Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:48 am

The Folkslinger

We've been back on the farm for just about 3 weeks. Enough to catch a little snow. Today for the first time we're beginning to see a reddish-purple hue in the forest trees, a sign that spring is about to happen. The birds are ahead of us, they've been here a little longer. Marti & I went up to hear Janis Ian as planned and had a lovely time in Saratoga Springs, revisiting Caffe Lena. I haven't been there for a long time. They made it much better than I remembered. We walked there and couldn't even find the new entrance (a little farther down the street), so we entered the old way going past a door that said something like "Employees and Deliveries Only". I remembered the stairs anyway. Funny stuff.

Now we're settling into the old farm thinking about how quickly it all seems to go by. Time flies no matter if you're having fun or not. The older I get the faster it seems to go by. No complaints - Just an observation. Some time within about 3 weeks we'll get the winter cover off the cement pond and lounge around the pool - Or at least I will. Nice to be back at my old desk, drinking coffee, and watching the thoughts come and go. They've been doing that for decades. They continue...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:55 pm

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
We've been back on the farm for just about 3 weeks. Enough to catch a little snow. Today for the first time we're beginning to see a reddish-purple hue in the forest trees, a sign that spring is about to happen. The birds are ahead of us, they've been here a little longer. Marti & I went up to hear Janis Ian as planned and had a lovely time in Saratoga Springs, revisiting Caffe Lena. I haven't been there for a long time. They made it much better than I remembered. We walked there and couldn't even find the new entrance (a little farther down the street), so we entered the old way going past a door that said something like "Employees and Deliveries Only". I remembered the stairs anyway. Funny stuff.

Now we're settling into the old farm thinking about how quickly it all seems to go by. Time flies no matter if you're having fun or not. The older I get the faster it seems to go by. No complaints - Just an observation. Some time within about 3 weeks we'll get the winter cover off the cement pond and lounge around the pool - Or at least I will. Nice to be back at my old desk, drinking coffee, and watching the thoughts come and go. They've been doing that for decades. They continue...

Hey there :)

Your story reminds me of another funny stuff thing…

Me: I had trouble finding the EIGHTH floor.

You: Generally, it comes after the seventh.

Makes me laugh every time.