Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:15 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jun 09, 2004
Posts: 1931
Location: Brisbane OZ
TOM SELLECK for PREZ! (HE gave the Corporate Suits the bum's rush in a movie they showed here on Wed. I think it was called Running Mates.)
It was a fantasy of course.

Let's hope whoever wins (as long as it's a Dem) can do something about reversing the reputation of the U.S.
From someone who lives outside the country, I can tell you it's not good.

"The People" here finally woke up last Nov and changed the Govt. I have confidence that the same will happen this Nov.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:24 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 12, 2000
Posts: 6517
Location: New Jersey
The arrogance of dubya had him spend all the countries money and almost all of it's good will and standing in the world. The next president is gunna have a tough act to follow. I really don't like the idea of traveling to another country and have to tell them I'm Canadian so I don't get beat up or something.
As our favorite folkslinger has noted " you can't have a light without a dark to stick it in".......... I suppose we could be kind and thank george for the ample supply of darkness.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:31 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Nov 11, 2004
Posts: 2010
Location: Left-of-center
louise wrote:
TOM SELLECK for PREZ! (HE gave the Corporate Suits the bum's rush in a movie they showed here on Wed. I think it was called Running Mates.)
It was a fantasy of course.


You bet it's a fantasy! He was a Republican, the last I knew!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:09 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jun 09, 2004
Posts: 1931
Location: Brisbane OZ
Well Larry I'm lucky coz I have an Aussie accent, except for a few words. Makes for interesting listening some times. Sometimes I don't tell em but if I think they don't know what the hell they're talkin' about I'll pipe up.

And if they give me that" how would you know line", then I tell em I'm an AmerAussie and if they don't like it we can take it "Out on the damn street!!" :wink:

Friends and people who know me kinda apologize before they start their tirade! But I agree with most people (the ones who saw thru W and Co right from the start and marched like I did despite not being believed or being called Traitor or other not so nice names) then we all move closer on the Bench and start playin' with pencils and W dartboards and stuff.

But the people, here in OZ,who think like us here on the Bench and the ones who have seen the light in the last few years are waiting,,,,,,,,and will be bitterly disappointed if the Govt doesn't Change this time, as it has just done here.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:43 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1778
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
If this attachment works about Mondragon, I see it as an answer to about 80% of this lands ills, on a local level.

http://www.justpeace.org/mondragon.htm


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:43 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1778
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
I hope you can picture small people taken over small businesses and franshises like Wendy's and CVS. Other wise, in my mind we are doomed.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:40 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 8360
louise wrote:
Politics are serious Agnes!


louise, i just want to be sure you know that i always appreciate
hearing what you have to say.

okay, enough of that mush (and i meant every word of it) !

carry on!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:58 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jun 09, 2004
Posts: 1931
Location: Brisbane OZ
:wink:


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:36 pm
  

ArloNetizen

Joined: Apr 04, 2007
Posts: 90
What if all this debate is academic?

The GOP looks like it's going to be crushed this November. Bush might very well cancel the 2008 election if he thinks his party is going to be trounced and his policies reversed by a Democratic president.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:40 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: May 25, 2001
Posts: 3074
Location: Colorado Rocky Mountain High
annie wrote:
What if all this debate is academic?

The GOP looks like it's going to be crushed this November. Bush might very well cancel the 2008 election if he thinks his party is going to be trounced and his policies reversed by a Democratic president.


In that case, I am in favor of an uprising, and overturning the government... Didn't Jefferson say something about a revolution every 20 years? We're far overdue!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:58 pm
  

ArloNetizen

Joined: Apr 04, 2007
Posts: 90
Wyldflower wrote:
annie wrote:
What if all this debate is academic?

The GOP looks like it's going to be crushed this November. Bush might very well cancel the 2008 election if he thinks his party is going to be trounced and his policies reversed by a Democratic president.


In that case, I am in favor of an uprising, and overturning the government... Didn't Jefferson say something about a revolution every 20 years? We're far overdue!


It's another reason to impeach him now. Many are celebrating his lame duck status and the countdown to next January. But he's actually more dangerous with the fewer days he has left. He's unstable. He's itching for war with Iran. We should be very nervous, to say the least.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:53 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: May 25, 2001
Posts: 3074
Location: Colorado Rocky Mountain High
annie wrote:
Wyldflower wrote:
annie wrote:
What if all this debate is academic?

The GOP looks like it's going to be crushed this November. Bush might very well cancel the 2008 election if he thinks his party is going to be trounced and his policies reversed by a Democratic president.


In that case, I am in favor of an uprising, and overturning the government... Didn't Jefferson say something about a revolution every 20 years? We're far overdue!


It's another reason to impeach him now. Many are celebrating his lame duck status and the countdown to next January. But he's actually more dangerous with the fewer days he has left. He's unstable. He's itching for war with Iran. We should be very nervous, to say the least.


You've got that right! I've been writing letters and signing petitions asking for impeachment proceedings for the last five years! Sadly, it doesn't seem that the House is willing to follow the wishes of the People, but I'm not giving up on the idea (as I start another letter to my Representative).


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:18 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1778
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
Jefferson may have said have Revolution ever 20 years. I know Adams said the govt should be over-hauled ever 20 years.
A good start would be over-hauling the banking and credit industry so at least some % of the profits go to something like health-care for a start.
What in the world is wrong with some socialism, which the right won't even give chance?


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:50 pm
  

Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Sep 20, 2007
Posts: 189
Location: Nashua,NH
Even more fitting would be the last verse to the song "Banks of Marble".

Then we'd own those banks of marble
With no guard at every door
And we'd share those vaults of silver
That we all have sweated for
And we'd share those vaults of silver
That we all have sweated for!

.....Imagine that. Folks actually getting the money that they worked so hard for. Now there is a dream.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:58 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1778
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
Here is a comment from the Tom Paine News Letter which has confused those called the right:
They live in a fantasy mindset
By Pete Ross | January 11th, 2008 - 4:17pm GMT

"Their faith in religious mythology distorts their ability to use reason and logic!

If this country is "conservative", why were all the founders of our country "liberals" by the pure definition of the word?

The "conservatives" at the time our country revolted were the Tories, who wanted to keep their old way of life and remain as colonists. The "liberals" were the ones that fomented the revolution."

We have created the same things Patriots died to escape.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 21 guests


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group