Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Setlists & Show Reports

Post subject: Seattle, WA =(
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2000 8:58 pm

Why No Arlo In The "Great" NorthWest?...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2000 1:42 am

Arlo Fanatic

That's odd. He usually comes out there this time of year & goes from West to East. Here in VA we're having the same problem. He hasn't been to VA since Nov. 98. :( Anymore he just doesn't come to where the fans want him. Hopefully he'll add some gigs out your way & mine! We can dream & hope! Maybe we need to have a talk with Arlos booking agent. They evidently are unaware there are 50 states in the US! LOL! Good luck with getting to see him! Thank God he's coming to NC in March & MD in May cuz I'll get to see him 2 or 3 times. Peace!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2000 2:13 am

Ivy, I'm so glad. I finally have an ArloBuddy in the Seattle area! I'm a by-product of Edmonds, myself. I'm one of this town's five residents under the age of seventy. Nobody even needs to ask for the senior discount here; the 25 cents is automatically deducted from everyone's tab just to save time.
I was sad that Arlo won't be playing near here in 2000, but I'm flying to California in December to see him there. The people at Ticketmaster laughed at me when I asked to purchase tickets for a venue in December. What can I say? I'm a fan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2000 6:50 am

Arlo Fanatic

You're going to see him in CA? Cool! Last yr. I bought tickets to Arlos shows in Greensboro, NC & Baltimore, MD which are gonna be in March & May of 2000. They went on sale that early! It was nice to have such advance notice on the shows! Now if he's only come to VA! Please ARlo? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2000 12:18 am

Hi emdeesea;

I'm a fan on the younger side (16 ;]), I love Arlo, Woody, Bob Dylan, Jethro Tull(Saw them in concert sept 99)...Blame my older brothers ;]

How's it going?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2000 5:26 am

I'll tell you a secret, ivy: I'm just a kid myself. I turned 20 last month, so you're not the only BlunderBaby here.
Did you see Jethro Tull at Bumbershoot? If so, I was there! It was a great show. I took some pictures, but I was so far back on the field, they didn't turn out too well. I also saw Joan Baez two nights back-to-back that weekend. That was the best Bumbershoot in a long time.
Peace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2000 7:10 pm

No, not at bumbershoot, I wanted to go so bad! my parents said no that year... *sigh* ...So, I spent 75 dollar for two crappy tickets to see them Sep.28, 1999...(Seattle Opera house...strange place to play...)

I met the keyboardist, Andrew Giddings, online...He's really sweet, he sez that after the rest of the european tour, he's coming to WA for whale watching, andhe'll sign the newest album for me!

Halfway down this page is the best picture of him: http://j-tull.com/AGdiary.htm

PEACE:
Ivy