Forums » Group W Forums » The Blunder Board

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 2:01 pm

The W!zard

With all of this talk of impending war, many of us will encounter "Peace Activists"
who will try and convince us that we must refrain from retaliating against the ones
who terrorized us all on September 11, 2001. These activists may be alone or in a gathering.....most of us don't know how to react to them. When you come upon one of these people, or one of their rallies, here are the proper rules of etiquette:

1. Listen politely while this person explains their views. Strike up a conversation if necessary and look very interested in their ideas. They will tell you how revenge
is immoral, and that by attacking the people who did this to us, we will only bring on
more violence. They will probably use many arguments, ranging from political to religious to humanitarian.

2. In the middle of their remarks, without any warning, punch them in the nose.

3. When the person gets up off of the ground, they will be very angry and they may try to hit you, so be careful.

4. Very quickly and calmly remind the person that violence only brings about more
violence and remind them of their stand on this matter. Tell them if they are really
committed to a non-violent approach to undeserved attacks, they will turn the other
cheek and negotiate a solution. Tell them they must lead by example if they really believe what they are saying.

5. Most of them will think for a moment and then agree that you are correct.

6. As soon as they do that, hit them again. Only this time hit them much harder. Square in the nose.

7. Repeat steps 2-6 until the desired results are obtained and the idiot realizes how stupid of an argument he/she is making.

8. There is no difference in an individual attacking an unsuspecting victim or a group of terrorists attacking a nation of people. It is unacceptable and must be dealt with. Perhaps at a high cost.

We owe our military a huge debt for what they are about to do for us and our children. We must support them and our leaders at times like these. We have no choice. We either strike back, VERY HARD, or we will keep getting hit in the nose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 2:20 pm

Arlo Fanatic

it's odd you post that...back in the sixties and early seventies,,i used to say,,,that there isn't a pacifist i can't get to swing at me. been right so far?

but i never got to meet jesus or say, the mahatma.

also, i would warn against taking on groups..cos if they go off at the same time..stands to reason you might get more than your nose punched.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 2:24 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
I do not think this administration is engaged in the deliberative process of a political grouping that is on top of their game. They are putting together some very deliberative technical solutions in response to a larger situation that it slipping rapidly out of their control. Like clear cutting. There's a very smart technology being employed to do a very dumb thing.

What they are responding to is not September 11th, but the beginning of a permanent and precipitous decline in worldwide oil production, the beginning of a deep and protracted worldwide recession, and the unraveling of the empire.

This brings me to a point about what all this means for Americans' security, which they are perfectly justified to worry about. The actions being prepared by this administration will not only not enhance our security, it will significantly degrade it. Military action against many groups across the globe, which is what the administration is telling us quite openly they are planning to do, will put a lot of backs against the wall. That can't be very secure.

The concept of war being touted here is a violation of the principles of war on several counts, and will inevitably lead to military catastrophes, if you're inclined to view this from a position of moral and political neutrality.

And the people who are now in possession of half the world's remaining oil reserves are subject to destabilization for which we can't even pretend to predict the consequences-but loss of access to critical energy supplies is certainly within the realm of possibility. Worst of all, we will be destabilizing Pakistan, a nuclear power in an active conflict with its neighbor, and we will be provoking Russia, another nuclear power. The security stakes don't get any higher, and Americans can ill afford to ignore nukes.

And I think that this domestic agenda is a tremendous threat to the security of anyone who is critical of the government or their corporate financiers, and we already know that the real threats are against populations that can easily be scapegoated as the domestic crisis deepens.

MSGT Stan Goff
US Army Special Forces 1970-1996
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

via Z
who is not a "peacenik"
and will therefore beat the shit
out of any [person] who
punches my fucking nose

-edited once for a good point made above
but i'll still make any attacker sorry
and i'm still gone

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by ZoWie on Oct 22, 2001 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 3:59 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ZoWie:

via Z
who is not a "peacenik"
and will therefore beat the shit
out of any dittohead who
punches my fucking nose
Image<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

dittohead.. that seems like name calling to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 4:51 pm

The W!zard

Geeze, I post a little joke and I get the finger... Ok, so I thought the joke was very funny, and quite true, but still... lol!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 12:21 am

Dave, I find this attempt at a joke offensive.....almost as bad as the whole
Quinn thing. Perhaps you should ban yourself.

It's becoming very un-Arlo-like around here. You might listen to Arlo, but do
you HEAR him???

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 2 times, lastly by Dave on Oct 25, 2001 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 12:43 am

i don't know, joe...i've HEARD arlo tell some dark humor jokes over the years...and that last paragraph sounds a lot like what arlo said at the church gigs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 12:51 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Well Dave happens to like Chuck Berry and hates lasagna! But did he follow up behind your posts and tell you just how fuckin' offended he was about it ?
If you ban anybody else Dave, ban me! Please! so I don't have to listen to all these Image babies anymore!

<FONT size="1">Dave ? ...... you do like Chuck Berry and hate lasagna..... don't you ???</FONT s> Image

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by Levi on Oct 23, 2001 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 1:04 am

Oh, dear divine Arlo...we call on your spirit now....please answer us....send us a sign.....we have sacrificed our brains to you, and require your wisdom and light to tell us what to think....please Arlo, remake us all in your image.....I implore you, please answer our prayer.....send the sign we are all looking for....send down the lightning and smite the evil wizard and his coven of evil bitches who now plague us all and refuse to conform themselves to your every thought....we pray this now...amen......

Whoa....sorry....must have been channelling there for a minute or somethin.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 1:08 am

Arlo Fanatic

you jest now,,,but you better be careful or you'll wake up tomorrow with cheryl camped out on your doorstep!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 1:12 am

The W!zard

Levi, please contact me ASAP in regards to becoming a forum moderator... Image

I shall grant you use of the wand even!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 2:27 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Yippeeee ! Now... how do I work this thang ? Is this the ON switch ? (click) Whoa! This thing is just like the lightsaber I used to have when I was a Jedi, before I became a Levi ! OK now, where's that Nathen character ? Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 4:41 am

Arlo Fanatic

Nah, I won't camp out on his doorstep. I wouldn't want to scare him.. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 10:37 am

Arlo Fanatic

aw c'mon dave... this must be the story of the STOOPIDIST peace activist alive!!!
i mean... i mean... it's one thing to preach peace, and non-aggression... but nobody said you can't put up your hands and cover your stoopid nose!!!!!!!!! That you can't hold up a board and break the attackers knuckles with their own impact!!!! That's still being non-aggresive, right??
are we sure that "turn the other cheek" wasn't really code for "kiss my tuchas"???

oh yeah, kim... that mantra doesn't work unless you do it genuflecting in front of a beaded moose....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 10:43 am

Arlo Fanatic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kim:

Oh, dear divine Arlo...we call on your spirit now....please answer us....send us a sign.....we have sacrificed our brains to you, and require your wisdom and light to tell us what to think....please Arlo, remake us all in your image.....I implore you, please answer our prayer.....send the sign we are all looking for....send down the lightning and smite the evil wizard and his coven of evil bitches who now plague us all and refuse to conform themselves to your every thought....we pray this now...amen......

Whoa....sorry....must have been channelling there for a minute or somethin.......<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh Kim...you are REAL good! But you forgot the "Hail Homer"! Image