Forums » Group W Forums » The Blunder Board

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:39 am

Arlo Fanatic

Can't get to the church. So coming here.

Paul Kantner passed. Bowie, Frey, Kantner, Natalie? We woke up this year to the laughter of a cruel god. I want to scream at the sky.

So much politics and all of it worthless. What did politics ever get us? Music brought us here. Music made it worth it. It brought us dancing, singing, running in the rain, playing together. Each other.

Maybe as Henry said, Len goes all hippie. Ok. Fine. Let me be that for one more day. And then if that was good, another day. Fine. A fool to the body politic and the miserable rotten greedy vicious mean selfish pasty faces on their podiums spewing and race baiting and making us angry and loud and ... stealing us away.

We are the children who went to the moon and to the fields and to the all night parties and sang songs of love. We are sealed from them. They cannot touch us. They will never be us.

Fuck them. Let them pass on.

Have you seen the stars tonight? Have you seen all the family of stars?

Mom died this year. Everything is falling down. I want to cry and scream.

So I come here to the Blundernation because I can't get to the little white church next to the railroad tracks.

Thanks Arlo. Thanks for being a friend. I am glad to have passed through this time when you, kantner, crosby, gracie, croce and all my heroes made music. Thanks is a little word but a good word. So before another day and another one escapes into the light, just... thanks.

len

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:12 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Kinda diggin' where Len is comin' from. I lost my wife to heaven about a month ago, and since then, it's been nothing but musicians and celebrities dying. Been playing a lot of my wife's music lately; Arlo, Van Morrisson. Springsteen, Eagles. Music rules; screw politics.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:53 pm

Arlo Fanatic

i'm so sorry, mikey.

and you too, len. so sorry for your loss

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:42 pm

Arlo Fanatic

(((Len)))

(((Mikey)))

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:04 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Hugs to you all. I lost my Mike 7 yrs ago this month and my dad 3 yrs ago Memorial Day. I still miss them just like yesterday. Too many singers and other folks dying. So many I knew passed last yr. An aunt, a friend, Mikes cousin and some church folks. I see regularly in the paper where folks around my age are dying off. So far I am a survivor and intend to hang in there as best as I can. Wish your all love and peace. Amen. Prayers just said for you all.