Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Arlo's Restaurant

Post subject: 50th anniversary
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:40 pm

BlunderVirgin

Happy 50th to Arlo and "Alice's Restaurant"! Just wanted to say that 40-some years ago, that was one of the most popular songs in the U.S. Navy! The description of the examination (AFEES!) actually added some sense to the process. I think we all felt we'd been stranded on the Group W bench. Thanks for the sanity!

Post subject: Re: 50th anniversary
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:43 pm

BlunderVirgin

Excited to see the show tonight at Morris Center at SEIU Edwardsville! Last saw Arlo at Wildwood Springs Oct 31, 2014. As always a pleaser to his fans. See you tonight Arlo!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:28 am

BlunderVirgin

Happy 50th Arlo :!: Where does the time go? Looking forward to the West coast swing and seeing you play in Napa. I'll be toasting you with a fine Cabernet. I will always remember the show you and Pete (miss you) did at Zellerbach in 72. Happy trails and travelin.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:48 pm

BlunderVirgin

I must be living right. My twin 19 year old daughters got me tickets to see Arlo in Souix Falls on the 27th of April. This will be my second time seeing him. The best part is my daughters may be more excited than I am to see him. Best birthday present EVER! Thanks Arlo for coming out to God's country.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:13 am

BlunderVirgin

Yeah the show at Morris Center was fantastic. Attending Arlo events was really great for me. It was just superb. You know dear my office party was also hosted at Morris Center. It is a good venue to host such huge events. Isn’t it?

Last edited by Trevo5r on Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:10 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Welcome to the site ya'll. Arlo shows are so addicting. Puts ya on a higher plane. :)

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 6:57 pm

ArloNetizen

Everyone seemed to have a great time at the Annual Church Revival this past weekend. We had tickets for Saturday and Sunday nights, and the Garbage Trail Walk for HD was on Sunday morning. I love it in the Berkshires as there's something so special about Arlo singing in the church/center all these years later. The show was wonderful and the lights made things a bit different. There was a tribute to Jackie that brought tears to my eyes. I didn't know her, like many here did, but all that love that pours out of everyone for her makes you realize what kind of person she must have been. It was very touching. Thanks, Arlo, for all the wonderful feelings you bring out in people. Thanks to the band who are always great. To those looking forward to your chance to see the 50th Anniversary tour, it will be well worth the wait!

Last edited by anarchess on Mon May 25, 2015 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:53 pm

ArloNetizen

We were at the Church on Saturday night, what a great show. As always we met some nice people as well. Does Abe ever stop smiling and really enjoying what he does? After watching him for a few minutes, you can't help but feel good.
In prior years at the Church we always ran into a nice lady, Mary (she lives in New York)and her friend Mary. Does anyone know if they are OK or just didn't get there on Saturday?
Don't forget to see Abe and some of the family at the Hilltown Hoot (check Facebook and Google). It's a great time for a worthwhile cause.

Regards,
Bob