Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:10 pm

The Folkslinger

Well, here we are sometime in May 2014 and the "Here Come The Kid(s) Tour" is winding down. It's been one of the longest tours (almost 2 years) that I've ever done since we began naming the tours years and years ago. It was so long that we had time to record the tour and have it available as a CD even before the tour ended. That was a first. Not a bad CD either (even I like it). This Woody Guthrie Centennial Celebration tour will end within a few weeks, closing at The Ark in Ann Arbor, MI May 14th & 15th.

Most of all the remaining gigs in 2014 are a non-congruous continuation of our "Arlo Guthrie Solo Reunion Tour - Together At Last." And much of the summer will be spent preparing for the "Alice's Restaurant 50th Tour" beginning in January 2015. I generally don't like preparing so far in advance, but there's just no time otherwise available.

With that said, it's been a wonderful two year trek around the world these last couple of years - Sometimes with the entire family, sometimes solo, and ending with Abe Guthrie, Terry Ala Berry & Bobby Sweet onstage - along with Bruce Clapper (sound etc), Lynn Bartolotta (hauling us) and Serena Guthrie (merch). What a great crew! So thanks to you all and to all of you that came out to the gigs. Without your interest and support I'd be home doing something else, probably not having as much fun - well, maybe - Maybe not.

The "Alice Tour" will run a little shorter than the current tour - About a year and a half, and that'll be long enough to get us around the country and maybe other parts of the known universe. But, I'm not thinking about it until it gets closer to reality. There's enough to think of just preparing for the "Solo Tour" coming right up.

I don't imagine I'll get to do another tour with so many of my fathers songs again. I'll be leaving that to others. Sometimes it's good to just let go of the world and enjoy the natural progression of things. There will always be more to do, and if it's helpful or useful someone will do it. For me, It has been a great joy to be a link in a long chain.

ONWARD!
adg

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:49 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Great job g. Thanks for the good times. <3

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 4:01 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Hope you make it across the pond Arlo, Arlo really wants to come and see you. Have a rest in the mean time, you deserve it.

Me

P.S if it will sway your decision, to come to the Dance House again or any where in Manchester, I'll bring you another Beer, or even Two :)

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 7:08 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Hey adg, glad you're having fun! Take care. LOVE and HUG from Louise.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:53 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Hope to see you in Hampton next yr. Have a good summer. Love and hugs. :)

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 3:48 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Wishing you a wonderful spring and summer, Lilacs, The Indian ..... and maybe (I am following Beverly's wish) you will make it over the pond. :).

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:39 am

BlunderVirgin

Hi Arlo,
happy to read that you are still touring - Constantin Wecker told me about that last week (but he also mentioned that you are more active with bees than with music - this was over the edge spoken, wasn't it?).
Now I found your site :D that leads to the question:
Will the AlRest-tour include Munich, Germany or some other European spot? Would be a big joy here.
Many thanks & best regards
Vi

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:30 am

Arlo Fanatic

He needs to come to Richmond, VA. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:53 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Would really like to see him in Annapolis Md. at the Rams Head Tavern .(hint,hint) :lol: