Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Setlists & Show Reports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2000 12:24 am

The W!zard

CyndyB - It was nice meeting you and JB at the concert... Hope to see you at more shows on down the road! Oh, and it sounds like you might have finally joined the "Say Something Stupid to Arlo Club"... Not sure if you joined or not, but if you didn't never fear, just wait for it to come around again on the guitar!

You guys really should make plans to make it up to the church shows one of these years... that will really be something you'll never forget. A few tips though... 1) Make sure your Guthrie Center membership dues are paid up or you might not get the chance to get in, 2) Make your hotel reservations around this time of the year - hotels fill up fast 3) If you are looking for a place to stay up there, e-mail me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2000 3:44 am

Arlo Fanatic

**** SET LIST ****

JOSEPH MEYERHOFF SYMPHONY HALL, BALTIMORE, MD SUNDAY MAY 14, 2000 (MOTHERS DAY) 3 PM

Famous Blunderites In Attendance: Dave & Kim Downin, Rotten Dan & his wife Donna, Deb Fitz, Sue from the other Arlo Site & her Daughter, Agnes & her friend (He seemed really nice. Nice to see new folks being taken to the gigs. Hopefully we got a new convert), Janet & her friend Freddie, Jessicas Mother, David & Libby Hagin, John C, Cheryl & Mike Harrell, DENNIS! Good old Dennis, he keeps the show going. [img]/ubb/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

FASHION REPORT: ARLO: BLACK SUIT, BLACK LONG SLEEVE DRESS, SHIRT, BLACK DRESS SHOES, WHITE SOCKS (WORE THIS AFTER THE SHOW TOO!)

ABE: BLACK LONG SLEEVE DRESS SHIRT, BLUE JEANS
SARAH: LONG BLACK SKIRT & TOP
JOHNNY IRION (SON-IN-LAWA; SARAHS NEWS HUBBY): SUIT & WHITE SHIRT

NO OPENING ACT... NOT A SYMPHONY SHOW CONTRARY TO RUMORS THAT IT WAS SYMPHONY...

(NOTE: Sarah and Johnny were not in the first half of the show. Only Arlo & Abe)...
CHILLING OF THE EVENING

New Orleans Story..

HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN

Story About Doing Old Songs...

MOTHER THE QUEEN OF MY HEART

**** ALICES RESTAURANT **** (A real crowd pleaser which he got a big reception on.) (Note: He used the word afternoon in the song instead of the word tonite. Like here this afternoon instead of here tonite to fit in with the timing of the gig)...

Tells the story of how ALICES was recorded the day the Beatles Sgt Peppers album was released & how the new re-recorded version of ALICES was released the day the new Beatles ANTHOLOGY album was released.

Tells the RITTENHOUSE SQUARE store of RING AROUND A ROSEY RAG...

RING AROUND A ROSEY RAG

Tells story of it being similar to Steven Fosters SWANNEE RIVER song...

Tells story of songs floating by him to Dylan...

Tells story of doing radio ad for a record of his yrs ago & doing a Bob Dylan imitation in it...

DARKEST HOUR

Tells kids stories...

Tells Mooses story...

Starts to do Mooses but stops to tell an Alan Ginsburg story. Typical Arlo. [img]/ubb/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

MOOSES COME WALKING

ST. JAMES INFIRMARY

Says it's a CISCO HOUSTON song....

INTERMISSION (SEE JESSICA SELL LOTS OF STUFF!) [img]/ubb/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

PART 2:

Sarah Guthrie Irion & Johnny Irion (Arlos daughter & her new hubby come out to join Arlo & Abe. She does a nice job on vocals & he a nice job on dobro.)

REUBEN JAMES

Someone yells out Arlo & he asks here what her name is.

Sarah talks & sings...

Sarah sings: ORPHAN GIRL

Arlo goes to the piano. It is not his usual portable electronic one but as John C said earlier on here a nice grand piano. [img]/ubb/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

CITY OF NEW ORLEANS (Which gets a great reception as well)

LAST TO LEAVE

SLOW BOAT

Goes to guitar...

Tell the story of his being on the MUPPETS tv show in the 70's.

Tell the Story of Pete joining him at Carnagie Hall in NYC one last time, as few yrs back...

GOLDEN RIVER (Featuring Sarah)

A.G Again...

Green Rocky Road story...

GREEN ROCKY ROAD

THIS LAND IS YOUR LAND

Stops in middle of song to tell the story of his mom going over to china & she hears them do the song over there. Also tell the story of going to school 7 them singing it in school & he not knowing the words to the song & comes home crying to his dad Woody over it. So Woody teaches him the words to the songs including some unsung verses.

Finishes song. Good applause & reception from the audience...

ENCORE!

DOORS OF HEAVEN

GOODNIGHT IRENE (Stops in the middle of the songs & introduces the kids. He talks about the MILLION MOM MARCH & approves of it. Fire in Mind will be glad of this! )

Finishes GOOD NITE IRENE...

A wonderful time was had by all! [img]/ubb/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2000 8:30 am

cyndyb..thanks for the great report, the description of your first time meeting with arlo really made me smile! i'm quite certain many people have had that exact same reaction, but i've never seen it described so well. [img]/ubb/smilies/laugh.gif[/img] come join us in chat some night!

cheryl...thanks for the setlist..and glad you and mike are okay. pat's right, of course, eating on time is very important for both of you! take care!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2000 10:32 am

Arlo Fanatic

Well, now..this is better. Cheryl, we had to wait but it was, as usual, the most thorough setlist and show report. The next best thing to being there.
CyndyB, I love your story about meeting Arlo. It's always like that the first time. Go to a few more shows and you'll be abusing him like everyone else.[img]/ubb/smilies/smile.gif[/img] Hope to see you down the line at some show, sometime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2000 10:40 am

Arlo Fanatic

That's our Cheryl! Are you sure you didn't miss a sneeze or a burp or something?? [img]/ubb/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2000 10:59 am

Arlo Fanatic

Cheryl: Exellant reporting! If I were to choose a setlist (for myself to listen to) I couldn't of come up with a better bunch of song's. And he did "Slow Boat". My favorite.
I'm happy for everyone, sounds like an extra special concert. And many more to come....[img]/ubb/smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Thanks Cheryl, for the interesting read!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2000 11:53 am

Great set list and extras! Could you include
sound bytes and some video, next time? LOL!
Boy, when you take your time to put your
report together, you REALLY do a thorough
job!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2000 6:15 pm

Cheryl great review. Arlo at a grand piano,I wouldn't mind seeing that myself. Piano's are my favorite instrument. And a grand has the best sound of all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2000 11:17 pm

Hey, Hey, Hey! This is my first post on the arlonet and i'm quivering with anticipation and nervousness. I just wanted to report on my FIRST EVER Arlo show! Yes thats right folks Balto. 5/14 4th row left center. I was the one in the blue tiedye singing loud and proud. I have to say i thought it was a great show. I didn't even mind so much that he didn't do "Motorcycle song" or "Comming to Los Angeles" (but Maybe he won't play them the next time i see him which i hope will be soon) But i did enjoy "Ring Around The Rosie Rag", "Darkest Hour" and well basically the whole show. I thought about hanging around to try to meet him but since i'm kinda new at this Arlo thing i was hoping i could meet some of the Arlo-vets first for some tips before i try someting so bold. Do i sound like a geek or what :} Oh well, that's all for now. I hope to meet some of you soon sometime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2000 11:30 pm

Welcome, Groovyblue! I bet you met some of the
Arlovets at the gig, and did not even realize!
[img]/ubb/smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2000 11:51 pm

Nice to meet you groovyblue! I was at the concert too, row d, seats 14 and 16! It was an incredible show! I met Arlo for the first time ever...and i have been a fan for over 15 year! Come join us in blunderchat sometime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2000 1:12 am

Arlo Fanatic

Tried to correct the spelling errors on this post but this posted twice with the errors on one post & the corrections on the other. So I erased what I wrote here since the corrected iversion somehow got printed above & replaced the spelling errors version of it with this little note. Confusing huh? [img]/ubb/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Message edited by Cheryl Harrell on May 27, 2000 @ 12:16 AM ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2000 1:12 am

Arlo Fanatic

I was front row center left. [img]/ubb/smilies/smile.gif[/img] You should said HI to Arlo & Mike & I! He would've been so nice to ya & Mike & I would'a dug meeting another blunderite! [img]/ubb/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2001 11:54 pm

I was in 4th row center(exact). It was another great show of Arlo's. What a setlist!
I enjoyed it tremend-us-lee!!!

Image Image

---MOON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2001 12:34 am

wow, i was at that show too. 5th row (I think) i met arlo like a billion years ago when he was still doing a craft fair thing in maryland about once a year. I cant wait till he comes back to MD
-HONOR