Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:14 am

Senior ArloNetizen

I suppose the topic of this stupid thread is aimed at harrassing me by comparing me to someone of whose posts I haven't even seen so far. Many moons ago I was among those who created havoc, if it was really needed, by hving more than one account and persona. That was in like 1999. I found the net became my owner rather than the other way around. I must admit there was one site on the msn comms that was about politics; a real bees' hive. So many people had so many multiple accounts and personas it was difficult to tell who was who. That site got a "dismemberment" by me... Right_Turn_Clyde created a huge graphic of a flaming, republican elephant with a swastika on its side and spent about 4 hours uploading the elephant to every post starting at the bottom of the stack, then the top posts, then from the middle before a mod finally sobered up and logged on, still, that board was ruined for weeks.
After that I let all my email accounts lapse except my main account (the one I use now exclusively) and just went to being me. Made life simpler.
Nope. No Jafo here. I've always suspected that the ones who fight the hardest against some contentious person are that persona's alter ego... It's just a ruse to get attention by a lonely person that everyone ignores otherwise. A bit sad though, if you think about it. Bill Gates intended for the net to be a way everyone could become a millionaire. The bot and backup manufacturers really destroyed that. It could still be that way but people need to stop being afraid of everyone else. That Occupy movement is an example of what such fear has caused. If I had a ten dollar bill for every member of the Occupy movement, I'd buy a huge piece of land and create a never ending Woodstock where people could start over in their tent city that cost them nothing to live there and try my best to help them find their way back to a life.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:09 pm

Arlo Fanatic

gosh

i have actually benefitted from some of the discussions that have gone on here...from both the "cantankerous" and the not so cantankerous. there is a certain core element with that that i guess i am finding hard to explain. i am grateful for some of the folks that are and have been here...including the one that started this thread.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:17 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

agnes wrote:
gosh

i have actually benefitted from some of the discussions that have gone on here...from both the "cantankerous" and the not so cantankerous. there is a certain core element with that that i guess i am finding hard to explain. i am grateful for some of the folks that are and have been here...including the one that started this thread.

Believe it or not, I agree. What I never enjoy is the growing urge to dump a cyber-pitcher of beer in the lap of someone who turned nasty where I first was finding their words interesting. I personally don't mind being politely corrected. The keyword is politely. IN reflection on what you said, yes, we can benefit from the examples of rodents, canines, humans and simians collectively as examples of both social success and social folly.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:31 pm

Arlo Fanatic

hmmm...... thinly veiled yuck

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:17 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Not as much as you think unless rodents and monkeys give you the creeps. Simians and humans are the only ones that throw feces... ;)

Dogs are our best teachers of loyalty, but a dog beaten too often can either become a coward or mean. Mice are resourceful. Rats are fastidious. All can be won over to loyalty through love, but humans are the avaricious ones. Monkeys often lose their sanity in captivity. Mentally deficient humans are sometimes prone to throw feces at a perceived enemy. Children of one or both mentally abnormal parents are often abnormal and I mean physically in brain chemistry, so brain development.

If that kind of discussion is "yuck" I'd imagine a career in medicine may not be your best choice... :D

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:44 am

Arlo Fanatic

DrCharbonneau wrote:
Not as much as you think unless rodents and monkeys give you the creeps. Simians and humans are the only ones that throw feces... ;)

Dogs are our best teachers of loyalty, but a dog beaten too often can either become a coward or mean. Mice are resourceful. Rats are fastidious. All can be won over to loyalty through love, but humans are the avaricious ones. Monkeys often lose their sanity in captivity. Mentally deficient humans are sometimes prone to throw feces at a perceived enemy. Children of one or both mentally abnormal parents are often abnormal and I mean physically in brain chemistry, so brain development.

If that kind of discussion is "yuck" I'd imagine a career in medicine may not be your best choice... :D

While reading this I spontaneously began to sing the old Jelly Roll Morton tune:

I'm a winin' boy
Don't deny my name

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:47 pm

Arlo Fanatic

DrCharbonneau wrote:
Not as much as you think unless rodents and monkeys give you the creeps

well i don't know about that

i started thinking about that time i was sitting on a bank by a tributary resting back against my hands, and near one of my hands were two field mice rooting around in the grass and dirt and stuff...every so often i would inch my hand a little closer and just sit...i know at some point the bigger of the two leapt at my hand like he was gonna let me know something,(for some reason i thought that was cute) but i didn't flinch ...and gradually inched closer with my hand and then reached a finger over and touchd the "big" one on the tail and then gently picked him up by the tail (he was not in distress) and i held him up eye to eye with me and he just looked and sniffed, i probably asked him something like, 'what are you thinkin" about?" and maybe a giggle or two, then set him back down easy where he was( and where the other sat patiently) and left my hand near while they rooted around some more and eventually wandered off...
little lard bellies they were :)

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:12 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

THAT brings back a somewhat different experience from back in 1978. Some friends of mine (most of them Polocks, including my girlfriend) and I hopped the South Shore train to Chicago for a Stones and Journey concert at Soldiers' Field. Great concert in the bearing heat of the sun on a canvas tarp that covered the field. My nose burned, blistered and pealed within the 6 hour concert. One person fell to his death from the bleachers. After the concert we had to wait till morning for the next train back, so we rolled out our sleeping bags in Central Park, not far from the train station. We had no problems like being accosted, but I remember waking up in the middle of the night to catch a scuttle of rats filing by atop the nearby retaining wall. All single file and diligently organized. I noticed my one friend's wife was watching them too, while everyone else was snoozing. After they went by we looked at each other with our mouths hanging open Bob Newhart fashion. Those amazing animals... :D