Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:23 pm

The Folkslinger

We’ve been out and about for a few weeks and aside from the usual nightmares it’s all going well. We have left the most northern part of this leg and are heading southwest back into warmer weather. Tennessee, Louisiana, and Texas coming right up.

Before we hit the left coast we’ve got a couple weeks to get restored. I’m taking that time back south on the Indian River while the band and crew head north into the hills. We’ll meet up in Cerritos, CA in March.

Meanwhile we’ve still got two weeks of fun shows, great towns, awesome venues and good times ahead. Can’t wait to get back into the hot sun and cool water. An afternoon drink during a day off in minimal attire. Gotta love it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:05 pm

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
We’ve been out and about for a few weeks and aside from the usual nightmares it’s all going well. We have left the most northern part of this leg and are heading southwest back into warmer weather. Tennessee, Louisiana, and Texas coming right up.

Before we hit the left coast we’ve got a couple weeks to get restored. I’m taking that time back south on the Indian River while the band and crew head north into the hills. We’ll meet up in Cerritos, CA in March.

Meanwhile we’ve still got two weeks of fun shows, great towns, awesome venues and good times ahead. Can’t wait to get back into the hot sun and cool water. An afternoon drink during a day off in minimal attire. Gotta love it.

wheee!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:09 am

The Folkslinger

agnes wrote:
adg wrote:

wheee!

Exactly! I guess it's just human nature to look ahead, and hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:46 am

The Folkslinger

We got Nashville under our belts, now we head to the Big Easy. Haven't seen Tipitina's since we played there for the Katrina Benefits we did years ago. It'll be nice to return again. A week and a half from today, I'll be back on the river, up early and hoping for gorgeous sunrises. Marti's been sprucing up the place so I know it'll be a joy to return. I love being out on the road, a different town every day, but I also love staying put and waking up in the same bed every day. For most people this would be a problematic multi personality disorder, but for me it's just the way it goes.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:49 am

The Folkslinger

missing my creature friends

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:19 am

The Folkslinger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:35 am

The Folkslinger

There's just a few (the eagle is a little fuzzy) of river creature pix. Hopefully I'll get a lot more pix when I get back, and maybe some even on the road - Ya never know. I just love knowing they're there - Holding down the fort as it were, while I'm off gallivanting around.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:44 am

The Folkslinger

Okay one more. Love this bird. I like all the birds. Especially the ones that seem friendly.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:48 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Wow! Where did you take that picture of the hawk? (hawk, right?)

So beauty-ful. All of them.

There was a hawk right outside the window here once the size of a large cat! “Oh hi!”

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:51 pm

The Folkslinger

I was in my deck in Florida and the hawk landed in a nearby plumeria tree! Just happened to have my camera. It looked like it was checking me out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:54 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Love it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:39 am

The Folkslinger

agnes wrote:
Love it.

Me Too! Only saw that one and the Eagle one time... Fairly rare around those parts, or I was wasn't paying enough attention. It's also hard to spot them looking over so vast an area. But, I keep looking... Keep hoping... Keep snapping pix of everything in sight. That's th best thing about the digital realm, you just throw out the ones that turned out to be nothing. And then you get surprised every once in awhile.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:00 pm

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
agnes wrote:
Love it.

Me Too! Only saw that one and the Eagle one time... Fairly rare around those parts, or I was wasn't paying enough attention. It's also hard to spot them looking over so vast an area. But, I keep looking... Keep hoping... Keep snapping pix of everything in sight. That's th best thing about the digital realm, you just throw out the ones that turned out to be nothing. And then you get surprised every once in awhile.

I get excited when I see a hawk. I am like, "Hawk!" I rarely see eagles. Then one year I saw several, at different times and spaces. It was like, Wow!

And then there is the majestic buzzard.

Such handsome creatures.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:19 pm

The Folkslinger

Couple of Florida Buzzards I caught on camera as they were busy with each other.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:29 pm

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:

Couple of Florida Buzzards I caught on camera as they were busy with each other.

Oh Em Ji that is epic!

hahaha……