Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:00 am

The Folkslinger

Then sometime in the 1980s we did a major renovation adding to the back of the old hunting lodge to give us rooms for the kids and a kitchen. The old kitchen was like the galley on a small ship only big enough for a couple of people.

This was the house the way the kids remember it - The way they grew up. The old house was still there, but the addition was built right around and over it.

The farm stayed this way for about 30 years until very recently, when the older sections began to fall down. They were finally demolished about 2 years ago as we began to rebuild over the old footprint.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:31 am

ArloNetizen

How fun to see the changes you and Jackie made to the original farm. Can’t wait to see the new farm house. Will it stay as big? Has to be so exciting. Are the kids worried about their memories of the old place being changed?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:15 am

The Folkslinger

It’ll be about the same, maybe a little longer and higher, but essentially the same footprint redesigned to accommodate a basement/garage etc. Same orientation directionally.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:20 pm

ArloNetizen

adg wrote:
It’ll be about the same, maybe a little longer and higher, but essentially the same footprint redesigned to accommodate a basement/garage etc. Same orientation directionally.

That will be very nice. I like that it sits so near the trees. It’s got to have such an organic fresh smell. Enjoy the changes. Feeling the same but refreshed is always so nice.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:06 pm

The Folkslinger

It’s out here in the hills for sure. We like it that way.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:26 pm

ArloNetizen

adg wrote:
It’s out here in the hills for sure. We like it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have always said I need my home to be near the ocean or a large body of water, or in the mountains both areas are very healing, calming and takes you back to nature. The best would be a mountain home with a large body of water near it. Best of both worlds. I have lived near the ocean, and i have lived in the mountains. They are very different. Mountain people tend to stick together and love the isolation, beach/ocean dwellers love the noise and activity. I love the ocean for the water and fragrance and I love the mountains for the community and the isolation, the quietness of it. They are different but the same. Nature, it’s a marvelous thing. Especially if your life is very busy.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:23 am

ArloNetizen

Here’s wishing you a very joyous day of your birth on the morrow 7/11. Happy Sweet Birthday Arlo. Hope you get to relax. You deserve it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:07 am

Arlo Fanatic

leenski wrote:
Here’s wishing you a very joyous day of your birth on the morrow 7/11. Happy Sweet Birthday Arlo. Hope you get to relax. You deserve it.

That is the funniest post! It looks like it was posted at 1:23am EDT 7/10/19, which would be 10:23pm PDT 7/9/10. So on the West Coast, “on the morrow” would be correctly stated, and would fall on 7/10/19 which is the correct date. But “on the morrow” from the East Coast (EDT) would not be correctly stated, and would fall on 7/11/19 which is not the correct date.
Not sure where to go with that! Hahaha…

At any rate,

Happy Birthday Arlo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm9LgDf8Ibk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:16 am

ArloNetizen

agnes wrote:
leenski wrote:

That is the funniest post! It looks like it was posted at 1:23am EDT 7/10/19, which would be 10:23pm PDT 7/9/10. So on the West Coast, “on the morrow” would be correctly stated, and would fall on 7/10/19 which is the correct date. But “on the morrow” from the East Coast (EDT) would not be correctly stated, and would fall on 7/11/19 which is not the correct date.

At any rate,

Happy Birthday Arlo!

Well, I work various days and 12 hour shifts and occasionally get the date mixed up, if I’m not looking at my watch. So I guess that’s why I put the actual date of his birth on the post. Glad I could provide a laugh or at the very least a bit of confusion for you.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:01 am

Arlo Fanatic

leenski wrote:
agnes wrote:
leenski wrote:

At any rate,

Happy Birthday Arlo!

Well, I work various days and 12 hour shifts and occasionally get the date mixed up, if I’m not looking at my watch. So I guess that’s why I put the actual date of his birth on the post. Glad I could provide a laugh or at the very least a bit of confusion for you.

One way or another Arlo’s birthday is on 7/10

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:16 am

The Folkslinger

Either way we had a nice small family cook out with cake too! Kids and grandkids. House is coming along too. Today I head out to Okemah for the festival there over the weekend. Gonna be a hot time in the old town! On the other hand there’s cold beer. Not packing much. Back to the farm next week.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:24 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:09 pm

Arlo Fanatic

https://www.facebook.com/arloguthrie/po ... 7406150195?

Is beautiful, incredible detail. I can almost see just round the other side! :) !

Thanks for sharing that.

Here tonight the sky is covered with clouds. That is okay, I know the moon is full. I saw it winding up!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:02 am

The Folkslinger

Got more yesterday when the moon was actually full but there was also more moisture in the air so much of the details got lost. Still it’s fun trying to take pix whatever the circumstances. Today I’m heading up to Maine - taking my time to get to a gig in a couple days. Bringing a camera just in case. Might be something worth posting. You never know!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:38 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Softly veiled images of the moon can be nice too! But whatever you feel like sharing.