PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:44 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I have posted this before and here I am posting it again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk0-yebNA_o

Post subject: Re: stuff about stuff
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:19 pm

ArloNetizen

Agnes, thank you for your posts here.
I would probably take a couple of days going through all 50 or so posts on this thread but I just browsed a few videos that you shared about religion. Arlo's Guthrie Center comes to mind. I wish the Guthrie Center had branches all over the country so that I won't have to fly all the way to Massachusetts to check it out I wish I could check it out. There's all kinds of ideas floating around there. And spiritual questions and answers. Reminds me of the Unitarian Church out here in San Diego. I think we can spend a lot of time debating what's what.
I think the thing that we can have the same page on is we don't always understand everything but we do have our own interpretations of things and we have a right, freedom, and responsibility, to express those interpretations.
I believe that religion is another interpretation of spirituality and there are so many of them. I also believe that we can use religion or non religion in a good way or in an evil way. We can choose how we want to use our belief systems as well as our belief systems themselves.
Carol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:29 pm

Arlo Fanatic

CarolFolk7 wrote:
I would probably take a couple of days going through all 50 or so posts on this thread but I just browsed a few videos that you shared about religion. Arlo's Guthrie Center comes to mind. I wish the Guthrie Center had branches all over the country so that I won't have to fly all the way to Massachusetts to check it out I wish I could check it out. There's all kinds of ideas floating around there. And spiritual questions and answers. Reminds me of the Unitarian Church out here in San Diego. I think we can spend a lot of time debating what's what.
I think the thing that we can have the same page on is we don't always understand everything but we do have our own interpretations of things and we have a right, freedom, and responsibility, to express those interpretations.
I believe that religion is another interpretation of spirituality and there are so many of them. I also believe that we can use religion or non religion in a good way or in an evil way. We can choose how we want to use our belief systems as well as our belief systems themselves.
Carol

Wow! Man I can’t think of all the things I have posted here off the top of my head. As far as religion goes, I can remember sort of trying to sort things out as I was going along…and finding stuff along the way

When you say Unitarian Church, are you referring to the Unitarian Universalist Church? (not wanting to be a stickler here, just trying not to be confused which just seems to come so naturally sometimes) but as for the UU Church, someone here (I remember who, but not sure they feel like being mentioned by name) said something like the general consensus there being that there is one god, more or less…Which made me laugh. (I mean, that would have to sum it up, right? In as few words as possible,,,in so many words).

The last paragraph in your post is like,,,,yeah. That is something to think about.

Anyway, hopefully some of the stuff posted was helpful somehow.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:28 pm

ArloNetizen

agnes wrote:
CarolFolk7 wrote:
Carol

Wow! Man I can’t think of all the things I have posted here off the top of my head. As far as religion goes, I can remember sort of trying to sort things out as I was going along…and finding stuff along the way

When you say Unitarian Church, are you referring to the Unitarian Universalist Church? (not wanting to be a stickler here, just trying not to be confused which just seems to come so naturally sometimes) but as for the UU Church, someone here (I remember who, but not sure they feel like being mentioned by name) said something like the general consensus there being that there is one god, more or less…Which made me laugh. (I mean, that would have to sum it up, right? In as few words as possible,,,in so many words).

The last paragraph in your post is like,,,,yeah. That is something to think about.

Anyway, hopefully some of the stuff posted was helpful somehow.
I was talking about the Unitarian Universalists, Agnes.
however I'm not affiliated or even visiting anyone church I'm just trying to find my own answers with whatever works for me.
Carol

Sent from my Z557BL using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:24 pm

Arlo Fanatic

10 beautiful art plates with a helpful message

(I kept trying to post it but it got messed up every time)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:35 pm

Arlo Fanatic

A wee bit of humour if you can stand it

https://twitter.com/NativeCurator/statu ... 3053583361

In all seriousness

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:17 pm

Arlo Fanatic

https://www.facebook.com/TheIrishWay/po ... 2132473462

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:08 pm

Arlo Fanatic

CarolFolk7 wrote:
Carol

I just wanted to repost this,,,because it seems to really distill a lot of the essence…well said. Thank you.

I reserve the right for certain of my concerns with valid reason, but I just thought this of yours a beautiful statement.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:40 pm

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:

I will try this link and see how it works?

https://www.facebook.com/350Madison/pos ... 1453591595

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:52 pm

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:
agnes wrote:

I will try this link and see how it works?

https://www.facebook.com/350Madison/pos ... 1453591595

“Even as we take care of ourselves and practice social distancing [or practice “physical distancing”], we can find ways to help each other…”

Just felt I wanted to…highlight

That even when we practice social/physical distancing, we are helping each other.

But anyway, I just love these prints. Thank you

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:18 am

Arlo Fanatic

https://twitter.com/bunnybuddhism/statu ... 7118905347

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:53 pm

Arlo Fanatic

https://twitter.com/PearlsFromMyrna/sta ... 3823329281