Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:28 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
As Patriot Day approaches armed "Militia" who actively denounce "American Democracy" with a stew of quasi-historical myth run amok in America threatening death by martyr worship, e.g. the misunderstood Timothy McVeigh.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/36633900/ns/m ... SZhovnF-So

Is this a healthy situation?


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:56 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7567
heraclitis wrote:
As Patriot Day approaches armed "Militia" who actively denounce "American Democracy" with a stew of quasi-historical myth run amok in America threatening death by martyr worship, e.g. the misunderstood Timothy McVeigh.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/36633900/ns/m ... SZhovnF-So

Is this a healthy situation?


it doesn't sound healthy

please could you expound a bit?

ps: i am not a timothy mcveigh sympathizer


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:59 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
agnes wrote:
heraclitis wrote:
As Patriot Day approaches armed "Militia" who actively denounce "American Democracy" with a stew of quasi-historical myth run amok in America threatening death by martyr worship, e.g. the misunderstood Timothy McVeigh.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/36633900/ns/m ... SZhovnF-So

Is this a healthy situation?


it doesn't sound healthy

please could you expound a bit?

ps: i am not a timothy mcveigh sympathizer


I had friends and family directly affected by what he did

but i saw materials that would redefine his actions

you know terrorism to patriotism kind of thing

lot of camo spotings these days


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:12 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
heraclitis wrote:
agnes wrote:
heraclitis wrote:
As Patriot Day approaches armed "Militia" who actively denounce "American Democracy" with a stew of quasi-historical myth run amok in America threatening death by martyr worship, e.g. the misunderstood Timothy McVeigh.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/36633900/ns/m ... SZhovnF-So

Is this a healthy situation?


it doesn't sound healthy

please could you expound a bit?

ps: i am not a timothy mcveigh sympathizer


I had friends and family directly affected by what he did

but i saw materials that would redefine his actions

you know terrorism to patriotism kind of thing

lot of camo spotings these days



an example of their rhetoric:

"When the lights go out will you be part of the 75 million that will wake up and go to work? Rifle in hand and fire in heart? Will you be the glue? Will you be the Three Percent?"

Does it make you feel warm and fuzzy?


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:51 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7567
so i went looking into that up there to see who it is referring to. and i had not heard of them before. in reading, somewhere i read that that particular group formed toward the end of 2008.

interesting


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:09 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
agnes wrote:
so i went looking into that up there to see who it is referring to. and i had not heard of them before. in reading, somewhere i read that that particular group formed toward the end of 2008.

interesting


It is not racist or intolerant

just a cosmic ripple in the universe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrkwgTBrW78


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:31 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7567
heraclitis wrote:
agnes wrote:
so i went looking into that up there to see who it is referring to. and i had not heard of them before. in reading, somewhere i read that that particular group formed toward the end of 2008.

interesting


It is not racist or intolerant

just a cosmic ripple in the universe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrkwgTBrW78


tell me more, i don't understand


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:50 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7567
heraclitis wrote:
……."Militia" who actively denounce "American Democracy" with a stew of quasi-historical myth run amok in America……..


i think that is significant.

from one of the founders of the group:

"if you need to pigeon hole my politics, i consider myself a christian libertarian. i believe in god, free men, free markets, the rule of law under the founders republic, and that the constitution extends to everyone regardless of race creed color or religion."

and slavery was legal (property), women couldn't vote….oh and what was that thing that happened with the indians and all?


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:14 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2kTT2oJp3w

Revolution Blues Evolution Blues
Bing Bang
carbine on


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:22 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7567
heraclitis wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2kTT2oJp3w

Revolution Blues Evolution Blues
Bing Bang
carbine on


wow, how incredibly…..it sounds very little has changed ?

so many things need to be addressed

(that is the short version)

great song


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:19 pm
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Nov 17, 2012
Posts: 454
Images: 0
Location: Ireland
Such entertaining noise maybe says something about us all, if not all of the time then maybe most of our time? And sure them 'great songs' move us too.......whatever

great song alright


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:20 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7567
woodstock69 wrote:
Such entertaining noise maybe says something about us all, if not all of the time then maybe most of our time? And sure them 'great songs' move us too.......whatever

great song alright


another barrel load of brass and steel. euphemism for: a blunderbuss of b.s.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:22 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
agnes wrote:
woodstock69 wrote:
Such entertaining noise maybe says something about us all, if not all of the time then maybe most of our time? And sure them 'great songs' move us too.......whatever

great song alright


another barrel load of brass and steel. euphemism for: a blunderbuss of b.s.


good song though
originally for good time charlie, but very topical in Syria, Iraq, Sudan, America and the Weimer Republic


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:38 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
DANGER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_NBhz22d3I


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:00 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7567
heraclitis wrote:
agnes wrote:
woodstock69 wrote:
Such entertaining noise maybe says something about us all, if not all of the time then maybe most of our time? And sure them 'great songs' move us too.......whatever

great song alright


another barrel load of brass and steel. euphemism for: a blunderbuss of b.s.


good song though
originally for good time charlie, but very topical in Syria, Iraq, Sudan, America and the Weimer Republic


i agree about the song (good one), as i already said here

agnes wrote:
heraclitis wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2kTT2oJp3w

Revolution Blues Evolution Blues
Bing Bang
carbine on


wow, how incredibly…..it sounds very little has changed ?

so many things need to be addressed

(that is the short version)

great song


and as i said also, i had never heard of the group you mentioned up there (at the start of the thread) before, but then i went to hear a bit more from them and then you posted the song and it was like it could have been written today,,,or yesterday….give or take…as well (at least parts of it in the political sense?)

i must confess though, i am not really sure who "good time charlie" is "officially" supposed to be ?

will catch up on your other clip in a bit, thanks for posting it.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group