Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: "Loose Change" video
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:40 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Nov 11, 2004
Posts: 2010
Location: Left-of-center
I'm not sure I know what to think of this. It's either bullshit, a horrible revelation or a combination of the two. A friend of mine sent me a couple of links for a video called "Loose Change". It implicates the government, specifically the Bush administration, to the 9/11 attacks.Personally, I have a lot of reservations about what they cite as "proof" of the Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld Trio of Evil's hands in the attacks, but if any of their accusations are true it's mind blowing, horrendous and unfathomable.

The documentary is about an hour and a half long. A bit long to sit in front of a computer monitor but if you remember approximately where you left off you can move the little cursor thingy to where you last were and pick up in about the same place. I haven't gotten through the whole thing myself yet.

The guys that produced it are selling it online but are also encouraging people to burn copies and distribute them as they see fit. Sounds like they're not in it for the money and that they believe in what they're doing but, who knows?

Like I said, I have some heavy duty reservations about the "facts" in it, but given that we have an administration that lied about going into Iraq, has pretty much ignored the Geneva Convention (via unlawful seizures, arrests, no due process, etc.), has condoned, promoted and used torture, illegally wire tapped US citizens, been responsible for the deaths of over 2600 of our troops and over 45,000 Iraqi civilians (so far), uses fear and religion as political tools, brands anyone who voices an opposite opinion traitors, etc., etc., then I wouldn't put anything past the bastards. Judge for yourself.

Oh, and this was on tonight's news: Bush announced that US troops are not leaving Iraq while he's still in the White House.

The video:
http://www.seeloosechange.com

The website:
http://loosechange911.com


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:59 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Nov 11, 2004
Posts: 2010
Location: Left-of-center
It appears the first links didn't work for some folks I emailed them to.
Try this, please: http://www.truth.provostdesigns.com/

It's a Dubya plot, I tell ya!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:53 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Nov 11, 2004
Posts: 2010
Location: Left-of-center
This is weird. The link for the Loose Change website keeps changing. Hmmm! It's true, I tell you! I'm not going mad, I say! It is a government plot!

Try this one....for now!

http://www.laughingpond.com/clients/e15/default.asp[/i]

or this:

http://www.loosechange911.com/[/u]


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:57 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Dec 23, 2005
Posts: 1013
Location: here and there
I had someone tell me that the planes were remotely controlled by our government and the people on the planes were all alive and in hiding...

Like lots of other people in the world, I knew someone on one of those planes and I'm sure he's not alive.

So here's my question.

Is it really so important who did the bombing, or is it more important to find ways to create peace? I don't mean we should bury our heads in the sand and ignore what we know to be true about ourselves or in other places around the world. We can't just go skipping merrily down the lane throwing flowers around either. At the same time, I've never found shouting and pointing fingers very effective. Generally, when that's done people just put up their walls and close down communication.

I certainly don't have any answers, just questions.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:00 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Nov 11, 2004
Posts: 2010
Location: Left-of-center
I don't think that this is shouting so much as it is pointing a lot of "things don't add up" fingers. My thought is that a lot of the stuff presented is splitting hairs to the point that it gets irrational. While some good points are made, there are also many conspiracy theorist paranoia conclusions being made.

Do I think there will ever be "world peace"? Well, history tells us no. It's something that we all have to try to maintain or get back to when somebody (or somebodies) lose the way to it.

Is it really important to find out who did something like the bombing? I think so. But it's also important to find out why they did or do it as well. That just might help to avoid circumstances leading to acts of terror, death and destruction in the first place. And sometimes it can lead to finding out that the root cause is not so much those who commit them but just might be those who push them to commit them in the first place. I'm sure that our idiot president didn't weigh those consequences when he decided to invade Iraq. What was the reason now? Weapons of mass destruction...oh, no...that was changed to collaborating with terrorists when they didn't find any...oh, wait! That was changed to bringing freedom and democracy to the Iraqi people when there was no link to the terrorists found. Now just why did Bush invade Iraq (I didn't say we because it wasn't my idea)? Can anybody tell me?


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:44 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Nov 11, 2004
Posts: 2010
Location: Left-of-center
Another thing about finger pointing, too, is that it's got a pretty big foot hold in folk music and in protest music in particular. And a lot of protest/folk singers exaggerated and/or invented "facts" about some stuff in their music. (I'm sort of thinkin' that Pretty Boy Floyd weren't exactly an angel of mercy, Robin Hood fighter for social injustice. Hell, he robbed banks!) But if it weren't for that sort of finger pointing (folk singin' pointy fingers, that is) this here web site and all of its related interests probably wouldn't be here. No Cindy Sheehans, no Woodys, Arlos, Joans, Judys, Petes, Country Joes, Buffys, Kris's, Indigo Girls, Pinks and such singin' about stuff to be concerned about. No marches, demonstrations, rallies, protests, etc. (well, things have gotten pretty sparse there lately).

But even with all of that, we still have "funny men" (and women) robbing us with fountain pens, coal trains haulin' away mountains, wars, poverty, injustice, government cover ups, etc., etc., ad nauseam. There ain't no gettin' to no top of the mountain, no mission accomplished, no gettin' the job done and they lived happily ever after here. Given the Yin & the Yang, good & bad, positive & negative, "there is a season, turn, turn, turn" of the world, it's an ongoing struggle, job, duty, mission, avocation or whatever you want to call it. It ain't a gonna end! Does that mean that you give up and let it all happen? Nope! It's dirty work but some body's gotta do it! Point on, sing on, right on!

"Know that something's going on around here
That surely won't stand the light of day."

David Crosby...."Long Time Gone"


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:18 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Dec 23, 2005
Posts: 1013
Location: here and there
Thanks Captian Zap, I apologize for not being clear, and I'm probably not being clear now. I was talking about places like loose change that make stuff up to make their point. I believe there are people who do that to either extreme, and I mean people who support the butt heads we have in office and those that don't. To me that's jumping up and down and shouting. I'm not so sure we'll ever have peace either. Thanks for your time and have a nice day.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group