Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:23 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Cheryl Harrell wrote:
Very interesting stuff ya'll are writing.

We seem to get to know each other a bit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:04 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Why don't you upgrade to do video Doc? You can find a used box in PDX that will do it for <$50. You can upgrade an old box to do it for almost nothing. Seems like if you can build a pod to save mankind, you probably have stuff around the house to do it with. If you did you could see Kevin making music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypUkKlPTAIc&feature=g-user-u&context=G2f5528fUCGXQYbcTJ33YllEBme2SYPecBOIvru3CUfAYQMmVm_bo

You could even do your own videos helping us understand what you are talking about.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:49 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Goofus wrote:
Why don't you upgrade to do video Doc? You can find a used box in PDX that will do it for <$50. You can upgrade an old box to do it for almost nothing. Seems like if you can build a pod to save mankind, you probably have stuff around the house to do it with. If you did you could see Kevin making music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypUkKlPTAIc&feature=g-user-u&context=G2f5528fUCGXQYbcTJ33YllEBme2SYPecBOIvru3CUfAYQMmVm_bo

You could even do your own videos helping us understand what you are talking about.

I can do it on my laptop. In fact I'll see if I can scare up a new set of headphones so I can check some of thos eout.

As for "why" on these other machines, consider that if I need magnet wire periodically and a 400 ft spool of 12 ga is aboiut $135 shipped now through ebay, upgrades are a lower priority. The rest is home improvement logistics and having the extra bucks just to go get a new HP or Gateway or Dell that has the mother board I want, probably complete with all the memory I want.

Me making my own videos is very much in the works. I have quite a bit on my plate ahead of that where I can do a good job of it. What are you having trouble understanding?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:36 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Most of it I guess.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:03 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Goofus wrote:
Most of it I guess.

Hard to imagine "something for nothing" or "why that image hasn't changed much in the last 7 years and won't change much in the next 7?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:49 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

It's interesting how someone who so desperately wants to believe that man is the highest, almighty face on the Ashira pole, also equally wants to ensure his is that highest face. This is seen almost universally among the atheist religion. I have yet to meet an atheist who ever admits to being incorrect about anything. On the net I've met Greek Philosophers, Roman and other tyrants, Norse and other gods and a plethora of Einsteins. Atheists all of them. Locked ion their 3 year old toilet training mode and acting like one. One here even betrayed his personality defect by sharing his toilet habits he likely was forced to adapt to by age 3.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:24 pm

Arlo Fanatic

DrCharbonneau wrote:
It's interesting how someone who so desperately wants to believe that man is the highest, almighty face on the Ashira pole, also equally wants to ensure his is that highest face. This is seen almost universally among the atheist religion. I have yet to meet an atheist who ever admits to being incorrect about anything. On the net I've met Greek Philosophers, Roman and other tyrants, Norse and other gods and a plethora of Einsteins. Atheists all of them. Locked ion their 3 year old toilet training mode and acting like one. One here even betrayed his personality defect by sharing his toilet habits he likely was forced to adapt to by age 3.

Do you by any chance have a relative who goes by the name of Jafo? :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:15 am

Arlo Fanatic

DrCharbonneau wrote:

Look I am sorry you didn't know what you were talking about! Let it go!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:55 am

Senior ArloNetizen

nortonkevin wrote:
DrCharbonneau wrote:

ROFLMAO! No, I'm who the forum name states. I don't make backups, go where I've been banned and pretty much use my own name or at least put a signature that states so.

Do you think this is why Herc goes after me this way? I'm not this Jafo persona.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:08 am

Arlo Fanatic

DrCharbonneau wrote:
nortonkevin wrote:
DrCharbonneau wrote:

ROFLMAO! No, I'm who the forum name states. I don't make backups, go where I've been banned and pretty much use my own name or at least put a signature that states so.

Do you think this is why Herc goes after me this way? I'm not this Jafo persona.

Why do you feel I am "going after you?" I just pointed out you did not know what you were talking about. Is there something wrong with that?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:09 am

Senior ArloNetizen

heraclitis wrote:
DrCharbonneau wrote:

I'm not sorry about anything. I'm happy to be corrected if I make a boo boo. As for your anal retentive, obsessive toilet habits, you brought that up. Why does it seem you are the only person posting to these threads who appears to have been toilet trained by an uneducated, severe adult? Dude! You can't even apologize for your own mistakes. You have to project your guilt onto someone else. Nobody else is doing that.

If you want to talk about it, I doubt if anyone here would think the worse of you for opening up. I'm sure there's some pain in all that.

Go take a healthy Zappa crappa on your father's living room floor, pull up your drawers without wiping .... and walk out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:18 am

Arlo Fanatic

DrCharbonneau wrote:
heraclitis wrote:
DrCharbonneau wrote:

I'm not sorry about anything. I'm happy to be corrected if I make a boo boo. As for your anal retentive, obsessive toilet habits, you brought that up. Why does it seem you are the only person posting to these threads who appears to have been toilet trained by an uneducated, severe adult? Dude! You can't even apologize for your own mistakes. You have to project your guilt onto someone else. Nobody else is doing that.

If you want to talk about it, I doubt if anyone here would think the worse of you for opening up. I'm sure there's some pain in all that.

Go take a healthy Zappa crappa on your father's living room floor, pull up your drawers without wiping .... and walk out.

JAFO, WHERE YOU BEEN DUDE?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:23 am

Senior ArloNetizen

BTW... you appear to be going after me because you are rude to me and nobody else. I'm not this "Jafo" nor do I know him or her. That ought to be evident, as well as my demonstrations of my capabilities. People who are on some political, trolling agenda don't demonstrate engineering design abilities as I have in my (the only ones there) posts in Reuben's Consignments. Any mission I'm on involves offering ideas that just might help some of us survive if this worldwide shaking and swirling atmosphere gets worse in the near future. This site is mostly for Arlo's fans and it seems to like creative, artistic types. I've proven that's what I am, only 21st Century oriented. I started a story in the Storyboard. Am I the only one here creative enough to take it forward?

I don't tell everyone I meet on the net they need help. You're an exception to that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:45 am

Arlo Fanatic

DrCharbonneau wrote:
Am I the only one here creative enough to take it forward?

I don't tell everyone I meet on the net they need help. You're an exception to that.

I love it!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:21 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

The fact is, as most psychologists will bring up, is our parents generally do us a lot of damage. I had an exceptionally good set of parents for their day. They kept intense arguments away from my sisters and me. They rewarded us for doing well, so we all did well in school. Compared to most we were lucky kids.

Many others are not that lucky. Although its Freudean, many psychologists will still bring up toilet training as a common first mistake. As an example many of us are familiar with, look at Sean Lennoin. John and Yoko let him stay in diapers till he was 7. Perfect parents? No. They were experimenting with new techniques, but one thing was certain; they were willing to become educated about raising their kids in "Nutopia."

Some kids are blatantly abused. This leaves a person with emotional scars and usually an anger that may never go away. The effects don't take a rocket scientist to figure out. If a person grows up hating their parents or maybe just one that was very severe, doting, condescending or otherwise infringing on the young person's right to become himself, how can that person grow to love. Human drama stories like The Breakfast Club are spawned by this.

Like I said, this is a place to unload. If nobody else responds, I will. If I think something is present beyond "self help" or a friendly suggestion, I'll say so.