Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:23 pm

ArloNetizen

Chart: Republicans do not care about the health and well-being of Americans

Monday, July 2, 2012, 12:29 pm by GottaLaff

http://thepoliticalcarnival.net/wp-cont ... 5x1024.png

Not a single Republican governor has pledged to accept the new Medicaid funds and three Democrats are also considering turning down the money.

Republicans are way more interested in defeating President Obama and obstructing bills that would benefit Americans than they are in the health and well-being of the country. The only beneficiaries they’re interested in are themselves and their corporate donors.

http://thepoliticalcarnival.net/2012/07 ... americans/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:46 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Well, Annie... You pretty much put everything written in the one site. Any ideas about how to change their minds?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:18 pm

Arlo Fanatic

annie wrote:
Chart: Republicans do not care about the health and well-being of Americans

Monday, July 2, 2012, 12:29 pm by GottaLaff

http://thepoliticalcarnival.net/wp-cont ... 5x1024.png

Not a single Republican governor has pledged to accept the new Medicaid funds and three Democrats are also considering turning down the money.

Republicans are way more interested in defeating President Obama and obstructing bills that would benefit Americans than they are in the health and well-being of the country. The only beneficiaries they’re interested in are themselves and their corporate donors.

http://thepoliticalcarnival.net/2012/07 ... americans/

What a bunch of dumbasses.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:26 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Who ya gonna call? Pug Busters!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:36 pm

BlunderVirgin

I found it exceedingly difficult to celebrate our nation's birthday yesterday. Living in Wisconsin, I am saddened each day I am forced to wake up to the tyrrany of Scott Walker's reign. My husband, myself and our 3 children were 5 of the 64,000 people cut off Badgercare - our state's healthcare program. We are EMPLOYED, hard working, tax payers, whose employers don't offer healthcare. We had a major medical plan that cost us over $500/month, and had to give it up, lest we forgo paying our mortgage. I have Iritis, a chronic eye condition that causes blindness if left untreated. No one will even cover me unless I sign a waiver excluding eye care. I am frightened by the general state of ignorance in which roughly half our country lives. Walker knew Wisconsin wasn't broke, but after he gave corporations millions in tax breaks, we were. Money that could have been used for education, healthcare, and programs that benefitted the working class and poor, but instead he forced us to cover the costs of those corporate tax breaks by giving up crucial monies earmarked for education and healthcare. More than half of Wisconsin agrees with him. Coming off the heels of our failed recall, and the ignorance that prevails nationwide, I couldn't (and won't) celebrate a country that makes me more ashamed than proud. What I find utterly stupifying is the Republican "Christian" right imposing and spreading their hatred, spreading fear, and calling anyone who disagrees with them "not a Christian". Do they realize what a bad name they're giving themselves? It is precisely these people who don't think it's Christian to help someone in need. Not Christian to expect and practice equality, fairness and compassion. No, they sit in righteous indignation and pray to their god that he smites anyone who disagrees. These are the Republicans, and this is the prevailing party in the U.S. This Land isn't My Land, anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:32 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Marls wrote:
I found it exceedingly difficult to celebrate our nation's birthday yesterday. Living in Wisconsin, I am saddened each day I am forced to wake up to the tyrrany of Scott Walker's reign................. This Land isn't My Land, anymore.

I really appreciate your well articulated thoughts Maris, and as a resident of Florida I can relate to much of what you said and feel your pain and frustration. Down here we have another Scott - (P)rick Scott, who is running around declaring he will not be accepting the expanded Medicaid $'s just made available (when the supreme court upheld the afordable care act) to help insure a couple of million more folks - at ZERO cost to the state for a year or two, then funded federally at 90% from then on. Right now the fed is only paying 57% - WTF is he thinking? And I agree with your assessment regarding the stupidity/ignorance of half the [voting] country.....what a shame. Best of luck to you!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:36 pm

ArloNetizen

DrCharbonneau wrote:
Well, Annie... You pretty much put everything written in the one site. Any ideas about how to change their minds?

I think the people of those states are going to have to CHANGE GOVERNORS.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:34 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

To say the least.