Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post subject: Re: WELCOME TO 2019
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:15 am

ArloNetizen

agnes wrote:
oh nice.

i also love the tree silhouettes.

Thanks so much Agnes. It caught my eye. If you can expand the pic you see the moon and Venus and then the upper star someone told me is Arius (something like that). It was a lucky pic with my iPhone.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:37 pm

The Folkslinger

One Year Ago! Same as today. Just standing around watching the days go by.

Attachment:
NIK_7029.3 100718.jpg
NIK_7029.3 100718.jpg [ 2.64 MiB | Viewed 20025 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:32 pm

ArloNetizen

adg wrote:
One Year Ago! Same as today. Just standing around watching the days go by.

Attachment:
NIK_7029.3 100718.jpg

That’s a lovely view out to the water.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:00 am

The Folkslinger

That’s a lovely view out to the water.[/quote]

That's Cape Canaveral off just over the horizon. You can see all the launches from here. Pretty awesome sometimes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:50 am

ArloNetizen

adg wrote:

That's Cape Canaveral off just over the horizon. You can see all the launches from here. Pretty awesome sometimes.[/quote]

I bet. I was working at Edwards Air Force Base as a civilian in the Flight Surgeons office the first time the Space Shuttle came in for a landing when it was released off the back of the 747. It was fantastic. They knew in theory it should glide but no one was truly sure it would.
But I’m a single woman and although the view over the water you look at is very fine (remember I love the water) I was kinda talking about you. Lol. You sure fire up the fantasies Mr. Hope that isn’t insulting.
Do you have any pics of your Mom from when she danced with Martha Graham? Did you see your Mom dance? I danced on pointe but just for me, too tall. I’m 5’8”, too tall for the Corp de ballet. I did a lot of art as a kid, then in the late 60’s it dropped off (was a wild child) then went back to it in the middle 70’s for personal enjoyment. Graduated high school though at age 16. Somewhere in my mind I knew I needed that. Now have 2 masters degrees, one in nursing and one in business.
Well dear man, hope you have a wonderful day. Getting close to tour time. Hope you can be zen about it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:04 pm

The Folkslinger

leenski wrote:
adg wrote:

That's Cape Canaveral off just over the horizon. You can see all the launches from here. Pretty awesome sometimes.

I bet. I was working at Edwards Air Force Base as a civilian in the Flight Surgeons office the first time the Space Shuttle came in for a landing when it was released off the back of the 747. It was fantastic. They knew in theory it should glide but no one was truly sure it would.
But I’m a single woman and although the view over the water you look at is very fine (remember I love the water) I was kinda talking about you. Lol. You sure fire up the fantasies Mr. Hope that isn’t insulting.
Do you have any pics of your Mom from when she danced with Martha Graham? Did you see your Mom dance? I danced on pointe but just for me, too tall. I’m 5’8”, too tall for the Corp de ballet. I did a lot of art as a kid, then in the late 60’s it dropped off (was a wild child) then went back to it in the middle 70’s for personal enjoyment. Graduated high school though at age 16. Somewhere in my mind I knew I needed that. Now have 2 masters degrees, one in nursing and one in business.
Well dear man, hope you have a wonderful day. Getting close to tour time. Hope you can be zen about it.[/quote]

Thanks for the comments. Yeah I do have some old photos from when my mom was in the company. Do you have a facebook page or someplace to upload it to? If you don't want to post it here, just shoot me a private message... I forgot how to do that, but it ought be easy. I'll try to upload to here... Just in case it works. nope. Didn't work.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:19 pm

ArloNetizen

adg wrote:
leenski wrote:
adg wrote:

Well dear man, hope you have a wonderful day. Getting close to tour time. Hope you can be zen about it.

Thanks for the comments. Yeah I do have some old photos from when my mom was in the company. Do you have a facebook page or someplace to upload it to? If you don't want to post it here, just shoot me a private message... I forgot how to do that, but it ought be easy. I'll try to upload to here... Just in case it works. nope. Didn't work.[/quote]

I do have a Facebook page it’s under Eileen Ostrander Cromey. We have spoken on the IM page of Facebook before. I’ll shoot you a message there, then you can upload there.

My daughter, my computer guru put me onto a system called “Imgur” to upload photos here that i took with my iPhone. That’s how I loaded that early morning view going into work.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:49 pm

BlunderVirgin

Hello kindred moon lovers! I've landed in the right place. Living at the Pacific Ocean allows many opportunities for great moon and colorful sun photos over the water. Nature sings to our souls, how fun to be with others who hear the song ... when more of us focus on the joy of life, it multiplies. Wishing each of you more happiness, fun and love, especially in this year of 2019!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:17 am

The Folkslinger

well we’re on the road again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:56 pm

The Folkslinger

After the gig tonight in Ft. Lauderdale we’ll arrive back in the river tomorrow. More pix to follow. Hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:57 pm

ArloNetizen

Hey Arlo, I know you’re having a great tour. Hope you can catch some great pics of the Blood Moon tomorrow night. It’s also going to be a full eclipse. I, hoping we can see it here in the Bay Area. Very often we are so clouded over you can’t see the sky. Keep your fingers crossed for us. Supposed to start at 7:30 to 7:45 pm for us on the west coast. Gotta be outside tryin to catch the moonbeams before they are gone. Have a great night.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:01 pm

Arlo Fanatic

OH EM JI the moon is beautiful!

it is very cold and it looks like the wind blew the clouds away and the moon seems “unphased” (so to speak)

I will have some spaghetti in case I have to go outside to see the eclipse.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:06 pm

ArloNetizen

agnes wrote:

it is very cold and it looks like the wind blew the clouds away and the moon seems “unphased” (so to speak)

Agnes, can you take some pics please? San Francisco is covered in clouds and rain. Unable to see the blessed moon. I would greatly appreciate it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:32 pm

Arlo Fanatic

leenski wrote:
agnes wrote:

Agnes, can you take some pics please? San Francisco is covered in clouds and rain. Unable to see the blessed moon. I would greatly appreciate it.

Well,,,, I will say it again?

I don’t have a camera

Still, even if you can’t see it, it is still there

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:59 pm

Arlo Fanatic

It’s there!