PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:14 am

Arlo Fanatic

i just don't understand humans?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC3Abs8u8AA

shattered dreams

Post subject: Re: politics
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:24 pm

Arlo Fanatic

well, the most recent thing i have been hearing on the radio (i think it was yesterday) has been about the republicans wanting to defund planned parenthood, and also wanting to repeal "obamacare" and all the "moral" reasons behind doing that. (what a surprise). sounds like a lot of noise and mind games.
i think "obamacare" (and wasn't that something of a republican construct?) may be be a step in the right direction, but it is not enough and needs to mindfully keep improving.

maybe we should all pray that it all magically gets better, in spite of all these clowns who speak in reassuring tones. and i think saying "clowns" is being kind and generous.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:18 am

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:
well, the most recent thing i have been hearing on the radio (i think it was yesterday) has been about the republicans wanting to defund planned parenthood, and also wanting to repeal "obamacare" and all the "moral" reasons behind doing that. (what a surprise). sounds like a lot of noise and mind games.
i think "obamacare" (and wasn't that something of a republican construct?) may be be a step in the right direction, but it is not enough and needs to mindfully keep improving.

maybe we should all pray that it all magically gets better, in spite of all these clowns who speak in reassuring tones. and i think saying "clowns" is being kind and generous.

Like last night. I went to a local brewpub for a sandwich and was talking to my neighbors. Of course, it is assumed, that as a white man in this part of the world in my 50's...well it is assumed I am a right wing republican. So naturally Brent (the guy next to me) starts talking about Obama crying as he tries to take our guns away. I did not start it but...I naturally say I think Trump is an asshole, Cruz is a crazy christian, Hillary has sold her soul to the banks and I can't say anything bad about Bernie (after all he is for legalizing pot). I even go further telling him I am an atheist whose favorite deity is Ganeesh (got to love a dancing partying elephant-man). I go on to say people who believe are just way to filled with hatred and violence for me, I just don't get all that superstitious bullshit about god and stuff (got some interesting looks on that comment). I didn't even stop there I went on to say I wish that rapture thing would come and take all the believers off the planet, it might make the world a better place. As they moved away I said, "well you brought it up!

Well it isolated me for sure but I don't think I will have to here about Obama crying in that pub anymore!

I ain't going anywhere, I just don't fit in

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:35 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

heraclitis wrote:
agnes wrote:

Like last night. I went to a local brewpub for a sandwich and was talking to my neighbors. Of course, it is assumed, that as a white man in this part of the world in my 50's...well it is assumed I am a right wing republican. So naturally Brent (the guy next to me) starts talking about Obama crying as he tries to take our guns away. I did not start it but...I naturally say I think Trump is an asshole, Cruz is a crazy christian, Hillary has sold her soul to the banks and I can't say anything bad about Bernie (after all he is for legalizing pot). I even go further telling him I am an atheist whose favorite deity is Ganeesh (got to love a dancing partying elephant-man). I go on to say people who believe are just way to filled with hatred and violence for me, I just don't get all that superstitious bullshit about god and stuff (got some interesting looks on that comment). I didn't even stop there I went on to say I wish that rapture thing would come and take all the believers off the planet, it might make the world a better place. As they moved away I said, "well you brought it up!

Well it isolated me for sure but I don't think I will have to here about Obama crying in that pub anymore!

Free thinkers never much fit in but without them we'd still be up in the trees looking down on a flat earth. Your words seem to have fitted just about right. Happy new years!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:37 pm

Arlo Fanatic

heraclitis wrote:
agnes wrote:

they-didn't-see-that-one-coming illustrated ?

i am glad you are here, heraclitis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

goldfish bowls....?

https://youtu.be/TDfKRDYE3w0

and this to rewire

https://youtu.be/l1NrSvY2lz4

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:30 pm

Arlo Fanatic

woodstock69 wrote:

just want to say: i am so sure the jews brought the holocaust upon themselves. and to look at it and feel outraged, is nothing but a "victim complex"

i am so sure, that police officer in philly, was just like all bad vibes and such, and so that other guy shot him in the name of allah.

no human engineering involved there
okay right

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:37 pm

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:
heraclitis wrote:
agnes wrote:

and i wonder since when did you let "not fitting in" stop you?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:00 pm

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:
agnes wrote:
heraclitis wrote:

and i wonder since when did you let "not fitting in" stop you?

apparently, i don't necessarily "fit in" either?

i mean, look around

(of course, i don't really think it is quite that simple)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:05 pm

Arlo Fanatic

heraclitis wrote:
agnes wrote:

italics in bold is mine

re: trump
okay, if i were to itemize the reasons why i am not on board with him, i would have to dedicate at least, all day.

it seems difficult to even take him seriously, and yet he has a following? exploitation much? (and that is the sad thing) and it all seems to have gone to his head ?

i dunno

it almost seems like an april fools' joke?

it makes no sense to me

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:06 pm

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:
heraclitis wrote:
agnes wrote:

italics in bold is mine

re: trump
okay, if i were to itemize the reasons why i am not on board with him, i would have to dedicate at least, all day.

it seems difficult to even take him seriously, and yet he has a following? exploitation much? (and that is the sad thing) and it all seems to have gone to his head ?

i dunno

it almost seems like an april fools' joke?

it makes no sense to me

is this really who we would want to follow and want to vote for as a leader?

edited to say: i am sorry for any hyperbole (?) but the documentary is worth seeing

http://whowhatwhy.org/2016/02/27/watch- ... ump-trump/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr1Oo03Nppk

Last edited by agnes on Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:20 pm

Arlo Fanatic

not to mention this non answer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbaMFWKpwqk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:29 pm

Arlo Fanatic

heraclitis wrote:
...and I can't say anything bad about Bernie (after all he is for legalizing pot)...

i took this lightly before, but, is it all about legalizing pot? is that what you are saying? that's it? no way, i don't believe you.
that would be missing the big picture much?

no

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 6:06 pm

Arlo Fanatic

i came across these and thought i would put them here (on the politics thread)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7tWHJfhiyo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y3jE3B8HsE (aside: i love the squirrel with the thought bubbles)

this one too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUS9mM8Xbbw

the "killed by indians" part bugs me a bit because indians were also killed…in a big way.
so there's that

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:49 pm

Arlo Fanatic

once again, ambiguity to the rescue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvjGoXewcSU

f'n hell