Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Setlists & Show Reports

Post subject: pease concert
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2001 10:58 am

Well I'm back from heaven;back to the job;it's 8:40am monday.Diana and I saw Arlo and family on Friday at the PEASE center at Eastern MIU...Arlo was great the band was great;Abe was great and Sarah Lee was great. Arlo was in a fantastic mood;(When isn't he?) The concert was 2 hours and 45 minutes.I don't have a list of the songs;but I forgot the world and its troubles to listen to the music.When we left we took the lyrics with us to the van and put on a tape of Ukelalley Lady.Probably spelt wrong.And no he didn't play it;much to my dismay.Afterwards Di and I waited with the autograph seekers to say hi.We always go to the near end of the line.We figure if arlo gets tired we'll let some people who haven't got his autograph or talked to him have a chance.SECOND TO LAST IN LINE;wE TALKED AND Diana took a picture of Arlo and I together.That's what it is all about.I say it every time. Down to earth;and loves his fans.We talked about the concert at the church;which we will attend in May and I mentioned that we sent our names in for the walk.The 1st walk for HD.on the sunday after the concert. I smiled and shook Arlo's hand and said Hepatitus C walking with HD.If you are just tuning into this site for the 1st time;or have never been to an Arlo concert.Please bring the one you love and find a concert somewhere. You'll be glad you did. And if anyone out there has anything that the church can use..sent it along to them;they will appreciate it.Hi Lisa...That's all for this time folks.Sorry I'm not into the song list;but Arlo was dressed in black with a Plum colored shirt? see ya ..peace/love...art/Di.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2001 1:42 pm

Songlists and wardrobe reports are OK, but not mandatory. The important thing was, you and Diana had a great time, got to talk to Arlo, got your picture taken with him and came back and shared your experience with us. You posted enough to bring back memories I can relate to. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2001 2:43 pm

Arlo Fanatic

The feeling you get at a show is important and a treasure.
The good vibes that are shared are important and a treasure.
The "realness" of Arlo and family that comes across is important and a treasure.
The music is important and a treasure.
The messages that are found in much of the music and story telling are important and are also treasures.
But I thought the whole deal was really about sock color?? Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2001 3:39 pm

Sock color, sock material, sock type, sock brand, sock it to me. Any report on Jessica's socks in future setlist reports will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for pulling up the sock thing Larry, it was beginning to sag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2001 10:08 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Nice concert report! Arlo is a sweet guy! Plum shirt? He must've gotten him a new shirt. I bet it looked great on him. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2001 5:01 pm

On March 26, I took my five year old daughter, Amber, to see Arlo, and he blew me away. I think that the best part, besides having front row seats, behind the och. pit. was when Arlo gave the moose story and poem. My daughter was just glued to Arlo. He did a great show, and of course, Amber was out cold by the the middle of the second set.
The entire guthrie family and friends did a great job at that show. It was nice to have such a small venue, it felt like we had Arlo to ourselves, and not so crazy, like Further Fest.
Take Care Guthrie Family!!!!!!