Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:57 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

“Illusion is the first of all pleasures.”

and there was me thinking imagination followed by sex was the First of all (guilty) pleasures including the illusion our existence here is precious and this planet is precious when in reality some existence here is more precious than others here and some of this planet is more precious than the sum of all its parts.

Like innocent Israelis and Palestinians are both equally human, equally deserving and off course equally precious, but maybe a little less so to each other when it comes to peace, goodwill and justice. Our 'existence' including our shared human past is only precious illusion, maybe even a wee game of natural selective 'chess'. (god only knows i suppose!)

Happy the end of Days

There are much better realities to seek and ponder - maybe not?

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:30 pm

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:
woodstock69 wrote:

"our existence here is precious, this planet is precious." Agnes

the context from which it came:

http://arlo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f= ... 82#p476982

that we are even here is an amazing thing. seeing how badly humans can treat one another,,,i think we (even as mere humans) are capable of better.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:03 am

Arlo Fanatic

woodstock69 wrote:

and there was me thinking imagination followed by sex was the First of all (guilty) pleasures including the illusion our existence here is precious and this planet is precious when in reality some existence here is more precious than others here and some of this planet is more precious than the sum of all its parts.

Like innocent Israelis and Palestinians are both equally human, equally deserving and off course equally precious, but maybe a little less so to each other when it comes to peace, goodwill and justice. Our 'existence' including our shared human past is only precious illusion, maybe even a wee game of natural selective 'chess'. (god only knows i suppose!)

Happy the end of Days

Again I don't know what the hell you are trying to say? Some magical mystial crap as it ends with god only knows and happy the end days which sounds like apocalyptic nonsense to me?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:27 am

Arlo Fanatic

Hope could be mistaken for an illusion today. The people who I have seen in my travels who understood what I was about, knew I was out to breed hope for a better day.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:04 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

heraclitis wrote:
woodstock69 wrote:

Happy the end of Days

Again I don't know what the hell you are trying to say? Some magical mystial crap as it ends with god only knows and happy the end days which sounds like apocalyptic nonsense to me?

'hell'..? How about Better Days ahead H? How about seeking and pondering ways and paths. (No magic, No mystic butt perhaps 'crap')
"Holiness, sacredness, enlightenment, bliss, love, compassion, surrender and a sense of humor; all these come moment by moment, inch by inch and mile after mile." - ADG. :wink:

Last edited by woodstock69 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:16 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

agnes wrote:
agnes wrote:
woodstock69 wrote:

that we are even here is an amazing thing. seeing how badly humans can treat one another,,,i think we (even as mere humans) are capable of better.

Again Agnes, we continue to reach agreement within your own wee words and hears hoping my wee noggin grasped your contexuals the way you think?

Awlful news coming out from Paris. Twelve civilians butchered and others wounded by murdering fanatical excuses for Muslims, if in fact that's what they are? Free speech should be cherished by the free people of peace anf goodwill not matter color, creed or even none. You are 100% on the ball Agnes with the above. Maybe we should even start the ball rolling right here in the Dump and begin the better way. (Think big start Small!) :?:

Peace and goodwill to the Better Seekers

Last edited by woodstock69 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:29 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

leoburg wrote:
Hope could be mistaken for an illusion today. The people who I have seen in my travels who understood what I was about, knew I was out to breed hope for a better day.

Hope for a better day is the illusion that belongs to all people of goodwill Leo. Maybe such a 'better day' would begin if each of us imagined 'better' moments right here and now in our present day. Its appears most difficult to find a base point from which to build our lego blocks on? And to find such a Rock rather than the shifting sands of one's free thinking notions which grab our imaginations rather than our togetherness. (The monsters are real but we have the were-for-all to defeat them together if only....)

Peace and goodwill

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:43 pm

Arlo Fanatic

My monsters are all wrapped up in Club 40's back home, and after summer of 2012 trip, where told to leave Belgium and Marie came for 3 weeks and we married, they are all my friends again now, even if 1 does not know it. 57 age may be catching up to my legs born in 57. Might have over stretched from short walks in cold cloudy days 90% off the time.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:24 pm

Arlo Fanatic

woodstock69 wrote:
Awlful news coming out from Paris. Twelve civilians butchered and others wounded by murdering fanatical excuses for Muslims, if in fact that's what they are?

perhaps we could again look to the holy books (in the case of muslims, the quran) to see where believers might base such kinds of actions. ( whether or not in this case these were muslim terrorists, i haven't yet heard enough to know)

from the quran: (surah)

"9:111 Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah ? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph."

to quote again, from the radio piece link contained in the post linked below :

agnes wrote:
agnes wrote:
woodstock69 wrote:

(in this case, the bible being referred to) "we either believe it, or we don't believe it, and if we believe it, we're gonna do it."

Last edited by agnes on Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:27 pm

Arlo Fanatic

heraclitis wrote:
woodstock69 wrote:

Happy the end of Days

you are not alone. again, i don't know what he is trying to say either.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:03 am

Arlo Fanatic

woodstock69 wrote:
'hell'..? How about Better Days ahead H? How about seeking and pondering ways and paths. (No magic, No mystic butt perhaps 'crap')
"Holiness, sacredness, enlightenment, bliss, love, compassion, surrender and a sense of humor; all these come moment by moment, inch by inch and mile after mile." - ADG. :wink:

So you know a man who knows a man who saw a man who met a woman who knew a man that can guide me on this path?

Sounds kind of silly to me? I am perfectly happy finding my own path without preaching hatred and division, thank you very much!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:39 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

No problem H.

"I am Charlie." We are 'Charlie'. :!: :!: :!: :!:

May Peace and Goodwill accompany you on your pathways

http://youtu.be/VKiwqHYtrbQ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Arlo Fanatic

woodstock69 wrote:
No problem H.

while my approach may tend to be a little different ?

when i consider how my pointing out any correlation between holy books and bigotry and violence of all sorts and how it has been so marginalized (as it has been by most who post here it seems, for instance), i can see how a person might want to go a bit "over the top" (referring to the satirical publication) to get people's attentions ? and to get them to think ? in the hopes of moving in a more positive direction?

or as heraclitis put it :

heraclitis wrote:
The world is not a cartoon with wee little leprechuans and unicorns. It is a dying opportunity for the human race and continued religious stupidity will bring on the apocalypse religious people want so badly!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:54 am

Arlo Fanatic

woodstock69 wrote:
No problem H.

Again I am confused about what you are implying here as:

I agree with Cartoonists and what they were saying with their sarcasm.
I agree with Phillip up to the point where he is sorry for the "good moslems".

Obviously (as I have made very clear), I don't believe in "good moslems, good christians or good jews"
I hold believers accountable for their gods. That is the point!

I am not going to throw stones or kill anybody or anything.
But like "Charlie" I express my opinion!

In the other link where the reporter said goes beyond separation of church and state in America..
I disagree with that as there is no separation of church and state in America. The supreme court has endorsed the fallacy of separation of church and state in America repeatedly and nobody seems to give a shit!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:10 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I don't mind being attacked for the following dream of mine since before the 2008 economic meltdown. It's understandable why the Bible can turn people off.

My dream is to fulfill Isaiah 23:17-18 and 24:21-24 where the kings of the earth are thrown in jail and the profits of this Beautiful Planet are used for food and fine clothing for those who need it. Then we can have that big party of Isaiah 25, where we Celebrate Thanks Giving Diners of being passed over the insanity of our times.. That will be when the veil will be lifted from all nations eyes, and they understand what they have never heard before.-That last part about understanding has to be what is meant, at the end of Isaiah 52.

Sadly as Jeremiah 23 talks of, "From the prophets of Jerusalem (and now the church I may add.) pollution has spread throughout the world. And since we can find in Jer. 23:20 in the latter days it will be understood, that chapter applies as much now as back then. That chapter is a huge rebuke at religious leaders who are leading people into futility and profit them nothing.