Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Arlo's Restaurant

Post subject: David Grover
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:26 am

Arlo Fanatic

Arlo, I just read about David Grover. I am so sorry to hear this news. (Without going into too much detail about how I can see some Face books sometimes, some not much or not at all, I read on your Rising Son Records Face book your post about him.) A very nice tribute. I had no idea so many things about him but I do remember him from Shenandoah and though only “knowing” him from a distance, he did seem like a kind person. Anyway, I really just wanted to send love out to everyone.

Somewhere I was reading that there was a muppet made in his image so I wanted to post this in his honor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTaT7KnkMqU

<3 <3 <3

Post subject: Re: David Grover
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:49 am

Arlo Fanatic

(Found it)

Here is the article where I read about the muppet. Really nice article

https://www.berkshireeagle.com/news/sou ... 6926f.html

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:15 pm

BlunderVirgin

Arlo,
Haven’t been on this site in many years. Not for the lack of adoration for your music but life circumstances have a way of leading people in different directions. Just saw the news of Dave & Jackie. You’re tribute was so heartfelt. Even though you’ve had back to back loss this year, I pray your good news with Marti will bring a new beginning while healing through the process.

Like the turkey on Thanksgiving Day your album Alice’s Restaurant was and still is a staple in my family and now my children’s family. As it probably is in many families. The difference is I was 15 when I started that tradition and I’m now 70.

So, Happy 50th Anniversary! And may you and your family have a blessed Thanksgiving Day!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:23 am

The Folkslinger

psofia wrote:
Arlo,
Haven’t been on this site in many years. Not for the lack of adoration for your music but life circumstances have a way of leading people in different directions. Just saw the news of Dave & Jackie. You’re tribute was so heartfelt. Even though you’ve had back to back loss this year, I pray your good news with Marti will bring a new beginning while healing through the process.

Like the turkey on Thanksgiving Day your album Alice’s Restaurant was and still is a staple in my family and now my children’s family. As it probably is in many families. The difference is I was 15 when I started that tradition and I’m now 70.

So, Happy 50th Anniversary! And may you and your family have a blessed Thanksgiving Day!

Nice to see the return and thank you for your thoughts. Have a fabulous Thanksgiving too! :)