Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:43 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Thoughts and prayers continue to flow.Sometimes all you can give are love and comfort, but when you realize that love and comfort are everything, they flow in both directions.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:46 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Love and prayers from here.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:43 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Hey Arlo, Blundervibes and love from me to you, Jackie and all the family.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:44 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Thanks so much for the update hon. Love and prayers to you Jackie and the family. We are all rooting for her to get better soon and have a miracle. Prayers just said and healing vibes sent.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:18 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Arlo, you have such a wonderful way with words. With every streak I wish for Jackie to be better and my thoughts and prayers go out to her and the whole family.
Love and Peace
Brigitte

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:35 am

Arlo Fanatic

Love and hugs; I'm holding you, Jackie and your family in my heart.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:58 pm

Arlo Fanatic

love

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:26 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
Peace, love, prayers, and blundervibes sent from from central
Florida to Sebastian.....I miss you Arlo and all of your family..... I hope God gives Jackie the best care and that she gets better soon, she is a wonderful person and deserves the best.

All of my love,
{{{{HUGS}}}}
Lorie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:55 am

Arlo Fanatic

More prayers said and sent. Hugs. :)

Post subject: sad news
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:08 am

ArloNetizen

My condolences go to the Guthrie family upon hearing the sad news about their mom, Jackie...she did a fantastic job in raising four wonderful grown children...I wish her the best and she will be in my heart and prayers...

Karen

Post subject: Re: sad news
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:29 pm

ArloNetizen

So sorry to hear. My heart goes out to Arlo and his children.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:55 pm

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
We have had a lot to be thankful for over the years and decades and everyone in the family counts our friends here among them. You're the best bunch of funny wonderful and crazy people we know. We love you all. We arrived in our little town of Sebastian where we are working with friends and docs who are giving Jackie the best shot they've got. T-Shirt Cathy and Hot-Pepper Bill set up a little room in the house that was so beautiful that Jackie was in tears just seeing what they'd done. As usual I'm up very early and have just had a cup of java while waiting for the new day to begin. Everyday counts, every sunrise another moment to be thankful. When every glance, and every word could be the last thing someone sees or hears, well naturally, you tend to be a little more worth paying attention to. We learned that decades ago when we visited the sick and dying in the places we went with our wonderful guru and friend, Ma Jaya Sati Bhagavati. We kept that in mind for every gig we ever did and most of the things I ever wrote or said. Not always (we're not that good). And today we have friends from all over the world who are writing and reaching out to us with a kind word or thoughtful prayer. And all we can do is say 'Thank You.'

I just saw this post thanks to Dave. I wish there were something I could do to help. I feel so helpless... all my love to Jackie, you, and the whole family.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:20 am

Arlo Fanatic

Amen sister. More prayers just said. Love and hugs.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:52 pm

BlunderVirgin

My heart goes out to you. Prayers, positive thoughts, and blundervibes are being sent from Hibbing, Minnesota, for Jackie and her Guthrie Family. (((Gentle Hugs))), too.
My love and His peace always,
Barbara Morris
(Blundering Boo)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:32 am

The W!zard

Latest update...

Dear Friends,
An Update:

We thank you for all the thoughts and prayers coming our way, although we hope you will try to restrain yourselves from posting them publicly. We have no way to respond at this time.

Jackie is fighting for her life at this point. She is continually surrounded by her family. She has good days and bad days. The hospitals and doctors she has seen are trying their best to deal not only with her particular situation, but with her family as we are totally out of the box when it comes to health care.

When one of every two men, and one of every three women in America are likely to have cancer, something is terribly wrong with the way things are. Jackie has been the best advocate for rectifying that situation for years. Her posts are everywhere throughout the internet warning against vaccines, fluoride, unhealthy GM foods and a host of other concerns.

Like so many others, Jackie is beyond the ability of regular docs and hospitals to help, except to make her comfortable with pain management etc. So naturally, being who she is, she stopped taking the pain meds, and ripped off the patches that made her groggy opting to actually recover and not just sink into a deeper sleep. We understand she may not recover from this but no one in this family is going to sleep without a fight. We are treating her with therapies to help her recover. It may not work, but we've never been known for going along with the system, so we're giving it our best and we are all agreed that there's nothing to lose.

After laying in hospital beds for the last few weeks unable to walk, we got her home where she began sneaking out of bed on her own. She cast aside the wheel chair, then the walker and was caught roaming by herself on numerous occasions. She was supposed to have someone with her at all times, but you can't always do what you're supposed to do.

That's the update.

We are all doing our part to help. My job is to be out here on the road for now. I am in constant touch with everyone - gotta love the new tech stuff.

Also please note that while some of you have requested autographs, offers for gigs, or visits to help you with your favorite charities, etc., we do not function through FaceBook for any of those things. We do not do any business through social network sites. The Guthrie family is currently busy with matters that are very important to us. If you need something from any of us, please go through the regular channels or forget about it.

Lots of love to you and yours... As Usual,
adg & The Guthrie Family