Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:11 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Goofus wrote:
Actually Doc, I think you're nuts.

Actually, I think guys like you drove James Holmes nuts... drove Eric Harris and Dillon Kliebold nuts... are truly responsible for the Virginia Tech massacre... on and on.

Oops! Sorry, Goof. I made a post to you that's longer than 8 words...

You'll get over it.

In 5 or 10 years, though, when those 1%ers become 10%ers, I bet you don't get over that.

I'm not like James Holmes. I know I'm reaching out to pretty much illiterates. I'm just biding my time till nature takes its course.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:42 pm

Arlo Fanatic

DrCharbonneau wrote:
Goofus wrote:
Actually Doc, I think you're nuts.

Actually, I think guys like you drove James Holmes nuts... drove Eric Harris and Dillon Kliebold nuts... are truly responsible for the Virginia Tech massacre... on and on.

Oops! Sorry, Goof. I made a post to you that's longer than 8 words...

You'll get over it.

In 5 or 10 years, though, when those 1%ers become 10%ers, I bet you don't get over that.

I'm not like James Holmes. I know I'm reaching out to pretty much illiterates. I'm just biding my time till nature takes its course.

Odd turn?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:04 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Probably the right turn, Clyde :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:42 pm

Arlo Fanatic

DrCharbonneau wrote:
Probably the right turn, Clyde :D

It is certainly a scary turn! Maybe you don't realize how you are interacting here? Not making a lot of friends.

I understand that we don't understand your particular vision of the world, but, it's cool man! relax a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:27 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Heraclitis,

I'm as relaxed as a curly lock on straightener.

What you just said is likely the most honest bit of progress thus far. Has anyone thought of trying to be friends with me?

It would seem my words are generally twisted during the uptake. I can appreciate someone saying they can't understand something. By no mean does that mean it's wrong. That simply means serious, civil minded questions can clear up mistunderstandings, but calling me nuts? That's just asking for a rude rebutt.

We started discussing what was wrong with the Republican candidates' platform. It's a proliferous type of discussion, meaning it will spawn other side discussions. One such discussion has actually been touched on in another thread.

The higher study and manufacturing of criminal justice experts. Probability studies more than suggest this will be a much more needed issue of debate than even healthcare and medicare redistributions. In five years the crime waves will make the Colorado shootings, meaning all of them, seem like awalk in the park. In ten years we will have no rights to protect ourselves.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:56 pm

Arlo Fanatic

You want intelligent discourse doc? So do I. But you can't have it both ways - you accuse others of "attacking" you with insults while you attack others with insults. You cannot graciously accept disagreement or constructive criticism of your statements........because you believe that only you have access to [the] "facts" and [the] "truth." You can't have it both ways. Intelligent discourse requires an open mind of [i][b]all[/b][/i] participants. If anyone calls you out on an issue, or mis-statement, you immediately go offensive rather than rationally defend your position. You can't ALWAYS be right doc. No one can. When you first joined up here I was fascinated by some of the things you described; but trying to question you about details was like questioning the dogma of a religious faith. H called you out on one thing (I don't remember exactly what) early on and you spent pages attacking him for focusing on "one little thing." You have articulated derogatory assumptions about Gus, Agnes and myself when you don't really know anything about us. You have yet to state, even once, that you might be wrong about anything, or engage in a civil manner with anyone who disagrees with you. When you behave like this, the behavior overshadows the positive things you might have to say. You could use a major lesson in humility.......it would make your ideas so much more interesting. Just a thought - just a piece of constructive criticism. I hope you will respond accordingly in the same spirit of intelligent discourse.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:50 am

Senior ArloNetizen

nortonkevin wrote:
You want intelligent discourse doc? So do I. But you can't have it both ways - you accuse others of "attacking" you with insults while you attack others with insults. You cannot graciously accept disagreement or constructive criticism of your statements........because you believe that only you have access to [the] "facts" and [the] "truth." You can't have it both ways. Intelligent discourse requires an open mind of all participants. If anyone calls you out on an issue, or mis-statement, you immediately go offensive rather than rationally defend your position. You can't ALWAYS be right doc. No one can. When you first joined up here I was fascinated by some of the things you described; but trying to question you about details was like questioning the dogma of a religious faith. H called you out on one thing (I don't remember exactly what) early on and you spent pages attacking him for focusing on "one little thing." You have articulated derogatory assumptions about Gus, Agnes and myself when you don't really know anything about us. You have yet to state, even once, that you might be wrong about anything, or engage in a civil manner with anyone who disagrees with you. When you behave like this, the behavior overshadows the positive things you might have to say. You could use a major lesson in humility.......it would make your ideas so much more interesting. Just a thought - just a piece of constructive criticism. I hope you will respond accordingly in the same spirit of intelligent discourse.

You show me where I've drawn first blood.

Just like right now. You're dogging me with DESTRUCTIVE criticism, likely because you don't know what constructive criticism really is, and, in doing so put me on the defense.

I didn't choose a career path that would make me the enemy as you have. Anyone going into crime fighting, especially at the doctorate level, will HAVE to carve a niche for themselves. That means actually developing work for themselves by creating new breeds of criminals. No different than a physicist has to discover his metaphorical Illudium P238 Explosive Space Modulator to get a Nobel or even keep his job.

If you choose a career that enslaves you to the food chain, you will step on someone's toes to get to the top. Especially in playing cops and robbers. Why else would crooks be going higher tech all the time?

To make it short: Your entire attack on me is wrong. Of course this is the Group W Bench...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:59 am

Arlo Fanatic

Here's another perfect example of you assuming to know everything - go back and read my disclosure a little more thoroughly. I said dual degree in Social Work and Criminal Justice. And you grab a hold of that information and now proclaim me to be a "crime fightin' guy" and "working for the enemy." I am a clinical therapist who works mainly with clients who have been caught up in the criminal justice system. I advocate for those busted for offenses involving drugs and/or alcohol to have an opportunity to enter substance abuse or chemical dependency treatment rather than be incarcerated. The majority of my clients are not criminals, but rather, suffer from a disease. Just thought I'd mention it 'cuz I didn't want you to suffer the burden of knowing it all again and again. I swear doc, you are really quite full of yourself. And your misguided interpretation of my career and reactionary response illutrates in this dialogue and others what an ignorant twit you are.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:22 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

nortonkevin wrote:
Here's another perfect example of you assuming to know everything - go back and read my disclosure a little more thoroughly. I said dual degree in Social Work and Criminal Justice. And you grab a hold of that information and now proclaim me to be a "crime fightin' guy" and "working for the enemy." I am a clinical therapist who works mainly with clients who have been caught up in the criminal justice system. I advocate for those busted for offenses involving drugs and/or alcohol to have an opportunity to enter substance abuse or chemical dependency treatment rather than be incarcerated. The majority of my clients are not criminals, but rather, suffer from a disease. Just thought I'd mention it 'cuz I didn't want you to suffer the burden of knowing it all again and again. I swear doc, you are really quite full of yourself. And your misguided interpretation of my career and reactionary response illutrates in this dialogue and others what an ignorant twit you are.

Oops! Missed that social work part. So sue me.

Any more "constructive" criticism from the great witch doctor? Do you use that method on your clients? Sounds like a malpractice suit brewing in the witch doctor's cauldron...

Last edited by DrCharbonneau on Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:15 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle-old ... ort1.shtml

Since this thread is really about balancing the budget... If this law enforcement expense alone were dropped like a hot potatoe (no pun intended) a big chunk of that medicare issue would disappear.

Fire the cops, lawyers and judges. Buy more guns. Might sound insane, but how many would go in to rob a bank if every teller was packin'? Rip somebody off in a land deal? They put RIP on your tombstone and I don't mean pizza. Mom catches Dad fooling with their kids, a bullet through his dried up arachnoid mater solves that problem.

Useless pot laws, of course, create jobs. Who pays for those jobs?

I've never had a case where law enforcement has ever given me anything but a reason to see cops as useless... pigs. Why pigs? They hog up our tax payer dollars.

I don't mind chipping in to build roads, better education systems, art & science projects, colonies on other planets, et al, but pay for a prison nation? I'd rather stay below the poverty line and take my turn at dying of rectal cancer.

Glad I don't take internet crap to heart. That would probably come quicker.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:40 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Now I actually agree with some of what you said up there. Enormous amounts of dollars are being wasted on the "drug wars" and prison has become a multi-multi-billion dollar industry. That's why many of the corporate-backed republicans are pushing for privatization of the prison system. We're number 1 on the planet for the number of people incarcerated. We have twice+ the number of prisoners the Chinese have, despite having only about 1/7th the population.

My area of work not only reduces the number of drug offenders who get sent to prison, it also helps those suffering from the disease of addiction turn their lives around, benefiting not only them but their families, loved ones, and communities.

I understand, but only partially agree with you on the police issue. We were all outraged with the way SOME police behaved while dealing with the Occupy folks, and the beatings and even killings committed by individuals with a badge. But a "civilized" society requires a certain amount of law and order to enforce the social contract. In my experience, most law enforcement officers are good people doing their best to perform a tough and, for the most part, thankless job.

See doc, when we take the time to explore and understand each other, there's a universe of shared common ground.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:00 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Oh... alright. I take back those mean things I said (with hopes you don't really have the bone tied up in your hair...:D )

Anarchism is not a society without rules, but a society without rulers.

We just haven't grown up enough, I guess... or maybe we grew bigger than our britches...

I know I'd think twice if I knew anyone could be packin' a Glock 10.

(The vision that comes to mind is the 10 year old with the blasted thing. Glad I don't have any kids....)

BTW... did you notice your post was "2323?" Reminds me of that old Zagger & Evans song...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:32 pm

Arlo Fanatic

DrCharbonneau wrote:
nortonkevin wrote:

Oops! Missed that social work part. So sue me.

Any more "constructive" criticism from the great witch doctor? Do you use that method on your clients? Sounds like a malpractice suit brewing in the witch doctor's cauldron...

You are truly a dumbass.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:02 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Then my ass is quiet.

Better than you talking through yours all the time... asshole! It appears the only way you can shut up is to go fuck yourself.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:02 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Oops. That was more than 8 words at a time...