Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 6:54 pm

The Folkslinger

Mud-Season has unofficially ended, because it's not an official season to begin with. But, around these parts (The Berkshires) we're finally getting to see some signs of Spring. As I was working on a video for our annual HD Walk-A-Thon, I rambled around what we call 'South County' which includes the town of Stockbridge. I was driving a red VW micro-bus that belongs to the church, and it was funny to see heads turning as I drove by. Geez it was 52 years ago the freaking movie came out, but it seemed to some like it was last week. Everything in South County is about 2 weeks ahead of us here on the hill as far as seasons go. Lilacs were in full bloom, flowers popping up everywhere, but here on the hill it's all just getting started.

Marti has been a little nuts planting, weeding, and getting ready for summer. It's all good but it's a lot of work. It looks fabulous. I'd post pictures but my Tapatalk app, and arlo.net forums aren't behaving nicely together, so I'll stick with text descriptions until it's sorted out.

There may be a few other places in the country where Spring is also just getting underway, but most of my friends are reporting Spring as having already sprung, and they're heading into summer. If I get any good pix I'll post 'em elsewhere and link 'em here. So far not much to see here anyway. Keep moving. And Happy Spring!

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 4:56 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Spring has sprung with waves of Summer round here

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 6:04 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Here ( in North of France) we were in Spring at the end of March but since, Winter has come back ( rain, cold). May be a little hope for next week! (that’s what they said at the TV :) )

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 10:33 am

Site Admin

Hopefully the sunny and warm we have enjoyed here the last couple days is here to stay a while!! A nice change from the cool,dark dreary rainy days of the last few weeks.The good of that though was it kept folks from gathering some.We just hit the 50% mark here for 1st vaccinnation.Looking forward to a much better summer then the last.Take care all!

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 7:06 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Not to mention cicadas! Magicicadas!

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 2:16 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Oh Em Ji

They are so cute!

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 6:05 am

The Folkslinger

I think summer has finally arrived. Not 100% sure. But it stopped freezing at night anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 5:38 pm

Arlo Fanatic

On the cool side and rainy yesterday.

I loved it.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 8:28 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I hope to see the Full Flower Moon tonight

But these Thunder Boomers...

<3

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 8:42 pm

The Folkslinger

Yeah same here too cloudy last night... Maybe tonight will be more clear... Here's hoping.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 10:23 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Sometimes I can see the moon plain as day

Other times I see it in the middle of the day

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 10:12 am

Site Admin

Hehe.Torontp had snow a couple days back.Glad it wasn.t here we just got out of a long spell of wet and gloomy that kept mud season going and going.Time for folks to bring out their summer rides and toys!.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 12:35 pm

The Folkslinger

sparkydon wrote:
Hehe.Torontp had snow a couple days back.Glad it wasn.t here we just got out of a long spell of wet and gloomy that kept mud season going and going.Time for folks to bring out their summer rides and toys!.

Yeah! Looks like the Spring version of Indian Summer had finally begun to move on east. Probably in SE Canada now, but moving out into the Atlantic. Any day now it'll be more like Summer and hopefully stay that way for a while. I got the lounge chairs ready, and a case of decent white wine - Costamolino (sp?) on it's way here. Can't wait Hahahaha.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:49 pm

ArloNetizen

we still had a few blasts of 50° weather and rain storms but I think it's finally shaping up. our seasons run behind each other. we have everything here in Southern California you still have to go to the mountains to get snow but we have just about everything here. I still love to walk on the grass in the Parks. and feel the Sunshine. watch the flowers grow after the rains. springtime is beautiful.
carol