Forums » Website Related Forums » ArloNet Support / Technical

Post subject: New Discography Forum
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:21 pm

The W!zard

I've re-done the entire discography, to make it fit in with the existing forums design. Everything is still there, you can vote on each of Arlo's releases and with it being integrated with the forums you can post reviews, memories, etc. about each release. It also makes updating things a whole lot easier. You can't post new topics on the main Discography forum or the "Compilations & Other Projects" forums - but you can reply to the existing posts. The "Additions & Requests" does all new postings. Let me know if there are any issues with not being able to post or see anything.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:44 am

Arlo Fanatic

Thanks for all you do Wiz! :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:24 pm

The W!zard

One other thing to be aware of... As I just realized this, and had to make a change...

The main Discography forum as well as the "Compilations & Other Projects" subforum are not sorted by the date of the last post... I realized that if it had sorted like that, things would be all out of order - so I forced it to sort by the date of the first post to keep the topics in chronological order. So depending on how you use the forums, you may need to look at the icons before the post name (recording name) to see where the new topics are.

You can still use the "View Unread Posts" on the forum index page (under the "Options" menu) to easily find and read the new postings. That is not affected by the change. I may add in something along the lines of "Click the 'Last post' header to return to the normal sort order."