18, 2004
Posts: 2251
It was really about him wearing a big cowboy hat


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:25 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Dec 23, 2005
Posts: 1013
Location: here and there
yewer yoking!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:13 pm
  

ArloNetizen

Joined: Apr 04, 2007
Posts: 90
MG wrote:
Is it true that Stewart and Starr had to cut short their song for additional banter about Kelly Ripa's derriere? Not so , me thinks, it is that Ringo does not have the star power of the Beatles.

I saw Ringo on Larry King last week. He said the producers wouldn't let him do the song "Liverpool" in its entirety.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:30 pm
  

Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Oct 01, 2004
Posts: 277
Location: left of center, Ohio
Larry wrote:
If they won't let Ringo do a 4 minute 30 second song, what chance would a guy with an 18 minute 20 second song have? I read where they would give him 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
But I suppose people would rather listen to Regis and Kelly for an extra 1 minute and 30 seconds? :? :roll:


The last few times I've heard Ringo sing (if I can call it singing)
Someone should have cut ...... well 4 minutes can be a long time :wink:


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:19 pm
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Nov 19, 2006
Posts: 275
Location: Southborough, Massachusetts
Arnie wrote:
Cheryl Harrell wrote:
...

But this is the same dude who thought Michael Jackson was a white guy lol...


but he is, isn't he??


I thought he was a white woman...my sister's theory is he's trying to turn himself into ELizabeth Taylor !


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:31 am
  

User avatar
BlunderVirgin

Joined: Apr 01, 2008
Posts: 5
Location: Spaced Coast Florida
Ringo Rocks!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 36 guests


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group