Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post subject: Back On The Highways
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:35 pm

The Folkslinger

Now we begin the Re:Generation Tour again, picking up from where we left off last year. We've finished a couple of nights in Key West - essentially a tune-up so we'd know what we were doing. It was a fabulous time in a nice small venue. From here on out it's back to the larger halls (for the most part). We'll be working our way up from Florida, through the Carolinas into Virginia. Then Heading to the mid-west and all the way to the left coast as far north as Sacramento, CA, before coming back to the east side and ending the tour at The Church for our semi-annual fund-raiser there in May. We're already working on gigs in the northwest as well (the ones we will have missed this time). Maybe even something over seas... We'll see what happens.

Many new dates are posted here and on our homepage (www.arloguthrie.com). We're getting the word out for anyone interested, that we're coming and going as always. Looking forward to seeing many of you wherever and whenever.

adg

Post subject: Re: Back On The Highways
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:35 pm

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
Now we begin the Re:Generation Tour again, picking up from where we left off last year. We've finished a couple of nights in Key West - essentially a tune-up so we'd know what we were doing. It was a fabulous time in a nice small venue. From here on out it's back to the larger halls (for the most part). We'll be working our way up from Florida, through the Carolinas into Virginia. Then Heading to the mid-west and all the way to the left coast as far north as Sacramento, CA, before coming back to the east side and ending the tour at The Church for our semi-annual fund-raiser there in May. We're already working on gigs in the northwest as well (the ones we will have missed this time). Maybe even something over seas... We'll see what happens.

Many new dates are posted here and on our homepage (http://www.arloguthrie.com). We're getting the word out for anyone interested, that we're coming and going as always. Looking forward to seeing many of you wherever and whenever.

adg

thanks for spreading the update!

and, hi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:56 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Enjoyed the show in Rocky Mount, VA. I made nearly weeks trip out of it and had a great time. Come back there next yr so I can do it again. :)

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:56 am

Senior ArloNetizen

What is this newer show being advertised as The Alice's Restaurant Tour and listed for November 9th at The Wildey Theatre in Edwardsville, Illinois? That's where I am from (not where I live) but my friend from there sent it to me on Facebook and he's going to go. I told him I would check it out for him. He's never seen Sarah Lee perform, but he was with me the first time I ever saw you, Arlo. Is this a new tour, for real, then? Or is this sorta a 1 time (or actually 3 cause I found 2 others for November)?

I hope someone gets this that can answer, preferably Arlo. It would be a real treat for my friend to see Sarah Lee and hear her sing because youtube videos just don't do her justice. Next best thing, I guess you'd say, but it's just not quite the same. She really knows how to entertain the crowds, just like Arlo does. I hope he gets to see her, too. I told him, YOU GO! You must! LOL.

Thank you to anyone in advance. Hugzzz xxxxx

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:04 am

Senior ArloNetizen

And I want to tell Arlo and Sarah Lee, the Iowa City show was outstanding. I just didn't have time to collect my thoughts and put them to words, properly. And I still don't. But man, Sarah Lee's songs made me and my son cry but in a good way. She was just so good and the words to 2 of those songs, so moving. Since I lost my own mother over 30 years ago, it brought back so many memories of her and our life together.

The songs Sarah Lee sang must have been making my son think of how life will be, once I am gone. And that made me cry, too, cause I love that kid so much and don't want him to be in any pain. We are like twins. Everything we love, the other one loves. It will be hard on him, I know. Very hard. If I get to go to Heaven, no matter what they say, I will weep for him even from there, because I will see his pain.

God bless every one of the Guthrie family and everyone in your wonderful band. You have given me years and years of enjoyment and fun and I wouldn't miss out on that if at all possible, for the world.

Come back to Iowa City, one more time if you can. Englert. We need you, here. Love you and all the family.

Just lil ole me. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:42 am

ArloNetizen

Cheryl Harrell wrote:
Enjoyed the show in Rocky Mount, VA. I made nearly weeks trip out of it and had a great time. Come back there next yr so I can do it again. :)

I've been a little quiet on here lately - we just heard that Arlo is coming back to Australia next year. And also caught up with the sad news from ADG that Cheryl is no longer with us. Cheryl helped us with details to see Arlo in concert at Roanoke VA in 2005 - we'll miss her happy (and sad) posts. Rest in Peace.

Last edited by davex7 on Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:10 pm

Arlo Fanatic

davex7 wrote:
Cheryl Harrell wrote:

Hi there Cheryl. I've been a little quiet on here lately, but we just heard that Arlo is coming back to Australia next year. Getting excited already .. lol. How are you doin?

hello,

sadly, cheryl passed earlier this year

here is the announcement arlo posted

http://arlo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f= ... e3745280be

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:03 pm

ArloNetizen

agnes wrote:
davex7 wrote:
Cheryl Harrell wrote:

Hi there Cheryl. I've been a little quiet on here lately, but we just heard that Arlo is coming back to Australia next year. Getting excited already .. lol. How are you doin?

hello,

sadly, cheryl passed earlier this year

here is the announcement arlo posted

http://arlo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f= ... e3745280be

Thank you, Agnes.