Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:56 am

The Folkslinger

Okay, so it's really a day after the usual holiday. It's Sunday, July 5th which for me means, we're back at the church for a second round of of songs for distribution via whatever means we have. The venues are still shuttered, including the church. But, we're able to sneak in there and do some recording. It's that kind of year.

We've been (I say we, but it's really been Marti) out in the dirt planting shrubs, flowers and veggies. I've done a little pruning, but otherwise mostly drinking coffee and making comments. Also, there's been an abundance of fireflies flittering over the fields and gardens in the evenings, so I was remembering being a kid fascinated by them.

Last night on July 4th there was fireworks going off on the surrounding lakes and hillsides. Magical stuff. I watched "Yankee Doodle Dandy" on TV just to hear some of the great songs from another era. I also saw "The Music Man" which followed on TCM. It was really amazing to see how cornball can still work. It reminded me that even my own work will seem a little old school in the coming years and decades. No matter how cutting edge something is at the time, it goes through time like everything else and fades away taking a rear seat to whatever is going on at the time.

Hopefully these times will fade the same way, and the world will move on to other issues and other unforeseen problems. How we deal with the turbulence of things changing has always been a source of wonder for me personally. And in the quiet moments of wondering, and amazement I have become increasingly grateful to have simply been a part of it with all of you.

As my friend, Ramblin' Jack Elliott used to say "What a day, what a beach, what a dog!" (Or something like that).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:09 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Well we look forward to the church recordings.

There were fireworks all over the place.

And the fireflies (my favourite of the two) were back as well.

I don’t think I have ever seen Yankee Doodle Dandy, but there is a song from The Music Man that my good friend introduced me to (he knows more about show tunes than I do) maybe 10 years ago? Or so? But it struck me as funny and I looked it up on yutube. “ ’T’ that rhymes with ‘P’ !”
It is like (to me) one of the earlier Rap songs? That’s ’P’ for Pterodactyl ! or something like that.
Well not quite.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:25 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Alongside the fireflies last night, the moon was also right there!

Happy full moon!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:59 am

The Folkslinger

Yeah! I got a shot of the full 'Buck' moon on the 4th. It's fun to try and see what the pix come out like, because eyes are usually better than camera lenses. It looked pretty great from here - Clear night anyway. And who doesn't love fireflies - we used to call 'em lightning bugs. They were always a fascination when I was a kid. Maybe seeing lights flitter around are a 60s thing... But we loved seeing them then and now.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:07 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Yes we do love seeing the lightning bugs.

A brilliant moon for sure !

<3 <3 <3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:22 am

The Folkslinger

Here’s yesterday’s picture!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:22 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Beautiful wings!

Really pretty picture,,,even the background!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:10 pm

BlunderVirgin

Quote:
Okay, so it's really a day after the usual holiday. It's Sunday, July 5th which for me means, we're back at the church for a second round of of songs for distribution via whatever means we have. The venues are still shuttered, including the church. But, we're able to sneak in there and do some recording. It's that kind of year.

We've been (I say we, but it's really been Marti) out in the dirt planting shrubs, flowers and veggies. I've done a little pruning, but otherwise mostly drinking coffee and making comments. Also, there's been an abundance of fireflies flittering over the fields and gardens in the evenings, so I was remembering being a kid fascinated by them. Make sure to check out this info on how to get a 300 dollar loan https://directloantransfer.com/300-dollar-loan/

Last night on July 4th there was fireworks going off on the surrounding lakes and hillsides. Magical stuff. I watched "Yankee Doodle Dandy" on TV just to hear some of the great songs from another era. I also saw "The Music Man" which followed on TCM. It was really amazing to see how cornball can still work. It reminded me that even my own work will seem a little old school in the coming years and decades. No matter how cutting edge something is at the time, it goes through time like everything else and fades away taking a rear seat to whatever is going on at the time.

Hopefully these times will fade the same way, and the world will move on to other issues and other unforeseen problems. How we deal with the turbulence of things changing has always been a source of wonder for me personally. And in the quiet moments of wondering, and amazement I have become increasingly grateful to have simply been a part of it with all of you.

As my friend, Ramblin' Jack Elliott used to say "What a day, what a beach, what a dog!" (Or something like that).

I think thas a pretty nice and funny way of saying iit