Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Two Weeks In
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:42 am
  

User avatar
The Folkslinger

Joined: Nov 23, 1999
Posts: 848
Images: 42
Location: Housatonic, MA
We’ve just begun this years continuation of our tour. Played a number of first time venues, and for the most part, got off to a good start.

This cold spell isn’t helping. But, we go where we need to be regardless. We have another month of shows coming right up before we take a small break in March. Now we’re continuing our trek up the east coast. Wilmington, NC by tonight for a couple days off. That means laundry!

It also means Sarah Lee will find some good food. Truck stops are okay for some things, but decent food - I don’t think so.

Image

Meanwhile, it’s up and over to the next stop. And sometimes it’s even fabulous. Onward!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Two Weeks In
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:25 am
  

User avatar
The Folkslinger

Joined: Nov 23, 1999
Posts: 848
Images: 42
Location: Housatonic, MA
adg wrote:
We’ve just begun this years continuation of our tour. Played a number of first time venues, and for the most part, got off to a good start.

This cold spell isn’t helping. But, we go where we need to be regardless. We have another month of shows coming right up before we take a small break in March. Now we’re continuing our trek up the east coast. Wilmington, NC by tonight for a couple days off. That means laundry!

It also means Sarah Lee will find some good food. Truck stops are okay for some things, but decent food - I don’t think so.

Image

Meanwhile, it’s up and over to the next stop. And sometimes it’s even fabulous. Onward!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Wow! I figured out how to add pix to announcements. Hahaha only took 20 years. Look out world!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Two Weeks In
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:14 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7240
adg wrote:
Wow! I figured out how to add pix to announcements. Hahaha only took 20 years. Look out world!


That didn’t go unnoticed with that mondo moon shot you recently posted!

Epic view

And in this case, a color rich sky


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Two Weeks In
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:32 am
  

User avatar
The Folkslinger

Joined: Nov 23, 1999
Posts: 848
Images: 42
Location: Housatonic, MA
I miss being on the River. But I’ll get back after a few weeks! More to come.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Two Weeks In
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:14 am
  

User avatar
The Folkslinger

Joined: Nov 23, 1999
Posts: 848
Images: 42
Location: Housatonic, MA
Yay! Two whole nights off in Newberry!!! Gotta love it!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Two Weeks In
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:17 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7240
adg wrote:
Yay! Two whole nights off in Newberry!!! Gotta love it!


Our dear Billy B. stayed many years in South Carolina!

Wouldn’t be surprised if it were a wee bit haunted


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Two Weeks In
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:10 pm
  

User avatar
The Folkslinger

Joined: Nov 23, 1999
Posts: 848
Images: 42
Location: Housatonic, MA
I never ran into anyone I couldn’t see. And we’ve played here over a dozen times.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Two Weeks In
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:07 pm
  

User avatar
The Folkslinger

Joined: Nov 23, 1999
Posts: 848
Images: 42
Location: Housatonic, MA
Three weeks from today, I’ll be back on the River again. I heard I’m missing some spectacular sunrises as we travel around doing our gigs. But the shows have been fun, so no complaints. On the other hand, I loved getting up early and witnessing the sunrises, spectacular or otherwise.

Image



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Two Weeks In
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:15 pm
  

User avatar
The Folkslinger

Joined: Nov 23, 1999
Posts: 848
Images: 42
Location: Housatonic, MA
This picture was from August 2013. so it's a while ago. But I always loved it...


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Two Weeks In
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:35 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7240
adg wrote:
This picture was from August 2013. so it's a while ago. But I always loved it...


What a beautiful reminder of home.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Two Weeks In
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:36 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7240
adg wrote:
I never ran into anyone I couldn’t see. And we’ve played here over a dozen times.


Oh Arlo….


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Two Weeks In
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:22 pm
  

User avatar
The Folkslinger

Joined: Nov 23, 1999
Posts: 848
Images: 42
Location: Housatonic, MA
agnes wrote:
adg wrote:
I never ran into anyone I couldn’t see. And we’ve played here over a dozen times.


Oh Arlo….


No things that go bump in the night... aw well, maybe next time.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Two Weeks In
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:49 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7240
I forgot to say,,,A week or so ago, whenever it was, a decent amount of snowfall here and while it was still fresh, I saw a man (maybe in his 40s or 50s?) riding a bicycle on the sidewalk, on the snow, in the city, with a small cup of coffee in his hand. Steady as could be. (No fancy outfit, just..) . I would love to have gotten a picture of that. I would not have posted it of course, but I would love to have given him a copy. I have no idea who he is.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Two Weeks In
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:07 pm
  

User avatar
The Folkslinger

Joined: Nov 23, 1999
Posts: 848
Images: 42
Location: Housatonic, MA
We’ve had a few days off to rest, fix bus problems, and catch up with meetings on various subjects. Sometimes it’s easier simply working. But, we take the days off when we can get ‘em. And it’s especially nice in places like this.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Two Weeks In
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:25 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7240
adg wrote:
We’ve had a few days off to rest, fix bus problems, and catch up with meetings on various subjects. Sometimes it’s easier simply working. But, we take the days off when we can get ‘em. And it’s especially nice in places like this.


Where is that?


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group