Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post subject: Fall 2022
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:35 pm

The Folkslinger

Well we've been waiting, now it's here - Fall. Most of the butterflies have left the building. Birds are flocking and headed south. Some are staying. We're doing a little of both. Staying for longer than planned, but leaving before it get's too cold. Playing it by ear as they say. The fall colors are stunning as usual. A little less red than expected, but it's there, especially if you know where to look.

Lightning took out some of our electronic gear a few days ago, so we don't have wifi, but we're making due with tethered cell phones etc. It's almost like the old days. Not quite.

Wishing everyone a sensational fall whoever you are (except our friends on the other side of the world, who are going into summer). Lots of love as usual... :)

adg

Post subject: Re: Fall 2022
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:47 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I see the moon!
Oh! The other night I was awakened (I didn’t mind because I love it when I hear barred owl) by the sound of a single barred owl which erupted into a bonafide owl racket! (I suppose if you were to look into the etymology of “owl racket” it may have roots originating from the word “hootenanny” ? ) :) !
Anyway, it was a raucous I don’t recall ever hearing one quite like.

Oh! and Hi! :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:12 am

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:
I see the moon!
Oh! The other night I was awakened (I didn’t mind because I love it when I hear barred owl) by the sound of a single barred owl which erupted into a bonafide owl racket! (I suppose if you were to look into the etymology of “owl racket” it may have roots originating from the word “hootenanny” ? ) :) !
Anyway, it was a raucous I don’t recall ever hearing one quite like.

Oh! and Hi! :)

This is the closest I could find to what I heard. It started out with the sound of one call drawing me from my dreams, and quickly turned hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzhSxhhAYbE

So there you have it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:01 pm

The Folkslinger

https://www.flickr.com/photos/folksling ... en-public/ Here's link to the latest pix I've posted online. As we near the end of October 2022, I was out and about trying to capture the end of fall.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:25 am

Arlo Fanatic

Oh yay! They are some really pretty spots.
There is still a lot of color around here, and a maple (of some sort, I forget) that is still green. Still some green here and there, but plenty of reds and golds.