Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post subject: Thanksgiving 2014
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:29 am

The Folkslinger

Wow... So much snow here at The Farm before Thanksgiving is rare! There looks to be close to two feet of snow on the ground this morning, Thanksgiving Day. I am in my usual place this morning, at my desk looking eastward at the rising sun. My thoughts and memories captivate me. But before they get too far along, I want to take a moment to express my personal thanks to everyone who visits this site from time to time, as well as the many others who visit the other homes we have on the internet.

Of course nothing beats being actually somewhere, so I'm heading over to The Church to help out our beloved volunteers who will serve a real "Thanksgiving Dinner that couldn't be beat..." to anyone who shows up (although calling ahead is recommended).

I love this day - any day - where most folks put aside their differences and just enjoy the company of others while we all have a good time around a table with food. And remember there are others who can't. It's a good day to be thankful.

The family and I will head down to New York for our annual show at Carnegie Hall the Saturday after Thanksgiving. It's a special time for us. We haven't had more than a couple of shows all together this last year... Too much going on. But I'll end my touring schedule for this year 2014 with the entire family (well most of 'em).

Keep The Faith... And best wishes to all of you for a wonderful winter wherever you are, and hoping that after the holiday season we can welcome the new year with all our hopes and dreams intact. There's a world awaiting us and I am eager to help keep it going...

Much Love,
adg

Post subject: Re: Thanksgiving 2014
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:41 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Thanks for helping me keep the faith! Much Love :-)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:27 am

Arlo Fanatic

Happy Thanksgiving and lots of love to you and yours, Arlo!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:01 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Thank You Arlo, your very welcome. I love to read the posts and take solace in sharing music.

I hope you had a wonderful Thanks Giving and enjoy your show with your family.

Love and Hugs
Me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:58 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Hey adg, Happy Thanksgiving from DownUnder. Love and Hug to you from Louise. :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:06 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Happy Holidays to you and yours, ADG! Hoping to see you in Gainesville, FL in January.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:56 pm

ArloNetizen

Enjoy your free time, Arlo. Not saying that time is free, but...well, you know. :)
I saw some of John C's great pictures of Carnegie Hall and the tree lighting. I always wish I could get to those events. Your family is beautiful and talented, but you know that already! You have a pretty special life. I love that you are on the planet giving some of yourself to the rest of us.