Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:26 pm

ArloNetizen

adg wrote:
oops again... I accidentally deleted a post by Agnes where she asked if the wood was fiddle back maple. When I tried to answer things got messed up. Anyway, I answered above. Geez... I'll get used to this forum one of these decades.

Oh, very nice. Koa makes such a full, warm sound. Lucky you. And it’s beautiful to look at too.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:54 am

The Folkslinger

leenski wrote:
adg wrote:
oops again... I accidentally deleted a post by Agnes where she asked if the wood was fiddle back maple. When I tried to answer things got messed up. Anyway, I answered above. Geez... I'll get used to this forum one of these decades.

Oh, very nice. Koa makes such a full, warm sound. Lucky you. And it’s beautiful to look at too.

Indeed it is - Koa is is a gorgeous wood when it's polished up, and it's great for instruments, as it's known as a tone wood. I also have an old Martin ukulele which I noticed yesterday is beginning to crack on one side. I'll get that repaired this coming week. The Martin is basically all mahogany but likewise has an impressive sound quality. I love ukuleles!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:59 am

ArloNetizen

adg wrote:
leenski wrote:
adg wrote:

Indeed it is - Koa is is a gorgeous wood when it's polished up, and it's great for instruments, as it's known as a tone wood. I also have an old Martin ukulele which I noticed yesterday is beginning to crack on one side. I'll get that repaired this coming week. The Martin is basically all mahogany but likewise has an impressive sound quality. I love ukuleles!

I do too but right now I am diligently practicing and learning to play my Martin guitar. Played my daughters ukulele a little just to try it and decided it would confuse me a bit too much. But I am looking forward to learning it also.

Let me ask that you all pray for us here in Northern California as it is burning like crazy again. We’ve had up to 86 mph winds that are spreading the fires like crazy. Thanks ahead of time.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:26 pm

The Folkslinger

Omg you guys are in all our thoughts and prayers. It looks awful out there! Be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:03 pm

ArloNetizen

adg wrote:
Omg you guys are in all our thoughts and prayers. It looks awful out there! Be safe.

Thank you. Luckily I am in a safe area, but I have friends who had to evacuate and friends with no electricity for 3-5 days. The hospital I work in was on generators for a couple days. The air quality is tough and we could smell the fires and see the ash that traveled 70+ miles due to the winds. Unfortunately California is a tinder box and I sometimes feel that with the news always talking about the fire threat I think it spurs on the firebugs. You know those that like to set fires. We all have go boxes set up for evacuation threats, and plans on how toI get my animals and important papers and my daughter and I out safely. It’s crazy. We in Nor Cal are now 68% controlled. Southern Cal fires are crazy also and very much more populated where the burns are.

Thank you for the prayers. Be well, be safe and be happy.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:41 pm

Arlo Fanatic

leenski wrote:
adg wrote:

Thank you. Luckily I am in a safe area, but I have friends who had to evacuate and friends with no electricity for 3-5 days. The hospital I work in was on generators for a couple days. The air quality is tough and we could smell the fires and see the ash that traveled 70+ miles due to the winds. Unfortunately California is a tinder box and I sometimes feel that with the news always talking about the fire threat I think it spurs on the firebugs. You know those that like to set fires. We all have go boxes set up for evacuation threats, and plans on how toI get my animals and important papers and my daughter and I out safely. It’s crazy. We in Nor Cal are now 68% controlled. Southern Cal fires are crazy also and very much more populated where the burns are.

Thank you for checking in

<3 <3 <3

I hope Southern Cal gets things contained as well soon!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:49 am

ArloNetizen

agnes wrote:
leenski wrote:
adg wrote:

Thank you for checking in

<3 <3 <3

I hope Southern Cal gets things contained as well soon!

Thank you, me too. The winds and the dry air has to stop then it will get under control. The authorities arrested someone today for starting 8 new fires the other day here in Nor Cal. It’s crazy.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:38 pm

ArloNetizen

Woohoo. Northern California is 100% contained.
Arlo, I just watched a documentary called “Echo in the Cantons”. It was about the 1960’s - 170’s music scene in Laurel Canyon, California. We’re you ever a part of that place, did you go there at all? Especially when
You we’re hangin out in Malibu?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:27 am

The Folkslinger

We had friends we visited with in Laurel Canyon during the late 60s and early 70s. But that was usually only when we were recording in LA. We never lived there.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:09 am

ArloNetizen

adg wrote:
We had friends we visited with in Laurel Canyon during the late 60s and early 70s. But that was usually only when we were recording in LA. We never lived there.

I didn’t think you ever lived there but those were wild times I think you would agree. The documentary was good. Jakob Dylan was primary speaker on it. If you get a chance take a look. Have a great day darlin.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:16 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Ladies of the Canyon is one of my favourite Joni Mitchell songs.

I love the imagery she paints in her words

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:49 pm

ArloNetizen

agnes wrote:
Ladies of the Canyon is one of my favourite Joni Mitchell songs.

I love the imagery she paints in her words

She is very good. I still listen to her also.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:19 am

The Folkslinger

I think it’s winter outside even tho it’s not yet on the calendar.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:38 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Speaking of calendars

Just a wee bit of trivia:

2020 is a leap year!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:14 am

ArloNetizen

adg wrote:
I think it’s winter outside even tho it’s not yet on the calendar.

It is trying to be winter here. That’s a laugh. Since I have lived in Northern California it has only been in the 50’s. It is sometimes colder in the house than outside. Very old house, insufficient insulation and single planed windows. Oh well. Karl the fog is here a lot and covers us in his thick blanket of tranquility. Enjoy the holiday season Arlo. Wish I was on that side of the country to come to your final Carnegie Hall concert. Sending hugs.