Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Folksinger Spottings » Archives

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:10 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Great video clips. Thanks Lorie. I wish they would show that TV series again. I also stumbled over a series of videoclips from Jackie about an episode of Renegade with Arlo starring in it. I liked that one too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:25 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
You are welcome, Brigitte:) Those clips are totally awesome. Maybe Jackie could put together a DVD compilation of all of the "Byrds" eppys. Arlo stole the show with his humor, periodically I watch the Alan Moon ones over and over and over again. I can't resist them. I know Renegade is out on DVD but the last season is not yet released on DVD. POOH! I will have to keep my ears and eyes open :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:02 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Byrds of Paradise on DVD would be great. But I think there would be copyright problems with that. But youtube is cool and since I've finally got DSL I can watch all of it without cleaning the whole appartment before being able to watch a 2 minute clip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:05 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
YouTube is a God!! I was only joking about Jackie making DVDs. Seriously making and selling uncopyrighted material can put you in the slammer and chop off your head for life :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:44 am

Senior ArloNetizen

I understand though! It would be awesome to have all of Jackie's wonderful work in a neat little portable package. :lol:

She has some truly amazing stuff! Not just the Arlo vids (although that's reason enough..heh!)

She leaves me on the edge of my seat wondering what's coming next!

I wondered how she would top the "Byrds" vids...then she hit us with "Renegade" Just when I thought that was the living end, she posted the "Wolftrap" vids and I fell in love all over again ! :lol:

Watching Pete with his grandson really touched me. By the time I watched the last one, it kind of felt like he was my grandpa!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:17 am

ArloNetizen

Did anyone catch the interview on XM radio? I was working and didn't get a chance to hear any of it. Hope there is a replay.
She

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:52 am

Senior ArloNetizen

I did. I was hoping it would be posted somewhere as well.

It was wonderful! I caught it on Direct TV. The XM channels are the one place Tivo has no effect! :evil:

I haven't the greatest "rememory" in the world, but I know he played St. James Infirmary. It was pretty cool! It was his Birthday, yet I felt like I got the gift! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:01 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Just heard Woody's name mentioned on the radio. A woman was speaking about how all the beautiful places in the world have been taken over by the super rich and their McMansions and how she didn't believe that's what Woody had in mind when he wrote "This Land is Your Land"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.