Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:17 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Nov 29, 2000
Posts: 1798
Location: El Mirage, AZ
I love Google, too. But I've had very little time lately to do any research other than for school. By the time I get home, I'm ready to go to bed! And it's only 3:30 LOL. I'm usually in my classroom by 7:30 AM and have been staying late. Some days I have to be at UNM by 3:45 and don't get home until after 7. So research lately has been extremely limited.

I'm so glad to have the "easy" resources here! Thanks.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:45 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jun 09, 2004
Posts: 1931
Location: Brisbane OZ
We still all vote with paper and pencil here in OZ and of course I do my U.S. votes by absentee ballot so they send me the paper, but I have to use a pen for that one. That's one piece of paperwork I don't mind doing! I like to hold it in my hand and kiss it goodbye and goodluck!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:42 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 12, 2000
Posts: 6517
Location: New Jersey
Mitt Romney suspended his campaign. Down to Mcain and Huckabee as the long shot now on that side.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:23 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Nov 29, 2000
Posts: 1798
Location: El Mirage, AZ
McCain vs. Hillary? OMG!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:30 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 12, 2000
Posts: 6517
Location: New Jersey
Yeah, a little like McCain vs. McCain lite, or Hillary vs. Hillary heavy.....huh?
Barack is still in the race big time!~


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:03 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 13, 2000
Posts: 8521
Location: Pixley-- Actually An Hr South of Richmond, VA
Ya'll will be pleased that Romney is out. I am too...


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:59 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Nov 11, 2004
Posts: 2010
Location: Left-of-center
All seriousness aside, there are at least two politicians (one a former President , the other a former VP) who have said that they've accomplishished more as private citizens than in their former elected offices. They would be Jimmy Carter and Al Gore. Maybe we should elect politicians to not serve! Think of all that Dubya could have done (or, in his case, not screwed up) by now!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:21 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 13, 2000
Posts: 8521
Location: Pixley-- Actually An Hr South of Richmond, VA
Last nite early this am when we got home from the Arlo show, I found aeorge W. Bush. I message on our answering machine. It said We are taking a survey on George W. Bush. If you are home could you please tell us your opinion of George W. Bush. LOL. Too bad we weren't home. He would've gotten a good a opinion. LOL...


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:14 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Nov 11, 2004
Posts: 2010
Location: Left-of-center
Yep! He's doin' a hell of a job! Literally!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:52 am
  

Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Feb 04, 2008
Posts: 168
Location: Paragould
I don't trust McCain, he's scary.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:44 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 18, 2004
Posts: 2251
I think they can all be a bit scary!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:51 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Nov 11, 2004
Posts: 2010
Location: Left-of-center
"I wanna grow up to be a politician
And take over this beautiful land!"


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:03 pm
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Oct 06, 1999
Posts: 999
Location: massachusetts
Cheryl...the Lord moves in mysterious ways.... :wink:


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:07 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1778
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
Hey was Virgina blue or red last election. I heard it was turning to the left.
And from the primary, the Dems or taking it 2 to 1 over the repubnic.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:00 pm
  

User avatar
ArloNetizen

Joined: Nov 09, 2007
Posts: 77
Location: Virginia
Virginia's been pretty red but some of us 'blues' are starting to mix up the colors a bit and making it more purple.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group