Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Arlo's Restaurant

Post subject: The House
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:16 am

BlunderVirgin

Hi all,

I heard an Arlo track, on Pandora, the other day that I had never heard before. It was from a live performance and titled, “The House.” Arlo was talking about when he bought his house in Massachusetts’s and how there was no water when he moved in. It was obviously a lead in to a song but, being Pandora, when the track ended they played a song by another band.

Does anyone know what album this track came from or what the song was that he was leading in to? A google search for Arlo and “the house” only comes up with articles about him selling his home in Florida.

Any help would be appreciated.

- Bill

Post subject: Re: The House
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:05 pm

The Folkslinger

BLeeOBS wrote:
Hi all,

I heard an Arlo track, on Pandora, the other day that I had never heard before. It was from a live performance and titled, “The House.” Arlo was talking about when he bought his house in Massachusetts’s and how there was no water when he moved in. It was obviously a lead in to a song but, being Pandora, when the track ended they played a song by another band.

Does anyone know what album this track came from or what the song was that he was leading in to? A google search for Arlo and “the house” only comes up with articles about him selling his home in Florida.

Any help would be appreciated.

- Bill

There's not much to go on from the description. There was an introduction to my song, "Gabriel's Mother's Highway Ballad #16 Blues" that talked about the old house, but it was never released on record (that I know of). It was only done at live shows. Maybe someone recorded one of those nights. However... I did that introduction to the song on a live recording with Pete Seeger - "More Together Again In Concert volume 2" which was released back in the day before digital. Many of those songs had to be separated from the introductions and renamed. That is probably my best guess as to what you heard on Pandora.

Post subject: Re: The House
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:50 pm

BlunderVirgin

Wow! I never expected a response from the man himself. Thank you, so much, for the info!