Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Setlists & Show Reports

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2000 3:37 pm

OK, by my calculation this free gig is fourteen or so hours in the past... What did I miss? Set List and review(s) anyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2000 12:30 am

I guess no one showed up???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2000 1:23 pm

Arlo Fanatic

couldn't make it... scheduling conflicts (aka kids!)

the trinity was supposed to be there...
deb? pat? sherry???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2000 6:15 pm

Arlo Fanatic

We were there. It was great. Beautiful night and all good. It was a shortish set as compared with a regular show, because there were 3 acts for the evening. Arlo and family closed. Deb kept the set list and she might not be home for several hours yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2000 6:40 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Oh, and the opener for the evening shows was Taxi Chain . They were a fun surprise. You guys should check them out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2000 9:56 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

i just remembered i kept a setlist and since deb isnt home yet to post it i guess i should...so here goes...

chilling of the evening
coming into los angeles
saint james infirmary
rueben james
orphan girl
keys to the highway
motorcycle song
golden river
this land

encore
under cover of night

that's all she wrote...
good nite all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2000 11:00 pm

finally got home! thanks for doing the setlist, sherry...i'm too tired to look for it right now. Image it was a wonderful night, to be followed by another wonderful night in ocean city!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2000 5:26 pm

finally starting to wake up now. yes, make sure and check out taxi chain, they were really wonderful!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2000 6:02 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I think the bassist is going to stop by someplace here and say hi. Everyone try to act normal and make a good impression now. Image Isn't it cool what a small world it is out here in cyberspace?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2000 6:13 pm

Hello folks:

New user here just checkin' the place out for the first time. I'm the bassist in Taxi Chain. We were the first band onstage at the Lincoln Center and we had a great time in NY. We've been to New York before but it was a long time ago and we hope that those of you who saw the show will visit our website at www.taxichain.homestead.com and say hello!(It's actually a fansite with a link to the offical site. The official site has a crazy name too long for anyone to bother remembering) Please keep in touch because the next time we're in town we'd like to invite you to a show.
Arlo and Bruce Cockburn were great that night. We got to meet Arlo and I must say he was as nice as a Canadian! A very warm guy and totally unassuming.

Thanks!

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by JoeB on Aug 23, 2000 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2000 8:04 pm

pat..acting normal might be a bit of a stretch for this crew. Image

hi, joe! welcome to arlonet! thanks for the great show last saturday, and i'm sure hoping i'll get to catch another one when you're back down this way!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2000 9:06 am

Arlo Fanatic

Well, deb, he said he met Arlo it sounds like he was acting normal, so I guess we can do the same occasionally. Anyway, I think that this band is one that Arlo fans can probably really appreciate. They're funny and they're excellent musicians, too. And R&P (Rhythm & Pipes) is a musical form that works better than you'd ever expect. I heard Bob, who's not easy to please, saying how he never would have thought you could get that sound from bagpipes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2000 11:28 am

Senior ArloNetizen

hi joe! thanks for stopping by...it was a great nite at lincoln center and there are now a bunch of converted arlo fans who love r & p!

we are the crew that was asking for amazing grace after the show was over and that were waving to you when you left at the end of the night....you might not want us following you around...just ask arlo! LOL

we really enjoyed your set and i wanted to get up and dance..but no one would come with me and i was sitting in the middle of a row!

hope to catch another show of yours...

thanks again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2000 2:39 pm

Thanks everyone.

Our experience in the past is that people who are real music fans, as opposed to 'scenesters' or whatever, really understand what bands like Taxi Chain are all about. It's my feeling as well that Taxi Chain would appeal to a lot of Arlo fans.

It's been fun getting to know the fans at Arlo.net. Hope we'll see you in person some day soon! (Yes Sherry, I remember you folks-thanks!)