Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
Offline
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:50 pm
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Oct 06, 1999
Posts: 999
Location: massachusetts
lol, Cheryl...
thanks for your good and generous sense of humor...


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:05 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Nov 11, 2004
Posts: 2010
Location: Left-of-center
Cheryl Harrell wrote:
I was telling my mom the other day, the liberals preach about love & peace & how they don't like hatred & yet they have so much hatred in their hearts towards Bush. How can anyone have such hate in their hearts & profess to be for love & peace? Yeah, you can dislike folks & not agree with them I can understand but to have such hatred in ones heart I can't understand it. My mom agreed with me which is unusual lol even tho she's a conservative too.


Cheryl, I don't think it's so much hate as it is that folks were just sick and tired of everything he's done to screw things up. He's made a lot of peoples' lives miserable (made a lot lose their lives for no good reason, too, through action or inaction) and messed up a lot of things, not only in the USA but, almost everywhere on Earth. The environment, the economy, how the rest of the world views America and Americans, civil rights and liberties just to name a few.

I think it's more like having a jerk for a neighbor who does a lot of nasty things to you and gets away with it. If that neighbor packs up and moves, it would make you pretty glad to see him go. You're still left to fix up any messes he left behind but, damn! It's good to see the SOB get out of town!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:12 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Nov 29, 2000
Posts: 1798
Location: El Mirage, AZ
Great analogy, Zap. I think Cheryl will be able to relate to that one, as can many more of us.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:15 pm
  

Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Jan 29, 2002
Posts: 770
Location: Hewitt, NJ USA
nortonkevin wrote:
to me Bush has become irrelevant and not worthy of my attention any longer. Screw 'im!


Oh that is such a dangerous attitude...Bush is still out there! He is in the form of everyone who believes in what he did. We MUST be very attentive to him and them. If we don't learn from history we are doomed to repeat it.

...And try telling the parents and spouses of those 4,000 military that he murdered that he is "irrelevant".


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:42 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 8359
i don't consider myself to be one of the world's geniuses by any stretch

but even i found myself wanting to shout...don't touch ANYTHING!

that is all


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:02 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jan 09, 2003
Posts: 2493
Images: 5
Location: Rhododendron, Oregon United States
RegFaith wrote:
nortonkevin wrote:
to me Bush has become irrelevant and not worthy of my attention any longer. Screw 'im!


Oh that is such a dangerous attitude...Bush is still out there! He is in the form of everyone who believes in what he did. We MUST be very attentive to him and them. If we don't learn from history we are doomed to repeat it.

...And try telling the parents and spouses of those 4,000 military that he murdered that he is "irrelevant".


Reg is right.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:43 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 06, 2008
Posts: 2531
Images: 2
Location: Crawfordville, Florida
RegFaith wrote:"...Bush is still out there! He is in the form of everyone who believes in what he did. We MUST be very attentive to him and them."

Yes, Bush: "the man" is still out there, and there are still some nut-cases out there who believe in what he did. But an overwhelming majority of Americans rejected the man and his insanely dangerous dogmas last November in favor of Hope and Change, the tides of which have washed him overboard into the ocean of disgrace.

RegFaith continued,". If we don't learn from history we are doomed to repeat it."

I'll never forget or forgive his mistakes, misdeeds, or his unconscionable actions and behaviors, and there is much for us to learn from his 8 years as president. Will Rogers said, "Good judgement comes from experience, a lot of which comes from bad judgement".

RegFaith also wrote:"...And try telling the parents and spouses of those 4,000 military that he murdered that he is "irrelevent"."

The fact that Bush is responsible for the deaths of so many IS EXTREMELY relevent, but focusing too much on "Bush: the man" won't bring them back alive. I think 4000 is a low number because it doesn't take into account the multitudes of Iraqis and Afgans who were killed. I believe we should be pouring the strength of our hearts, minds and backs into the positive Hopes and Changes that we have declared and embraced as our shared destiny. Will Rogers also said, "If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging". I think he also said something like, "Never kick a cow chip on a hot day".!!!
Peace RegFaith.......I think I understand where you are coming from, and I am there too. I guess sometimes I don't express myself clearly enough......But I still say screw 'im and let's move on past this toward the light!!!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:58 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 13, 2000
Posts: 8521
Location: Pixley-- Actually An Hr South of Richmond, VA
Yep, they are a whole bunch of Starsky & Hutch lists on Yahoo groups. I run one of them myself which is interesting. Amazing the interest still in them...


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:46 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 18, 2004
Posts: 2251
nortonkevin wrote:

The fact that Bush is responsible for the deaths of so many IS EXTREMELY relevent, but focusing too much on "Bush: the man" won't bring them back alive. I think 4000 is a low number because it doesn't take into account the multitudes of Iraqis and Afgans who were killed.


My problem with statements of this nature is that Bush had the support of at least 50% of the Americans when he walked into that mess! I don't hate the man, I hate the things that made the society, values and morality that he represents!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:55 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Nov 11, 2004
Posts: 2010
Location: Left-of-center
The following Wikipedia synopsis of a Star Trek: The Next Generation episode, "The Drumhead", may have some relevance here.

"Picard speaks of the ever-present, but subtle, danger of those who would spread fear and suspicion in the name of righteousness (Bush et al*) and (paraphrasing Thomas Jefferson) of the need for vigilance against mindless paranoia and fear-mongering (Bush et al, again*)."

* my added comments


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:17 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 06, 2008
Posts: 2531
Images: 2
Location: Crawfordville, Florida
PSBeaty wrote: "My problem with statements of this nature is that Bush had the support of at least 50% of the Americans when he walked into that mess!"

"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and those are the ones you need to concentrate on". (Who said that?)


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:11 am
  

Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Jan 29, 2002
Posts: 770
Location: Hewitt, NJ USA
nortonkevin wrote:
But an overwhelming majority of Americans rejected the man and his insanely dangerous

Peace RegFaith.......I think I understand where you are coming from, and I am there too.



NK - Im not hostile towards you - I guess I don't express myself too well either when Im reved up - you're just hearing my feelings about W show thru - I mean no malice to anyone here - certainly not you.

With that said - I just want to say - It was not an overwhelming majority who rejected this man...I think it was over 45% of Americans voted for the McCann/Bush doctorine in Nov. If you lived where I live - (I would not only feel sorry for you LOL) you would be witness to how a whole communtiy is in mourning (and indeed in fear) over the Obama election. I think that's what makes me think about 45% of the people should still be recognized as a threat to our world as it could/should be.

BUT with that being said - Your words were never Truer - SCREW BUSH and go on....


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:53 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 12, 2000
Posts: 6517
Location: New Jersey
Finally, a job he may be qualified for:

http://gmy.news.yahoo.com/v/12164774


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:42 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 18, 2004
Posts: 2251
nortonkevin wrote:
PSBeaty wrote: "My problem with statements of this nature is that Bush had the support of at least 50% of the Americans when he walked into that mess!"

"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and those are the ones you need to concentrate on". (Who said that?)


por que?


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:14 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 06, 2008
Posts: 2531
Images: 2
Location: Crawfordville, Florida
por nada.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group