Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Setlists & Show Reports

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2001 3:54 am

When I saw that Arlo was gonna play the Benaroya Hall in Seattle, I checked their website for tickets. None. None for resale either, so far. He's supposed to be playing on VALENTINES DAY...and tickets went on sale LAST SUMMER. What kind of fool puts together a "Cultural Concert Series" with three artists playing random days throughout a year, and has the first in SEPT 00, the second in FEB 01, and the other god knows when. I'm extremely mad...

Arlo, you need better promo and ticket sales in SEATTLE, WA. This little beat, hippie, activist is a not a happy camper...I was sooo looking forward to my first Arlo concert (I'm 17), and taking a date, but NO...I got nothing...I got a big bum deal...

Image BAH! Image

-Peace And Love
-IvyLeaf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2001 2:55 am

Arlo Fanatic

Wow, that's bad news! If It was me I'd be heartbroken & freaking out. You may want to go to the concert hall really early in the day & see if maybe someone couldn't make it & turned in their ticket. At a coupla shows of Arlo's some folks showed up hoping for a miracle & it turned out someone got sick & couldn't come & had to turn in their ticket. So a miracle occurred. At another gig someone had an extra ticket for sale for the price they had paid for it. They had bought it for a friend to go with them & their kids & the friend couldn't make it. So all afternoon untill show time is the time to hang around the palce & seek a miracle. Maybe if you're luck ADG may pop out in between his sound chekc & you'll get to say HI & tell him why you couldn't get in to the show. If ya see him tell him HI for me & that he'd better let ya in to the show! Image

Young people like yourself & others are our future for when we older ones are gone you all will carry it on for us. Good luck with getting into the show! Maybe if we all have blunder prayers going? Peace! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2001 4:00 am

I'll see what I can do, but I think it's still a big rip. He hardly ever comes out this way, and when he does, he's got NO promotion, and put in the middle of a bum deal package...Cultural Concerts my a$$! Maybe I should write him a letter. Do you have an email or snail mail address handy...I want to settle my nearly passive agressive anger and see if he can help... Image ...I even had a date 5 months in advanced picked out...And he's really sick and really wanted to go...

*sigh*

-IvyLeaf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2001 4:38 am

Arlo Fanatic

Think his mail is rsrhq@risingson.com He never gets out here to VA much anymore either. Sigh... Good luck with it! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2001 12:01 pm

The W!zard

Unfortunantly, Arlo has never really been promoted all that well. I can remember years ago getting the RBR (his newsletter) and seeing half the concert dates listed were already passed. Local venues usually don't do a lot of promotion either - at least from what I've seen.

However, Arlo and RSR do a good job of keeping me updated. So, you're best bet is to just keep checking here - and sign up for the mailing list in the mail room if you want notification when the schedule changes.

I know this doesn't really fix your problem, but it could keep it from happening again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2001 1:43 pm

also, once you see a gig listed it's a good idea to check with the venue on when tickets go on sale. some venues wait until a month or so before the gig, but some of them will sell the tickets months and months before, and if you wait they'll be gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2001 3:24 pm

Arlo Fanatic

The symphony shows will particularly sell out early because members routinely are given a pre-season purchase option before tickets go on sale to the general public. Quite often the tickets are sold in thematic packages of 3 concerts or more over the course of the season. Single concert tickets to the popular shows, if there are any left, may sell out shortly after the season schedule is announced to the general public or within a few weeks or months of the announcement.
Arlo's RSR office has been doing a great job letting Dave know Arlo's schedule as soon as dates are confirmed and Dave has always immediately posted them under Schedule on the Main Page. There seems to be a growing trend by all venues to offer tickets 6 months or more ahead of the scheduled performance so like Deb said it is wise to immediately check with the venue for the sales date.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2001 8:12 pm

Arlo Fanatic

The listed dates in the RBR being already passed was why I called Arlos office at RSR every month to find out about the gigs & I still do in case something has come up since dates were last given to Dave.

Which reminds me, I noticed the last time RSR gace any gis to Dave was in Nov. WHen is gonna ad mroe gis I wonder. He needs to come to VA & nearby states (Hint, hint). Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2001 8:13 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Oops the g in gigs is missing ( thing won't let me edit LOL!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2001 10:40 am

BlunderVirgin

Great show last night (1-13-01) in Coral Springs, Florida. Happy to see Arlo with a band again. They were excellent, but we missed Johnny, who Sarah told us was home sick in Mass. I will get back here later with what I got for the set list. May have missed one or two, but pretty much got it down. Thinking about going to Stuart, FL tonight to see the show again there. If only I had tomorrow off! Last night was great fun as always!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2001 12:29 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Go to Stuart, Fla! You won't regret it! Image Looking forward to the setlist, show report & fashion report! What did he wear, do? Tell him I said HI! Have fun! Image