Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:58 pm

BlunderVirgin

(Has anyone ever used the title "The Chapters of...." before? Oh well... on with the story)

One day, Alvin Lee, being of sound mind and body, decided to go to the city dump so he could go rummage to find a bike. Unfortunately for him, it was thanksgiving, and with the dump closed, he had to actually go to the store and buy a bike. "Bikes cost about 125 dollars," said Alvin "but if they cost 125 dollars, I could use this coupon I found!" "FREE SODA AT BOOGER QUEEN" the coupon had printed on it with black ink. "All I need to do is scratch out a few things...." said Alvin, picking up a marker and scratching out "FREE SODA" and writing down "FREE BIKE" and crossing off "BOOGER QUEEN" and writing "WAL*MART". He went off to the store, and suddenly, he saw a sign. A stop sign. He stopped, but then continued on his merry way. He finally got to Wal*Mart, and there he saw a giant, extremely large Frank Zappa robot blocking the store..........

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:04 pm

....which spoke to him in a weird sort of way saying, "The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe."

Well now, Al wasn't sure but figured if he was sure he wouldn't be there in the first place and in the second place he was still there in the first place as he hadn't moved to the second place cause he was still thinking about what the large FZ had said in the first place which is where he was having not moved to the second place (so THERE!) An then the large FZ spoke again.

"You shouldn't be wasting your time on bikes. You are destined to be a pretty good blues guitarist and I should know but I forgot to remember as I am a quite good guitarist period. Make haste to the nearest music store; change your poorly forged free coupon and git yoursef a gee-tar boy!!"

Al, not being the one to say Huh? did as he was directed which lead him to...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:34 pm

...the gee-tar store downtown. (Most gee-tar stores are downtown, but every once in a while you might find one uptown or midtown, but this one was definitely downtown.)

Alvin walks in and his eyes take in all the sights there are to see. Guitars of all shapes - well mostly Les Paul, Strat and Tele shaped but that's all good and well - and colors. And the wood! Some beautiful stuff hanging on the wall and sitting in stands on the floor. His attention is drawn to a cherry red finished Gibson ES 345. He decides "that's the one for me" so he hastily alters his free coupon and walks to the counter area.

"Hey man, howz it goin?" said the salesperson.

"Well I got this here coupon for a free guitar and I'd like to have that one," Alvin responded pointing to the 345.

"Hold on a sec! Lemme see that coupon," demanded the clerk. After eyeballing the coupon up and down and back and forth and front to back and side to side the clerk looked at Alvin and spoke these words, "Okay, looks like you got yourself a guitar."

"Hmmm, must be a stoner," thought Alvin smiling to himself. Retrieving the guitar he headed to the door. Just as he got there who would walk in but...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:13 am

BlunderVirgin

Indigo Books & Music is a Canadian bookseller committed to providing a stress-free approach to satisfying the booklover.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:53 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Alex001 wrote:
Indigo Books & Music is a Canadian bookseller committed to providing a stress-free approach to satisfying the booklover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4YMmSvDz9w