Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Arlo's Restaurant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:18 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
In the film scene where Arlo and Roger go travel out of state to dispose of the garbage and they make a stop to pick up Arlo's "chick" at the Stockbridge Farm ur eh I mean Stockbridge Pottery hehe. BTW does that pottery place still in exhistence or has it been converted to a nail salon?... Oh no not the metal pointed nails you use with a bling-blang hammer..I mean sculptered fingernails with a polish treatment :lol: Does anybody including the Arlo master know if the pottery place is still standing?

Peace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:10 pm

Arlo Fanatic

The pottery still exists as a pottery. It's only a short distance from the Church, on Route 41. It's one of the places on my list of "gotta do" when I'm in the area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:48 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
Wyldflower wrote:
The pottery still exists as a pottery. It's only a short distance from the Church, on Route 41. It's one of the places on my list of "gotta do" when I'm in the area.

8) That will be rad to check out the pottery place as a sightseeing adventure while I am up there for the Church Revivals :D .....Thanks Wyld N' Mild :lol:

Peace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:00 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Larry wrote:
agnes wrote:
i was at the thrift store today and saw a ukulele, so i took it up and started strumming it singing "ukulele lady"...it was pretty awful but the next thing i know there's a copy of "alice's restaurant" on the record rack. i'm not kidding...it was like magic!! i tried sounding better in hopes of having arlo magically appear, but i got a mariachi band instead...
i shouldn't complain...they were good!

Was this like real, or a dream....it sounds SO sureal!

well if you have to ask, you weren't really there. :)

oh i'm being cheeky!!

but seriously, that really happened....yesterday. :)

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:13 pm

BlunderVirgin

skankybill wrote:
no, im talking about the scene with arlo and roger jamming in arlo's room. The landlord comes in and Arlo hides his stash and what not. I want to learn how to play it but I let my friend borrow the DVD. I am also thinking tobuy lightsaber chopsticks now while re-watching it. Im asking if its an actual song that I can find somewhere or if its just a jam for the movie. Hes playing the kazoo, so theres no lyrics.

That's a great question! The song that Arlo and Roger are playing in the bedroom jam scene is a standard jazz tune called "Out of Nowhere". The original version is by Johnny Green, but there are lots of different recordings of it out there. If you're looking to learn how to play it, you can find a few instructional videos and sheet music online. Hope that helps!

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:30 am

The Folkslinger

george44 wrote:
skankybill wrote:
no, im talking about the scene with arlo and roger jamming in arlo's room. The landlord comes in and Arlo hides his stash and what not. I want to learn how to play it but I let my friend borrow the DVD. I am also thinking tobuy lightsaber chopsticks now while re-watching it. Im asking if its an actual song that I can find somewhere or if its just a jam for the movie. Hes playing the kazoo, so theres no lyrics.

That's a great question! The song that Arlo and Roger are playing in the bedroom jam scene is a standard jazz tune called "Out of Nowhere". The original version is by Johnny Green, but there are lots of different recordings of it out there. If you're looking to learn how to play it, you can find a few instructional videos and sheet music online. Hope that helps!

The instrumental is called the "Cafe Harris Rag" written (June 22-26, 1965) when I played a place in Columbia, MO (no longer there) called Cafe Harris. It has words but neither the tune or words were ever recorded (but for the instrumental in the movie). It might be credited as such on the sound track - Not sure. Just checked. It is credited on the sound track.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:08 am

Senior ArloNetizen

In the movie the College Arlo is at is suppose to be at in Montana , actually it's or was the Cranwell School in Lenox. The Large Irish Wolfhound in the scene belonged to the Headmaster of the school. I was up there a year ago with my Grandson and it's turned into some sort of high end spa. Nice the main hall is still there but they have wrecked the place.

Last edited by G1.. on Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:50 am

The Folkslinger

G1.. wrote:
In the movie the College Arlo is at is suppose to be at in Colorado , actually it's or was the Cranwell School in Lenox. The Large Irish Wolfhound in the scene belonged to the Headmaster of the school. I was up there a year ago with my Grandson and it's turned into some sort of high end spa. Nice the main hall is still there but they have wrecked the place.

Yup. It's not the same place anymore. They built condos and altho it's a nice area, we don't got there anymore.