Forums » Group W Forums » Controverial Topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 8:55 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nathen:

Zowie, your figures are wonderful, but like so many other figures they are wrong....
sorry but there was a problem with the counts and many of us got relisted and our counts are way off.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, I suspected something like that. Even to an artsy type like me, the numbers didn't seem to have a whole lot of validity, as shown by non-random occurrences of dates, and so on. Most BBS systems do things like this.

Lies, damnable lies, and statistics! Yup!!!!! Image

Still a fun exercise on my first day back from the lake.

-Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 8:58 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Yes deb, it's known as the "celery time family bitch coven mind control brain cell sharing phenomenon". It's in all the combination metaphysical/physics/science fiction/psychiatry/comicbook journals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 8:58 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mongo71:

and if you find me long winded and egotistical then don't read what i have written but don't judge me you don't know me.

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by mongo71 on Oct 18, 2001 ---</FONT></center><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I usually read everything on the boards...I'm not proud!

I don't have to judge you as a person to judge your posts...and they have been long-winded and egotistical lately. Prior to that I found many of them just plain silly i.e., the fruit fight which you are well aware of. I will also admit that I found your posts in Topical to be informative and intelligent. But when you start playing holier than thou I have a problem.

While Nathen is correct about Zowie's numbers not being accurate for all of us I find it interesting that in your short-time here you have outnumbered all of us in your posts per day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 9:03 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Larry:

Yes deb, it's known as the "celery time family bitch coven mind control brain cell sharing phenomenon". It's in all the combination metaphysical/physics/science fiction/psychiatry/comicbook journals.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

wow..thanks, larry. it's nice to know it's an actual phenomenon and studied and everything..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 9:09 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by todd:

yeah, nate, i've been recounted so many times it'd make your head spin..

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

geez, todd...that's because you've left and come back enough to make everyone's head spin. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 11:44 pm

arnie it speaks in volumes to the argument at hand if the moderator and wizard do not percieve a problem then what is the issue at hand. i was in no way infering that you should sit here and heard cats.nor was i saying that you are not doing your job.

fitzy if you think i am being holyer than thou. you should keep reading i am asking people not to do that and to address the real issues.
if there has been a problem before there will be again unless you attemp to solve the problem.

if you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got.

if it bothers you make a suggestion on how to change it. if your voices are left to echo than move on.

and larry if you would like a have to write a paper on phenomenon's of the brain. for one of my psych classes. i might be able to do it on your coven mind control theory. we'll talk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 11:57 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Arnie, I think you are doing an excellent job, as I might add are all the wizards, I also agree that my posts were rude, crude, strange and child like, but as I/We were on a topic well noted for being just those things and in an area of the boards known for being controversial, I did not see the harm in it. As far as speaking that why in the chat room, I would not as it is a public area and one never knows who might wander in.

As far as avoiding such conversations in the future, I can do that, yes, I could make myself a note to be more careful in my choice of words, as Humpty Dumpty once said " words only mean what I want them to mean, nothing more nothing less". Isn't it wonderful the amount of wisdom that can found in children's stories?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 1:06 am

Arlo Fanatic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Larry:

Yes deb, it's known as the "celery time family bitch coven mind control brain cell sharing phenomenon". It's in all the combination metaphysical/physics/science fiction/psychiatry/comicbook journals.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh yeah!! this is what i've been shooting for all the time...I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am so glad!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 8:10 am

Arlo Fanatic

Yeah, I believe ya'll are right.I think I had to reregister so my count was down. If I ahdn't ahd to re-register I have no idea how high it was. I've been here since Apr 98 so if they've been counting since then it was probably alot of posts LOL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 8:38 am

yes, nathen...it was rude, crude and childlike...we agree on that. i think where we part ways is the issue of it belonging on that thread or any thread. my thoughts on
the stern thread would be it was a place to talk about the stern show (which, i suppose, is a controversial issue since it's probably considered a controversial show)...not to try and be the stern show.

in regards to not wanting to move to blat because it's a public area...so are the boards, so i fail to understand that point. at least in blat, you would know when someone came in, unlike the boards where you have no idea how many "lurkers" are here. if i'm reading your post correctly then when someone posted that people are censored in blat, they were referring to self censorship, not a policy in blat. again, i don't see the difference between the realization that someone could come into blat and see what you're writing, or doing it here where many more people could happen along. if it's felt that you should exercise self censorship there, than why not here? also, in blat you could have used a private room and that would have solved the whole issue of censorship.

in any case, we're been here before with this discussion and it's getting old. arnie is the moderator here and if he wants to let it continue, then fine. i can avoid reading that nonsense just as easily as i avoid others.

one final thing.. as has been said, repeatedly, it wasn't a single "word" that was ever the issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 7:10 pm

PEOPLE DISAGREEN' EVERWERE YA LOOK
MAKES YA WANNA STOP AND READ A BOOK.

BUT GUARDING FUMES AND MAKING HASTE
IT AINT MY CUP OF MEAT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 7:26 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

go read a book, quinn and stop shouting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 7:38 pm

<FONT size="6">MAYBE I LIKE TO SHOUT....</FONT s>

TELL ME WHERE IT HURTS YA HONEY AND I'LL TELL YA WHO TO CALL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 7:55 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

you really don't get "troll", quinn?

wow. cuz you do it really well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 9:24 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fitzy:

go read a book, quinn and stop shouting!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe "how to win friends and influence people"? Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.