Forums » Group W Forums » The Blunder Board

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:35 pm

BlunderVirgin

About 20 yars ago Arlo sang a free concert on the front steps of the capital building of Rhode Island. I recorded it and he sat right next to my radio and leaned on it for pretty much the whole show. I don;t know if it was because he saw the Farm Aid stickers on it or it was just luck well he sang a bunch of song including the two that I am looking for. I have never heard them again in any other show. One was bout President Carter and a rabbit. i know the song by heart but I can't find it anywhere. and the other one was sung to the Ol'Mcdonald tune about farmers buying tractors and they can "ride all nite, ride all day, ride over everything gettin in thier way. And they don't have to worry till the pay back day". If any one has any idea what I am talking about and might be able to turn me in the right direction I would be really smiling.
Thanks for any Help
Mr. Boneyard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:32 am

Arlo Fanatic

I think the song about Carter was written by Tom Paxton & was called "I Don't Want A Bunny Wunny" I think. I forget the name of the other one. I've never heard them live before only a clip or 2 online. Hopefully someone else on here has more info on them...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:31 am

BlunderVirgin

Thank you very much. I will research this more and again thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:32 pm

Arlo Fanatic

The "Old MacDonald" song that Arlo sang was his song "Down On the American Farm". To my knowledge, he never recorded it, but I did hear him sing it a few times back then. You can find the lyrics in the book "Rise Up Singing", which Rising Son Records used to sell. I don't know if they still do. If you want them, email me, and I'll try to send them out to you.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:16 pm

BlunderVirgin

Judy wrote:
The "Old MacDonald" song that Arlo sang was his song "Down On the American Farm". To my knowledge, he never recorded it, but I did hear him sing it a few times back then. You can find the lyrics in the book "Rise Up Singing", which Rising Son Records used to sell. I don't know if they still do. If you want them, email me, and I'll try to send them out to you.

I'm working on a database to accompany the Rise Up Singing Songbook, with YouTube links to every song in the book. One of the few songs I haven't been able to find videos for, is "Down on the American Farm." How would I go about contacting Arlo to ask if he might be willing to post a YouTube video of the song?

Here's the database we did for the Rise Again Songbook: https://www.riseupandsing.org/songs/lists/title

Thanks.
Joe Offer, Associate Editor of the Rise Again Songbook
and Music Editor, The Mudcat Cafe
joe@mudcat.org

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:16 pm

Arlo Fanatic

i don’t really know how to contact him, but maybe try posting your message on the “Arlo’s Restaurant” forum up there. ^ he may be more likely to see it? here is a link straight to it:
http://arlo.net/forums/viewforum.php?f= ... e31ca0697f

or go to the forum index:
http://arlo.net/forums/index.php?sid=c2 ... e31ca0697f
and it is the forum on the top.

i hope that helps.