Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:41 pm

The Folkslinger

Last week we released a new version of the old Stephen Foster song "Hard Time Come Again No More." This week (actually earlier today) we released a short 8 minute piece on my history with the Guthrie Center - The Old Trinity Church. It's basically a pitch to raise funds for the work we do at the old church, as our usual means of sustainability has been shut down due to the pandemic. The benefit can be seen for free almost anywhere in the world, with the addition that upon a donation there's about a half hour of songs created especially for this event.

I've had trouble accessing it myself, and we've heard from others who likewise are finding it difficult to see. But, for the vast majority of people, seeing it and following through with a donation has been successful world-wide.

if anyone reading this is further interested you can go to The Guthrie Center web page and see it there - www.guthriecenter.org

Enjoy!
adg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:25 pm

The Folkslinger

Dave got the calendar / schedule back online after I broke it. It must have been the pickles. Now I can get back to work.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:02 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Reminders of safety and comfort

beautiful pickles inside beautiful jars, sensibly!

<3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:49 am

The Folkslinger

It’s been a yummy summer despite the obvious problems!

The Fundraiser is now officially ended, and we raised over $60,000 which is well on our way toward a goal we'd set for ourselves of $100,000. We'll do another online blitz as Thanksgiving gets closer. That's when we get the most people looking in to see what we're doing. The Guthrie Center web page is being updated to reflect our thanks to everyone who was able to make a donation.