Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:45 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 12, 2000
Posts: 6517
Location: New Jersey
Hmmmmm? I suppose any religion can be dangerous when you waltz on over into dumbassism. :D

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25803777/?GT1=43001


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:49 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 18, 2004
Posts: 2251
leoburg wrote:
Oh Psb, You like the Indigo Girls too. One of my favorite lines of all time is, "Its only life after all. Ya."
In the meantime I have found solace in a bottle with lots of people I call my friend.


Wait, they are lesbians! Are they acceptable? Do we accept them around here? Who has the list? Larry you have the list? You have been hording the damn brain cell so you must have the list. Are Lesbians alright? Can we tolerate those people?


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:54 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 12, 2000
Posts: 6517
Location: New Jersey
Speaking strickly as a lesbian trapped in a mans body......I think so? :? :D


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:54 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1778
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
Are they :?: What a waste. :idea: Are you sure you don't have them mistaken for Melisa :?: :roll:


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:57 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Aug 25, 1999
Posts: 1883
Location: Wantagh, NY
wait a minute...
you're asking Larry... Front half of Larnie... a pink tu-tu wearin' hockey player with unresolved issues of dumbassism, if we're too moral to accept lesbians???


hell, it's a wonder they accept US!

(or was I supposed to say, "bring 'em on!" ??)


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:07 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: May 25, 2001
Posts: 3074
Location: Colorado Rocky Mountain High
leoburg wrote:
Are they :?: What a waste. :idea: Are you sure you don't have them mistaken for Melisa :?: :roll:


A waste? to whom? dominant males?
I think they are a blessing to each other and to all of us through their music!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:16 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 18, 2004
Posts: 2251
Leo, you are priceless!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:23 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1778
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
[color=yellow]Don't any of us have real jobs :?: If I got paid for the job I have, none of us would have jobs.[/color]


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:30 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Nov 11, 2004
Posts: 2010
Location: Left-of-center
What's this thread about, anyway? I forgot.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:53 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 2001
Posts: 3682
Location: Dallas, Texas
Arnie wrote:
ahhh, but does it come with the requisite amount of guilt???
When I was about 8 years, old, there was a horrible row--my Southern Baptist grandmother was furious with my mother for condemning me to hell by letting me wear slacks and chew gum. Seriously. But that woman could COOK. And all the veggies came from her garden; lots of butter on 'em, too. YUMMMM... But yeah, when I started reading about Jewish moms and guilt, I thought, what's the big deal? My mom has 'em beat by a mile! Southern Baptists make you feel guilty for breathing, just about.

I got the best of two worlds--though raised Southern Baptist in Fort Worth, our part of town was mostly Jewish--three of 20 or 25 in my second-grade class were Christian. I got to eat all the great food at my friends' houses, and trade lunches at school. They actually WANTED my white bread and bologna or ham, especially during Passover; I got the best of those deals! If I thought it existed, I'd worry that we're all headed for hell for trading lunches AND chewing gum.

Thanks, I'll take my latkes extra-crisp and with sour cream. And made by a Jewish lesbian grandmother from Pecos, Texas.

:wink:


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:03 pm
  

Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Nov 21, 2006
Posts: 179
Location: South Jersey
Please correct me if I'm wrong but as you sort of said, Arnie, it would seem to me that for a lot of jews being Jewish is more of a heritage than a religion. Religion being one's relationship with God and heritage being a relationship with people.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:20 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 18, 2004
Posts: 2251
Ceashel wrote:

Thanks, I'll take my latkes extra-crisp and with sour cream. And made by a Jewish lesbian grandmother from Pecos, Texas.

:wink:


Adding the apple sauce is good. I like it with apple sauce and sour cream and I tend to eat the edges before the middle (I will skip the middle sometimes if plenty of edges are around!)


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:27 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1778
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
Now on a more serious note about Israel is a post from a lady who has been to Israel 5 times since 2005.

http://www.wearewideawake.org/index.php ... Itemid=200

It is today appartaid, with all its walls cutting Families off from city stuff.


Last edited by leoburg on Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:34 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Dec 23, 2005
Posts: 1013
Location: here and there
PSBeaty wrote:
Leo, breath deep, it will all be alright!!!! Just say over and over It is only a lifetime. Itis only a lifetime.. It is only a lifetime... It is only a lifetime (close your eyes and relax) It is only a lifetime.. It is only a lifetime..


Wait a minute here, I thought you said you're an atheist! Is this one of those conditional things?


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:37 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 18, 2004
Posts: 2251
cheryl wrote:
PSBeaty wrote:
Leo, breath deep, it will all be alright!!!! Just say over and over It is only a lifetime. Itis only a lifetime.. It is only a lifetime... It is only a lifetime (close your eyes and relax) It is only a lifetime.. It is only a lifetime..


Wait a minute here, I thought you said you're an atheist! Is this one of those conditional things?

Are you messin' with me? I think your messin' with me!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group