Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Folksinger Spottings » Miscellaneous Arlo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:27 am

BlunderVirgin

Dear Arlo!
Happy Birthday to you,
alles Gute zum Geburtstag
from Eisenach, Germany!

Best wishes for einen fantastischen, wundervollen, glücklichen Tag and a new year of life filled with happiness, good health, wonder, discovery, love & beauty every step of the way.....

...and maybe another visit to Germany???? (I hope, I hope)

To celebrate the monumental event of the anniversary of your coming down from the stars to be with us here on Earth, I set out to decipher amazon.deutschland and ordered your album "Every 100 Years-Live auf der Wartburg" (plus a couple of others that are still in storage boxes stateside).
I caught your concert with Wenzel in Hamburg in 2006. Extremely & stupendously great. As usual!
(I was also at your benefit for the Hawthorne Valley Waldorf School and one of your Thanksgiving shows at the Trinity Church; and of course I went to see Sarah Lee and Johnny at Caffé Lena's)
Two years ago I moved to Eisenach and have been teaching English at the Waldorf school here. Little did I know at the time that you had recorded an album here! Can't wait to check my mailbox!
So, all my students know lots of your songs and your Dad's, and of course "City of New Orleans". The third graders particularly love "Bling-Blang", which we sang in connection with their house-building unit.
So everybody wants to know: when are you coming back here???
'Cause you gotta come! What a field trip that would be!
And besides, I dreamed the other night that I was teaching you some German idioms, one being "Eselsbrücke" = "donkey's bridge" = "mnemonic device", which you thought was hilarious.
It's a sign!!!!!! :lol: :wink:
Have a wonderfully memorable birthday.
Love and thanks and many blessings to you,
Christine/Cenie

PS - sorry about posting this twice. I'm new at this arlo-forum thing. Wasn't sure where to post birthday greetings.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:59 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Welcome to the site! :)