Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:15 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

And I suppose it's okay for the others to post stuff like "I'm sorry you were wrong..." I talk about some bonafide research and get treated like a liar? ... and I'M the asshole. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:57 pm

Arlo Fanatic

No. You became the asshole when you made a post degrading someone for no apparent reason. You will find that people will go toe to toe with you here. You can learn here. People here will confront you if you are wrong. Sometimes there is name calling. There is nothing wrong with that. There is something wrong with saying something degrading for the just for the sake of saying it. If you can't prove your point without stooping to something like that, you don't have a point. If you can't see what's wrong with your shitty post, then you and I will probably have issues.

Edited to add this link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FOUqQt3Kg0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:29 am

Arlo Fanatic

DrCharbonneau wrote:
And I suppose it's okay for the others to post stuff like "I'm sorry you were wrong..." I talk about some bonafide research and get treated like a liar? ... and I'M the asshole. :roll:

This is directed at me so I just want to point out:

There were two clear cut cases where DrCharbonneau presented himself as Professor Wizbang. He did not understand basic polymer chemistry and he declared gasoline a mix of alcohols. My problem is that when a Professor Wizbang comes along and his rhetoric would result in a failing grade in High School Science classes, well, I thought it my patriotic duty to point out to those who might not have liked High School Science; well, I thought it wise to point out the true nature of Professor Wizbang and his rhetoric. You see, I am not only an atheist but I am a professional scientist and have been for going on 30 years now (how time gets the best of you).

When I say I am sorry you didn't know what you were talking about, well, that is because you reacted so defensively with all kinds of psychological craziness including having me crap on my fathers living room floor because i was abused. I wasn't abused! My Father was from a different generation and looked at family and family relationships a little differently than I, but I put it in perspective. Given the fact that he grew up in a not so financially sound urban Oklahoma community during the depression and came of age around WWII, he actually had a fairly sound grasp of perspective and reality and I will tell you flat out, I have no desire to go shit on his floor (were he still around).

That is about all I have to say about that!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:44 am

Senior ArloNetizen

I believe you're an atheist. Scientist? I don't see enough imagination to support that. Someone set deeply into denial? That's pretty evident. A mocking individual with the internet as an imagined extension of his knowledge? Typically. I really don't care anymore. I'm done with you.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:47 am

Arlo Fanatic

DrCharbonneau wrote:
I believe you're an atheist. Scientist? I don't see enough imagination to support that. Someone set deeply into denial? That's pretty evident. A mocking individual with the internet as an imagined extension of his knowledge? Typically. I really don't care anymore. I'm done with you.

ok

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:58 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Quote:
If you can't prove your point without stooping to something like that, you don't have a point. If you can't see what's wrong with your shitty post,

Thank you for qualifying "Alice's Restaurant" for a cynical parody. I wasn't the one who started mocking the Creation with his toilet obsessions. Prior to this I've never been able to bring myself to make a parody of Arlo's tunes. You obviously soooooooo good collection of individuals just lowered the shields after firing relentlessly on someone who just wanted to see some people on the East coast not lose all they have worked to build in the changing patterns of Mother Nature. I guess I needed another reason not to care. Now I have one.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:08 am

Arlo Fanatic

DrCharbonneau wrote:
Quote:
If you can't prove your point without stooping to something like that, you don't have a point. If you can't see what's wrong with your shitty post,

Thank you for qualifying "Alice's Restaurant" for a cynical parody. I wasn't the one who started mocking the Creation with his toilet obsessions. Prior to this I've never been able to bring myself to make a parody of Arlo's tunes. You obviously soooooooo good collection of individuals just lowered the shields after firing relentlessly on someone who just wanted to see some people on the East coast not lose all they have worked to build in the changing patterns of Mother Nature. I guess I needed another reason not to care. Now I have one.

ok

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:20 pm

Arlo Fanatic

DrCharbonneau wrote:

Funny. Those are exactly my thoughts about you Doc.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:00 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Quote:
Funny. Those are exactly my thoughts about you Doc.

... i'm sure I should care... but funny, I don't

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:38 am

Arlo Fanatic

Why would you?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:35 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Goofus wrote:
Why would you?

Because under normal circumstances I'm a caring person who endeavors to give hands up instead of hand slaps. Cybernet forums are generally not normal circumstances...

...and the monkey he's floating slowly out of range...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Arlo Fanatic

in response to heraclitis:

DrCharbonneau wrote:
I believe you're an atheist. Scientist? I don't see enough imagination to support that.

i don't even think you believe that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:17 pm

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:
in response to heraclitis:

DrCharbonneau wrote:
I believe you're an atheist. Scientist? I don't see enough imagination to support that.

i don't even think you believe that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P35WWj0DSKY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:44 pm

Arlo Fanatic

DrCharbonneau wrote:
Goofus wrote:
Why would you?

Because under normal circumstances I'm a caring person who endeavors to give hands up instead of hand slaps. Cybernet forums are generally not normal circumstances...

If this is true then why did you say something so nasty to someone?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:09 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Goofus wrote:
DrCharbonneau wrote:
Goofus wrote:
Why would you?

If this is true then why did you say something so nasty to someone?

You mean quoting some Roger Waters lyrics that uses a symmely [sp?] comparing bean counters to monkeys was nasty :shock:

We know that people will misread and we will miscommunicate our thoiughts. After a while a person knows that any forum will have some more intense discussions through that.

The net commits what we say to a written log with a date stamp. I certain meant no slight in any of that, only expressing there aer far more slaps than hands. Not even necessarily here, although it just might be interpretted that way...