Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:47 pm

The W!zard

It's getting to be that time of year, and I feel as if it's time to prune away all the inactive users. Basically, if you have not logged in to the forums or chat since Jan 1, 2009 - your account has been deactivated. A reminder e-mail will also be sent out to all who have had their account deactivated. If action is not taken by Jan 1, 2011 the account will be removed from the system.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:31 am

Arlo Fanatic

Prune away Dave......fruit trees must be pruned to bear fruit, roses must be pruned to make more flowers.....for many years I pruned my own brain cells, all-be-it randomly.......and now there's just one collective brain cell floating around for the entire site!!! Whoever's got it, please share now and then. For a while I thought Larry had it, but then I started actually reading his posts :lol: So much for that theory. Now that I'm lookin' at all the new and cool stuff Dave did on here. I started thinkin' he had it, but there's that republican thing going on so, maybe not. Arlo swears he's never even heard of it. My newest theory is that GalwayGirl may have smuggled it across the pond. Either that or Len has it and is at this very moment digitally duplicating it. Then again......where and how does Agnes come up with all the cool videos? Ceashel could have it stashed, but I was under the impression that brain cells don't do so well in Texas :P Same reason I know it can't be in Florida. Anyway, maybe it'll turn up.....probably in Pixley :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:43 pm

The W!zard

Dude, you think too much!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:53 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Dave wrote: "Dude, you think too much!"

Ya' think??? Some folks would claim the exact opposite!!!

That would, however, explain the smoke coming out of my ears :? ???

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:47 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Maybe Kevin's putting up a smoke screen cause he's got the brain cell...and doesn't want to give it up. Pretty sure Larry still has it, but he gives it to Linda so he won't lose it. That's the reason his posts sound like they do.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:52 pm

The W!zard

Larry can't have it - he's too busy writing love letters in crayon to Sarah Palin.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:02 am

BlunderVirgin

Yay! I saved my account! Looking forward to seeing Arlo live in 2011! And buying some recent Arlo CDs.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:36 am

BlunderVirgin

I think pruning inactive users/posters is a bad idea, and appears a mite restrictive to me. Many of us read the forums everyday, but I seldom feel I have much useful stuff to add, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. In a sense, you'd be punishing some of us for this, and inhibiting the inclusionary feel of the site. I believe part of being an Arlo/Woody fan is the celebration of inclusion, not exclusion. The lurkers aren't hurting anybody. I hope you'll reconsider.

-Jim

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:40 pm

Arlo Fanatic

JimInks wrote:
I think pruning inactive users/posters is a bad idea, and appears a mite restrictive to me. Many of us read the forums everyday, but I seldom feel I have much useful stuff to add, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. In a sense, you'd be punishing some of us for this, and inhibiting the inclusionary feel of the site. I believe part of being an Arlo/Woody fan is the celebration of inclusion, not exclusion. The lurkers aren't hurting anybody. I hope you'll reconsider.

-Jim

Hi Jim

tsk tsk tsk...

if you've been readin' these forums for so long, you CAN'T really be seriously thinking there's much useful stuff goin' on here, can you???

Just hop right into any thread with what ever's on your mind... that's what most everyone else does. That's why it's called Blunderland (okay, so it's really Arlo.Net, but it's all Arlo's fault anyway, right?)

There's also nothing stopping you from coming back aboard in the unlikely/unhappy event that your id gets trashed by the wiz. Except unless you piss off one of the moderators on a bad Sarah Palin news day... then you might find your id shipped off to a remote corner of the Alaskan wilderness...

but I would never be a part of such mischief... would i?
:roll:

blunder on!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:12 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Arnie wrote:
There's also nothing stopping you from coming back aboard in the unlikely/unhappy event that your id gets trashed by the wiz. Except unless you piss off one of the moderators on a bad Sarah Palin news day... then you might find your id shipped off to a remote corner of the Alaskan wilderness...

but I would never be a part of such mischief... would i?
:roll:

blunder on!

With the bears campaigning against her, she may not survive the winter!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB8qPYnV1D8

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:26 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I have thought about this...hehehe...

I have belonged to several forums. I've have watched them explode, implode, and just dry up and blow away. This one remains solid. Facebook seems to have dealt it a blow, but I like here better. Dave is great! Two years is a long time to remain inactive on the web. Most sites boot you after ninety days. I have a solution. All you have to do is say happy birthday to Dave. If you do that every year, you will have posted twice as much as you need to to stay on the books...hehehe...and Dave definitely deserves our gratitude.

There is a lot of history here, and Dave has done a wonderful job of keeping it in tact. If you haven't looked at the older stuff, you might want to.

Please post. Things have been kinda slow around here for a while. This board sometimes becomes a collective consciousness, and the more brains the better. You never know. Larry might give the brain cell to you.

Just remember. Dave's birthday. You're just waiting for it to come around on the calendar.

Oh, and Dave, not that I care, but I accidentally clicked on the Games link, and it doesn't work.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:37 am

Arlo Fanatic

Dave's idea is a good one, IMO. When I joined, I took the somewhat silly online name because my own name had been taken by someone who posted maybe once and never come back; I'd rather have used my name. Maybe this will open up names for people in a similar situation.

I'm guilty of coming here less, partly because of Facebook, and will try to rectify that, because this place is important to me. It's a link to my 'home' in Housatonic and to all the others (youse guys) who feel that way.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:37 pm

The W!zard

One other thing to note - you don't even have to post to remain active - all you have to do is log in. And if you check the box labeled "Keep me logged in" you don't even have to do it every time you visit. I think this fact, combined with a 2 year limit is more than reasonable.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:56 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Dave wrote:
One other thing to note - you don't even have to post to remain active - all you have to do is log in. And if you check the box labeled "Keep me logged in" you don't even have to do it every time you visit. I think this fact, combined with a 2 year limit is more than reasonable.

You should still wish Dave a happy birthday. It's just good manners.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:22 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Early happy birthday! :)