Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:20 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

leoburg wrote:
Here is a video which starts out speaking about what kind of songs he would sing. Those that gave you pride in the little things were the ones he sang. Though probably much more than that.

http://youtu.be/h-aeweP-BFU?list=PL084C8F4FADBCAAAA

Here is a real life story of 70 grand of words, of travels around the states of confusion from 94 and ending in Memphis which will cost them cash for the finish, where many are set up. A Maverick Pool and 3-cushion theme behind travels as an IBEW Wirenut out on the road during the good times, and a couple of trips by cars and hitching spreading seeds all along the road. (Fastest its 70,000 words could be read is a week end, and keep the political rock and roll videos up full blast.

http://leoburg9.wordpress.com/2014/03/2 ... to-anyone/

One con James Garner sets up is a 3-cushion match down south between be a a jerk Ray, who ripped off a dear friend while he was at the time getting paid by the friend John. But there are 2 Rays down south from Worcester

County and more set ups to happen to those in charge of creating the trash. Set up the games Jim. We are going to be ready. We will see who the local hustlers are.

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/1970740_10203176634551280_2065862508767644080_n.jpg?oh=4b8066d48c5589415e7c3bce401797d0&oe=54429165

Well not as I wanted the photo of an older Maverich but if you click on it, the photo will come up.

Really loved the 'Rockford Files' which usually ended up nicely. ( Will check out the a/m links Leo when time is on my side Leo)

Peace and a big James Garner smile :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:24 pm

Arlo Fanatic

woodstock69 wrote:
agnes wrote:
meanwhile in africa, ebola has been rearing its ugly head….

i think we humans need to get our priorities straight!

Yes! And who would have thought US citizens would fall victim to this deadly enemy of all humanity.

yes, recently in the news i heard about the americans that were infected….but i posted about this some time back in april as well, just so you know!

over on the stuff about stuff thread:

agnes wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wir ... 0-23421812

i wish we humans could find it more important to spend more of our time and resources researching, understanding, and finding remedies for these types of things, rather than having them usurped for….so much destructiveness, involving war and power for instance

when you click on the link however, i don't see the article now, but if you hold the cursor over the link you can see the name of the article included in the web address in the status bar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:06 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

agnes wrote:
woodstock69 wrote:
agnes wrote:
meanwhile in africa, ebola has been rearing its ugly head….

i think we humans need to get our priorities straight!

Yes! And who would have thought US citizens would fall victim to this deadly enemy of all humanity.

yes, recently in the news i heard about the americans that were infected….but i posted about this some time back in april as well, just so you know!

over on the stuff about stuff thread:

agnes wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wir ... 0-23421812

i wish we humans could find it more important to spend more of our time and resources researching, understanding, and finding remedies for these types of things, rather than having them usurped for….so much destructiveness, involving war and power for instance

when you click on the link however, i don't see the article now, but if you hold the cursor over the link you can see the name of the article included in the web address in the status bar

"So now our fruit has finally come to fall, and time has ripened this eternal moment for us all. The shadows filled with former fears are swept away as if the howling winds of night have ceased to play before the dawn's early light." - ADG

I agree with you re above and it was that Hollywood film with Dustin Hoffman ("Outbreak") that was just another pointer that we all as human beings need to move towards cooperation with each other. The likes of Ebola exist in nature for some reason or other but apparently such life is at 'war' with humanity as has been the case and humanity has succeeded in eliminating similar threats but perhaps in doing so we have opened a 'Pandora's box' of super-duper 'bug's that are taking us on. Humanity seems to have chosen a path of trying to master Nature but as we are all naturally dust, Nature is 'god' and one way or another shall win out.

This thread is "Israel/Palestine" and tonight fellow human beings are dying and being maimed, children are beholding a side to humanity that no one should have to witness, let alone suffer and die from.

Israel and the Palestinian people are again at a crossroads where hatred, war, peace and goodwill meet. I believe that we are witnessing a crossroad of choice and can only hope that for the future generations the right path will be chosen by those of goodwill. I also think that we are going to witness another 'Front' opening up that has the potential to shock like never before. That 'Front' will decide the future for those living in the present.

Lets hope that women and men of goodwill shall prevail and it is possible still but for how long?

We all have choices to make. I choose life, peace and goodwill to Israel and a new Palestinian State that will eventually come together, as equals and with guarantees. The alternative is Hell on earth - business as usual!

I happen to be on this site because a US citizen called Arlo Guthrie brought me a little peace and goodwill from America. That was his choice!

"So now our fruit has finally come to fall, and time has ripened this eternal moment for us all. The shadows filled with former fears are swept away as if the howling winds of night have ceased to play before the dawn's early light." - ADG

Joe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:07 pm

Arlo Fanatic

woodstock69 wrote:
I agree with you re above and it was that Hollywood film with Dustin Hoffman ("Outbreak") that was just another pointer that we all as human beings need to move towards cooperation with each other. The likes of Ebola exist in nature for some reason or other but apparently such life is at 'war' with humanity as has been the case and humanity has succeeded in eliminating similar threats but perhaps in doing so we have opened a 'Pandora's box' of super-duper 'bug's that are taking us on. Humanity seems to have chosen a path of trying to master Nature but as we are all naturally dust, Nature is 'god' and one way or another shall win out.

i guess there is always a balance that needs to be struck

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:39 am

Senior ArloNetizen

"i guess there is always a balance that needs to be struck"

Says WHO ?/?

"Sometimes I wish that I didn't have to use so many words to say so little." - ADG

Peace, Goodwill and Tainted love to all the dust blowing in our wind

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:17 pm

Arlo Fanatic

woodstock69 wrote:
"i guess there is always a balance that needs to be struck"

Says WHO ?/?

"Sometimes I wish that I didn't have to use so many words to say so little." - ADG

Peace, Goodwill and Tainted love to all the dust blowing in our wind

what?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:09 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

The World Health Organization does: who, what, where and even how but countries still do what they decide in their own best interests, of course. So I agree with 'balance' needing to be 'struck' but that's nearly always the sane thing to do but living in a world where the 'unseen' is held in much higher esteem than what we can actually see with our own eyes. More and more we seem to be living in a space in time where many see what they want to believe rather than be who they ought to be.
The fundamental extremist demands. "What! You don't believe my truth? My 'truth' comes from a 'higher authority' so you better believe or else…." WHO gently anounces to humanity that we as a species have a wee deadly enemy (among many) that someone labelled 'Ebola' that is a clear and present danger but humanity just continues to do what it has perfected. WHO needs Ebola when we got civilisation! The ongoing conflicts in such places as Africa and the bloody Middle East that we see, hear and sometimes even talk about are just a drop in the ocean. Future strife and wars will not just be about land, 'god, oil or even drinkable water. It may just be about fighting over the very air that we pollute with the others that inhabit earth alongside us mere mortals.

Humanity has always been found wanting but maybe enough is enough this time?

There is no more time to ponder the news anymore, not when humanity is old news!

The 'middle' in the Middle East appears to be evaporating along with our humanity….

Not what but when? Lets hope that the insanity of self-inflicted autisticism's will be cured by sane people of peace, goodwill and understanding led by leaders who will be strong and courageous for future sakes. Leaders who shall indeed strike a balance rather than strike for themselves! And surely goodness and mercy shall flow instead of the blood of all the innocents.

PEACE & GOODWILL (We all have our own definitions of 'LOVE') but that too to you….

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:35 pm

Arlo Fanatic

The elite are in the process of destroying themselves by breaking the backs of the people.-paraphrased

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:55 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

leoburg wrote:
The elite are in the process of destroying themselves by breaking the backs of the people.-paraphrased

We are more than the elite if we want to be. We can be much more if we decide to be…..

Just got around to the threads you posted earlier Michael. Thanks for the JG photo which brings back happy memories at a time when it was good to 'escape' the 'Troubles' in Ireland that were a part of my life then.

The music/songs are a treat for both of us and they are much of what my darling wife introduced me to. (good stuff!)
But I admit to just persuing through your chapters but intend to give them some time. Amazing who you find in Arlo's Dump and that's an understatement.

Peace and Love to you and your family

Joe
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:18 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Israel has just announced the calling up of more reservists and asking the US for more ammo!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:35 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Arlo just had a post on Facebook about the Middle East. Something like with drawing from looking for political or military solutions for 50 or 99 years and invest heavily on rebuilding all of their cultures to they can have prosperity.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:22 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

leoburg wrote:
Arlo just had a post on Facebook about the Middle East. Something like with drawing from looking for political or military solutions for 50 or 99 years and invest heavily on rebuilding all of their cultures to they can have prosperity.

I read the note from Arlo on FB and am one with most of it but I don't believe the ME and world as we know it can either wait that long or that either side would agree. Don't think it a question of money, resources or the urgent need for the promise of equal prosperity. Rather, it well over due for a building of trust among the leadership of not just both the Palestinian and Israeli Peoples but all the People's of the Book and all of goodwill who live in and around the 'Land of milk and honey'.

I believe that its a choice of a real and lasting peace with justice, equality and above all forgiveness. That such an agreement will include a two state solution and that the international community and real friends of peace and goodwill on both sides will endorse this kind of dispensation with not just solid guarantees but will help finance same for the prosperity of all their kids. I am not a pacifist and believe that other elements will have to be agreed to be taken on by both sides as well bringing their neighbours to peace and prosperity along with them. Arlo is right when he writes about the goodness within their differing traditions as we have experienced such in the past over there.

The alternative can be observed in Syria, Iraq and the Leb. These countries and their Peoples are beautiful but this time around the People of peace and goodwill should rally around them before they continue to become even more Hell on earth for the innocent. Past mistakes should not be an excuse for washing our hands but rather the sacrifice made by the bold and the brave who along with their loved ones paid too costly a price for a lie. This time Peace and prosperity should be built on the truth that we care but that we care for the right reasons - The betterment of all our children and the human generations to come.

Having been on a tour of duty with the UN in Iraq (UNIIMOG) during 1989 I had the privilege of meeting Iraqi Shia, Sunni and Christian folk who even under Saddam could smile and talk together. Some of my comrades witnessed the aftermath of Saddam's killing of the innocent Kurdish men, women and children so I am glad he got his just reward. Nomatter what American folks think of President Obama, I for one believe that his heart (and head!) is in the right place along with the many others around this wee spinning spaceship of ours who believe in peace and goodwill among the nations.

Such a goal demands trust and perhaps even more sacrifice from the bold and the brave 'ordinary' folks but it also demands leaders who shall not just be of 'Joshua' hearts but more importantly the loving 'Nehemiah' builder types and we may even need to support them even if we happen to be on the other side of the fence.

Anyway, that's another load of my mind! Flush it where you will…..but don't forget that "Shit makes the flowers grow" (Don't you think?) I just love that song and don't forget the bog roll! :wink: :roll: :!:

"Sometimes I am afraid of being Me." - ADG (me tooooos….)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:36 pm

Arlo Fanatic

John Perkins' Confessions of an Economic Hit Man is a good read to see how US Foreign Policy is run. Saddam was no where near a saint, but those in the know knew Iraq, with its different sects took an iron fist to run. And I believe the CIA stirred up both Libya and Syria, as $5 billion was also poured into Ukraine to overthrow that country as well. When America is the example its meant to be, of how things are done right, it will fulfill it's calling it has missed since WW2.

"Drunk in a land of material wealth nobody can notice you falling. Fantastic flights once good for your health now make you deaf to your calling. And all alone the prophets groan with words as yet unseen."-adg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:29 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

leoburg wrote:
John Perkins' Confessions of an Economic Hit Man is a good read to see how US Foreign Policy is run. Saddam was no where near a saint, but those in the know knew Iraq, with its different sects took an iron fist to run. And I believe the CIA stirred up both Libya and Syria, as $5 billion was also poured into Ukraine to overthrow that country as well. When America is the example its meant to be, of how things are done right, it will fulfill it's calling it has missed since WW2.

"Drunk in a land of material wealth nobody can notice you falling. Fantastic flights once good for your health now make you deaf to your calling. And all alone the prophets groan with words as yet unseen."-adg

But what are you saying about America? The Clintons & co had a real influence re the 'Peace Process' in Ireland and President Clinton 'walked the walk'. America, warts and all, is a better bet than most other nations. It should be looking after its own first but you are on the ball concerning the ME. The powers that be, meddled in something that gave birth to the potential of nuts such as ISIS & Co. They thought they could westernise Iraq and weaken Iran!
I kind of think that when that didn't work, same as in Syria, Libya and other hostile hot spots the old Brit strategy of 'Divide and Conquer' was activated and that has probably worked in Israel's favour but it has come at a very high price and more blood is going to be sacrificed in order to reach their goal. As I keep on repeating, What is happening in the ME is someone's grand idea of sorting out the mess that the West created. Israel will deplete if not defeat Hamas leaving the Palestinian authority to eventually take control of Gaza and the 'Two State Solution' will be back on the table supported by the UN and the rest. Then Iraq and Syria will be tackled and just watch this space to see how quick they sort out ISIS & Co. when the (their) time is right. The innocent men, women and children in all these countries are just fodder to the powers that be. They are just 'Collateral Damage' in simple terms.
If they don't sort out the mess soon I believe it will explode in all our faces. You are right re America playing its part but this time the US is going to send lots of missiles, drones and all the other stuff and probably get paid in oil.
I regret to say that if this kinda goes the way i "predict" it may just make for a better future or it may just be that we happen to be living in the biblical 'End Times'. And in that case 'God' only knows what's next??

Peace and best wishes to you and all our fellow time travellers visiting and just looking on. :wink:

There more of us than them that hate so lets make LOVE or even more?

"All I know is that without you, I am without me." - ADG

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:14 pm

Arlo Fanatic

John Perkins exposing why terrorist are terrorist: they are desperate people who got ripped off.

A short cartoon video by John Perkins, of America's Imperialistic-Corporate Foreign Policy which I will never support.

http://youtu.be/m-dsiufhMu0

The US had no reason to go into Iraq except for oil profits, the same can be said of bombing Libya back to the stone age.

But hey... as the cluster f$%ck goes on, keep your eyes on Ethiopia, for if it erupts, it will be 3 out of 3 of the appointed time in Daniel 11:40-45, when a little while latter those with insight shall shine brightly on our TV sets and straighten out much. The TV is the powers of heaven to be shaken in Matthew 24:29. That is when the Rock and Roll Bands will take over what is viewed on the TV.