Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Arlo's Restaurant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:05 am

I'm curious...how did you get Officer Obie to portray himself in the movie, but not the real Alice or Ray? Did they not want to particpate? Forgive me if it's been asked before, but I've never heard.

Speaking of...what are Alice and Ray doing today? Do they still live up in Mass.? Obviously it's not in the bell tower anymore ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:35 am

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
My favorite part was the cast party - ending the filming. :)

adg

Let me get this striaght, it was a party,it was the 60's, and you remember it? Are you sure you were there? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:19 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
Was the cast party in the film?....Oh wait I am thinking of the wedding and reception party in the church towards the end of the film where Arlo was wearing a dress uh er I mean robe :oops:(hiding under my puter table so Arlo can't slaughter me with his axe)..... I thought so I did not see anybody wearing plastered bandages in the movie :lol:

Peace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:29 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I apologize if I offended you Arlo... sometimes my silliness just gets away from me.

Post subject: Alice and Ray
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:36 pm

BlunderVirgin

mrs.hi-c wrote:
I'm curious...how did you get Officer Obie to portray himself in the movie, but not the real Alice or Ray? Did they not want to particpate? Forgive me if it's been asked before, but I've never heard.

Speaking of...what are Alice and Ray doing today? Do they still live up in Mass.? Obviously it's not in the bell tower anymore ;)

Alice has been living in Provincetown, Mass for over 25 years. She has a studio at 69 Commercial St in the West End. If you're ever on Cape Cod, it's worth the trip to go see Alice.
I had the pleasure&honor to do a "Alice's Restaurant Massacree" Benefit for community radio station WOMR last Thanksgiving with Alice.
e-mail me and I can send some photos.

Ray passed away some years ago

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:01 pm

Thanks for the info G D Guy--it's sad to know that Ray is no longer with us :( It's good to know that Alice is still around though.

Honestly, the only person I had heard about, besides Arlo of course, was Officer Obie. Too bad, as well :(

The pictures would be cool :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:35 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Alice Brock was in the movie. She plays Suzie. Keep an eye out when they are doing construction after buying the church. Ray Brock was driving one of the motorcycles in the races.

kurt...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:33 am

Arlo Fanatic

I think I read somewhere that Alice wasn't in the movie cuz she decided she'd rather not relive her life on film so they got someone else...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:40 am

Senior ArloNetizen

You can read a lot of stuff about the movie. OK, I admit it, I cheated a little and listened to Arlo on the dvd of the movie.

James Broderick is carrying insulation. He passes a woman next to a upright sheet of plywood. That's Alice Brock in the dark turtleneck. Alice starts cutting the insulation.

Also check out the last cast credit.

kurt...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:04 am

Arlo Fanatic

Also later in the movie look for the lady in the pink shirt, in The Church, that's Alice.

Hey adg, did Ray stay in that neck of the woods? Or is he the Ray Brock that became a well known racing car driver in California and died a few years ago......from a heart attack I think.

I like the whole movie but have to say the funeral is the most touchingly beautiful part for me. I remember listening to that song when watching the movie when I was 15 and thinking about being an ageing child and how I wouldn't be young forever and how I must not waste my life! Well here I am 51 and I don't think I have wasted my life, so that's one of the good things that came out of that movie for me.

The DVD I got here in OZ only has the movie and the trailer on it where adg is sitting at the big table (looking soooo young!) and all the people gather around. Is that from the cast party adg? or just done for the trailer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:05 am

Arlo Fanatic

Also Alice is in a part in the movie where Arlo was on the phone with Officer Obie & Geoff Outlaw is with him & he says you're both nice but what's for dinner & she shakes a spoon at him & Arlo. LOL. & Also when they are singing Amazing Grace. I think someone passes her a toke...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:13 pm

Arlo Fanatic

i was at the thrift store today and saw a ukulele, so i took it up and started strumming it singing "ukulele lady"...it was pretty awful but the next thing i know there's a copy of "alice's restaurant" on the record rack. i'm not kidding...it was like magic!! i tried sounding better in hopes of having arlo magically appear, but i got a mariachi band instead...
i shouldn't complain...they were good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:21 am

Senior ArloNetizen

What?? was your mariachi band doing "ukulele lady"? God, I love trumpets on "ukulele lady"!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:54 am

Arlo Fanatic

Maybe Agnes can do a duet with Arlo at a show sometime. That'd be cool... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:46 am

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:
i was at the thrift store today and saw a ukulele, so i took it up and started strumming it singing "ukulele lady"...it was pretty awful but the next thing i know there's a copy of "alice's restaurant" on the record rack. i'm not kidding...it was like magic!! i tried sounding better in hopes of having arlo magically appear, but i got a mariachi band instead...
i shouldn't complain...they were good!

Was this like real, or a dream....it sounds SO sureal!